Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ali_D2Ali_D2 Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HARMONIZERS! CHOOSE THE THIRD SONG WE PERFORM ON THE TODAY SHOW!:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I7OVEJppEpBTjrEsF2YcTa2YF4QNd8aomlTXjRh1-EM/viewform?c=0&w=1

This reminds me of when they asked us to choose the second single off their EP. That worked well...

RIP Better Together
    Nov 2013 - Nov 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Uk news:
    -Worth It has entered the UK Official Chart on streaming alone debuting at #81

-On the UK Spotify Daily Top Tracks chart, Worth It jumps +2 spots today to a new peak of #27

-On the UK Spotify Viral Top 50, Worth It is #30

-Worth it was added to the UK's 'Today Top Hits' & 'Summer Party' on UK Spotify

-Worth It has been added to the 'New RNB' playlist on UK Spotify

-Worth It has also been added to the 'TGIF' playlist on UK Spotify

-On the UK Commercial Radio daily chart, Worth It is #32

-On the UK Radio Top 40 daily chart Worth It is #28

-Itunes- #102 (+1)
  • Stacey_MoleStacey_Mole Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Ali_D2 wrote: »
    This is a very smart idea.

Fifth Harmony - Reflection Deluxe LP $29.98:
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=36917375&color=001

Do i have a record player. No.
    Do i want to buy this. Yes.

This sold out already and is now on back order. i wasn't aware vinyls were a thing lol
    Forum Member
    Ali_D2 wrote: »
    HARMONIZERS! CHOOSE THE THIRD SONG WE PERFORM ON THE TODAY SHOW!:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I7OVEJppEpBTjrEsF2YcTa2YF4QNd8aomlTXjRh1-EM/viewform?c=0&w=1

This reminds me of when they asked us to choose the second single off their EP. That worked well...

RIP Better Together
    Nov 2013 - Nov 2013.

Hahaha this whole thing was such a mess! First the girls looking very surprised in an interview when told that fans wanted Better Together as a single. Then Epic kinda-sorta announcing it as a single and sending the girls on random TV shows to perform it. Then their parents telling us they're gonna shoot a video for it. Then NOTHING. No radio adds, no video, no explanation. Epic Records is hilariously messy
    Forum Member
    This sold out already and is now on back order. i wasn't aware vinyls were a thing lol

oh it's not even on back order anymore. Guess they fulfilled the amount of stock available even off-site. Yesterday it said it's on backorder, today it says sold out.
  • Kenza_PayneKenza_Payne Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    So what do you guys want/expect/wish from 5H2?
    Forum Member
    RIAA updated 5H's page!! Look how beautiful it looks!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI1yqVcUMAAZMbP.png
    Forum Member

Better solo distribution. Just better use of all 5 vocals in general bc 5H has five awesome individual vocalists and it's so weird that not all of them are being used.

One or two really strong ballads with tight harmonies, led by Dinah/Lauren/Mani

Bops! I wanna dance lol.

A really good pop tune like their Anything Could Happen cover, led by Mila and Ally

An accapela interlude
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    RIAA updated 5H's page!! Look how beautiful it looks!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI1yqVcUMAAZMbP.png

So beautiful. :blush:
    According to out well educated fans in the twitter fandom, they predict WI should go 2x Platinum by the end of July.

Personally I believe this is realistic especially since WI's streaming has been so good. :cool:
    Forum Member
    luner_45 wrote: »
    So beautiful. :blush:
    According to out well educated fans in the twitter fandom, they predict WI should go 2x Platinum by the end of July.

Personally I believe this is realistic especially since WI's streaming has been so good. :cool:

I want them to go 2x Platinum with Worth It so so much!! They really deserve it...my babes :cry:
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love how much 5H's success bothers others, it's a really beautiful sight to see... I have tears of joy in my eyes right now.
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love how much 5H's success bothers others, it's a really beautiful sight to see... I have tears of joy in my eyes right now.

It truly is lol. I love the pettiness and shade that some people are throwing at 5H b/c they actually made it big. :blush:

OT: I believe the VMA's nominations will be announced next week, here's to hoping we get one nom and one main show performance slot.
    Forum Member
    The song is finally making headway in Australia! 18 on itunes now, increasing at least 2 positions a day for the past 3 days. I find it really funny just because radio there ignored the song for so long - we'd get happy when Smallzy played it even once. But the song still managed to hang around in the top 60 on itunes for ages with no airplay.

Now we are finally making progress - 31 on the radio airplay chart. Hopefully it rises more now!

I think this might be a valuable lesson - if a song is good enough, it will show signs of doing well even if radio airplay isn't great. Fans moan about "lack of promo" being the reason for some songs not succeeding and maybe there's an element of truth in that but if a song is going to be a hit, it will usually do decently by itself for a while. A song hanging around in the 300s in itunes will never be a hit no matter how much promo you throw at it. My 2 cents lol
    Forum Member
    This week Tuesday (allegedly) I'm In Love With a Monster from Hotel Transylvania 2 will be released on itunes. As usual we found this out ourselves from some obscure article and there's not been a peep from management or the girls about it...

So we'll wait and see if this actually happens. I have my $1.29 ready just in case
    Forum Member
    off topic but the trajectory of Bea Miller's career reminds me a lot of early 5H - both come from the same season of the x factor, both named as MTV artists to watch (but Bea one year later than 5H), both closely supported by Disney. Her song Fire N Gold has a mere audience of 0.716 and is 49 on the radio chart but it's sitting comfortably at 102 on itunes. I think she will do well...
    Forum Member
    It truly is lol. I love the pettiness and shade that some people are throwing at 5H b/c they actually made it big. :blush:

OT: I believe the VMA's nominations will be announced next week, here's to hoping we get one nom and one main show performance slot.

Lol they're pathetic to be honest. I do read #their thread from time to time and one girl actually linked people to her shady comments about 5H on some article. So does she want a round of applause, a 'well done'? :confused: Lmao. Absolutely pathetic. :D
    Forum Member
    It won't let me edit my last post for some reason so here's my additional 2 cents:

I only have 1 comment really: 5H are headed for a top 5 hit (at the very least) in someone else's "territory". I'll congratulate Little Mix the day they manage to reach top 50 on the Billboard 100. 5H are also rising in Australia which was also allegedly someone else's territory. So #they can shade all they want but it won't change the fact that 5H has a hit in America, Germany, France, Belgium, the Middle East and Asia. And in a week or two we can add Australia and the UK to that list. Black Magic will do amazingly in the UK and congrats to them but it obviously isn't that difficult if an unknown girl group from America can basically do the same. How's that for petty shade.

Done.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Worth It is doing great on itunes and secured radio 1 and capital airplay!
    It will certainly chart in the top 3, I predict #3 and I think it will stay top 40 for weeks.

I wish that they did come back to the UK for promo as their album is out next week! (I know they have tour rehearsals but their team should have booked them for some more radio concerts over here or even festivals like Wireless.)
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member

As everything seems to be going their way I'd be shocked if they didn't get a main performance slot. They will kill it.
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth It is doing AMAZING in the UK! Definite Top 3/5 hit for them here.

The song has grown on me so much. KissFM UK won't stop playing it. :)
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A mainshow slot is inevitable I think. They did the pre show last year and Worth It is a Top 15 hit, possibly Top 10 soon too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was so pleasantly surprised by "Reflection" and seeing how positive critics were (still can't get over their rolling stones review, amazing!) and the fact that all of their singles have gone platinum, it'll be tough to beat that for sure. But they can do it.

-Now that they have all three singles go platinum (and no i will never stop repeating this sentence) I expect them to work will great producers such as Max Martin, Pharrell, Darkchild, Dr.Luke etc. It's very possible but you really never know with Epic. I'm tired of Julian's shit, he's a good song-writer, he just needs to stop producing for the girls. He can stick with 1D.

- I need more feminist anthems because thats what they're passionate about and it comes off genuine. (Similar to Reflection and BO$$)

- VOCALS. Ideally they have a bop that showcases their vocals, (similar to Ariana where she has hit singles that are absolute tunes and bonus she can show off her vocals.) 5H have the vocals they just don't have the songs...yet.

- No more cheesy lyrics. I've listened to BHB three times. TGBL probably five. They're cute songs, but i got over that fast.

- I like their current genres: pop and urban pop/rnb. Radio will play it and it caters to all the members in the group so they should stick to it. We don't need one of the girls to feel neglected like zayn did with that folk music 1D was trying to pull.

- I need the album to flow. They can have a ballad but only if it fits. I know a lot of people wanted "Over" to be on the album, but where would that song go?

- A-list features. And no i don't mean Meghan Trainer. I still have hope for a Nicki collab.

- I want them to co-write, even if it's one song. They all have an amazing way with words, so it'd be nice to see what they come up with. LMHOOT and WAY were lyrically decent so they've probably gotten better. But they probably won't have time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An accapela interlude

Ohhhh i didn't even think about that! That would be great, Ariana has a nice one at the start of her album. Plus it would be a nice way to showcase harmonies without sounding like a choir. Good idea :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week Tuesday (allegedly) I'm In Love With a Monster from Hotel Transylvania 2 will be released on itunes. As usual we found this out ourselves from some obscure article and there's not been a peep from management or the girls about it...

So we'll wait and see if this actually happens. I have my $1.29 ready just in case

Do you think it'll be sent to radio? I personally want to hear the whole thing before i determine whether i want it to be sent to radio or not. But it sounds good from what I've heard so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't want this thread to end up like that other thread. I know they spend a lot of time talking about 5h and we all know why, but lets just stick to our girls. :) The more popular 5H get, the more others talk and hate. It naturally comes with the territory :p

Also, it makes me really happy to see boy bands fade while girl groups prosper. ^_^ Fifth Harmony really did open the door whether you like it or not. #Girlpower