Nick Grimshaw? Oh dear.

2»

Comments

• AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    I think the revelation of this year's judging panel has sealed the deal for me on whether or not I'll be watching this year's show. Nick Grimshaw is so smug and self satisfied that I find him borderline repulsive. Rita Ora and Cheryl are too similar and insipid. And Simon is predictable. Plus Olly Murs, Caroline Flack, Rochelle and Melvin on the presenting panel?????????? It's like someone went out of their way to make my nightmare a reality.

Caroline Flack is a dreadful presenter.

Rochelle and Melvin are lovely but act as if they are deer in the headlights.

Olly Murs is bizarrely the best of them
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    He's awful.

I find him a very strange choice for a judge, not a good move in my opinion his radio 1 show is truly awful but he may suprise me.
  • theboyroddtheboyrodd Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Everyone stop moaning I think he will be great. Let's not forgot the incompetent Louis Walsh has left and good riddance, And let's face it I didn't want **** ash breath tulisa to return.

Nick is the future without doubt and far play to him he is clearly a likeable charactor and mixes with the right circles. I truly believe he would give you his last quid in his pocket.

Let's face it Simon Cowell is very clever knowing that Nick will be talking about it constantly, To an age demographic that the X factor desperately needs them to tune in and vote. This in turn will suit the bbc down to the ground as it gives free publicity the other way. You only have to watch the YouTube clips of the interview and call or delete videos that show they have great chemistry together. I honestly think X factor will win the ratings this year.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's gifted with banality, perfick for the show.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theboyrodd wrote: »
    Everyone stop moaning I think he will be great. Let's not forgot the incompetent Louis Walsh has left and good riddance, And let's face it I didn't want **** ash breath tulisa to return.

Nick is the future without doubt and far play to him he is clearly a likeable charactor and mixes with the right circles. I truly believe he would give you his last quid in his pocket.

Let's face it Simon Cowell is very clever knowing that Nick will be talking about it constantly, To an age demographic that the X factor desperately needs them to tune in and vote. This in turn will suit the bbc down to the ground as it gives free publicity the other way. You only have to watch the YouTube clips of the interview and call or delete videos that show they have great chemistry together. I honestly think X factor will win the ratings this year.
    Rubbish!

Grimmy's appeal,is to WOMEN aged roughly 15-25 ONLY!
    The fact is that a lot of teens/early 20s go out on Saturday nights, and as for Grimmy knowing the "right" people, yes, he does NOW, but the world of showbiz is very fickle & if there is ever a return to a "grittier" type of pop music he's in trouble as he's regarded as horrendous suck up & closely linked to a few acts who are famous in this period only.

I agree that Louis was passé- but Grimmy as a decent replacement?? Don't buy it.
  • biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Eileen or Todd Grimshaw would have made a better choice, as least some Corrie fans would tune in!
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand listening to him, every other word is "EEEEEEERRRR"