143 American Dollars

Mad HatterMad Hatter Posts: 776
Forum Member
✭✭
Someone is calling to buy 143 American Dollars from me later today. I want to sell them so that I do slightly better out of it (than taking them to a bank) and the buyer does slightly better out of it (than buying them from a bank). Can anyone help me by calculating the price I need to sell them at please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    type currency converter into google, astonishingly it will come up with a multitude of exchange rate websites, isn't the web an amazing thing......
  • NP73NP73 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    www.xe.com will give you the current exchange rate, at the moment £93.84
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £94 to even it up
  • Mad HatterMad Hatter Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for your replies.

So I can sell them for £94 and I will be doing slightly better than taking them to a bank and they will be doing slightly better than buying them for a bank. Is that correct as the buyer is calling soon.

I dont think I want the current exchange rate do I, I want to be in the middle between "buying" and "selling".

Many thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for your replies.

So I can sell them for £94 and I will be doing slightly better than taking them to a bank and they will be doing slightly better than buying them for a bank. Is that correct as the buyer is calling soon.

I dont think I want the current exchange rate do I, I want to be in the middle between "buying" and "selling".

Many thanks.
  • slapmattslapmatt Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current rate on FT.com is $1.52/£

If you went to a bank they would sell you dollars for about $1.40/£ and they would buy them back off you for about $1.60/£ - therefore charging your friend £94 is about in the middle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay then £94 pound it is! Thanks so much for your help in this matter. I'm not that good at maths and I didnt want to get diggled (is there such a word) nor did I want to dictate a price and be wrong so I really do appreciate all your help in this matter.

Might as well sell em, not planning on going anywhere, just sitting there. Was going to change them back when it was the best price for me but I have lost track of what the dollar is now anyway.

So - thanks again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Hatter wrote: »
    Okay then £94 pound it is! Thanks so much for your help in this matter. I'm not that good at maths and I didnt want to get diggled (is there such a word) nor did I want to dictate a price and be wrong so I really do appreciate all your help in this matter.

Might as well sell em, not planning on going anywhere, just sitting there. Was going to change them back when it was the best price for me but I have lost track of what the dollar is now anyway.

So - thanks again.

It's diddled.:)