‘Katie Price demeans marriage more than gay marriage ever could’

13»

Comments

• wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.

After all, only 20 odd years ago there were no women priests. The church's recognition of gay marriage will happen eventually I'm sure.

Hopefully, but until then we may have to face the prospect of Ms Price getting married at least another dozen times. Her last deal will be with SAGA magazine :D
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    To Katie Price it clearly does have no value. To you, it has value. My point is that I don't see how the one thing affects the other.

I get your point but most do see a marriage as something with high value, her jumping from man to man imo does devalue it. But then again I did go to a catholic school :D

In terms of the church and gays they will never be cool with it. Mixed race marriage opinion was rooted in racism and bigotry there was no biblical argument at all. There IS with non heterosexual marriage. The church do have a strong biblical reason why they do not want to allow it to happen. In order for a marriage to be classed as a proper one you have to consumate it. And in order to do that...well you know what has to happen ;) and Leviticus says that's wrong. I'm Christian and LGBT so I kind of don't listen to that. But I see why there is a furore over it. It kind of goes against what they stand for, respect for the Bible in the modern age. It's what it is. Gotta deal with it.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how long until divorce papers are issued? :D
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    So how long until divorce papers are issued? :D

Give it a month :D watch her find out they were simply 'incompatible' :D
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gay marriage does not demean (straight) marriage, because they are unrelated regardless of what some people say. It does not change anything, it just pisses some people off. Treating marriage as a photo op, getting married drunk, getting married and then quickly divorced, on the other hand, does demean it.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Give it a month :D watch her find out they were simply 'incompatible' :D

No, she'll realise the medium was right and that she does want Kevin after all :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KP and her exs dont forget, may be the latest in a very long line of zelebs/celebs to demean marriage, think a far better case for your cause lies within the demeaning of marriage by a member of the establishment itself, who in the house of god, with a young bride by his side vowed every vow going while his knock off stood in the congregation and watched
    Im with christopher biggins on this one hes had the experience of both a marriage/civil partnership
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    No, she'll realise the medium was right and that she does want Kevin after all :p

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe she should go through all the K's and marry a Kenneth, Kit, Kamil, Kai ect ect? You know, just to make sure.
    Forum Member
    Maybe she should go through all the K's and marry a Kenneth, Kit, Kamil, Kai ect ect? You know, just to make sure.

Loool! Hahaha
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,619
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    I get your point but most do see a marriage as something with high value, her jumping from man to man imo does devalue it. But then again I did go to a catholic school :D

In terms of the church and gays they will never be cool with it. Mixed race marriage opinion was rooted in racism and bigotry there was no biblical argument at all. There IS with non heterosexual marriage. The church do have a strong biblical reason why they do not want to allow it to happen. In order for a marriage to be classed as a proper one you have to consumate it. And in order to do that...well you know what has to happen ;) and Leviticus says that's wrong. I'm Christian and LGBT so I kind of don't listen to that. But I see why there is a furore over it. It kind of goes against what they stand for, respect for the Bible in the modern age. It's what it is. Gotta deal with it.

Actually there were plenty of Biblical arguments bandied about by anti-miscegenationists and one of the judges in Loving v Virginia even said that God separated the races and so it was against his will for people of those races to unite themselves in marriage.

Plus not all Churches are against gay marriage. Quakers, Unitarians and Liberal and Reform Jews are all in favour and want the right to perform gay marriage ceremonies. The Church of England is also incredibly divided on the issue with even some bishops calling for the Church to allow same sex couples to marry. The Lutherans in Denmark and Sweden already marry gay couples. So it's not all that clear cut really.
    Forum Member
    Gay marriage does not demean (straight) marriage, because they are unrelated regardless of what some people say. It does not change anything, it just pisses some people off. Treating marriage as a photo op, getting married drunk, getting married and then quickly divorced, on the other hand, does demean it.

There's no such thing as gay marriage. If and when the law changes gay couples won't get gay married, they'll just get married.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    There's no such thing as gay marriage. If and when the law changes gay couples won't get gay married, they'll just get married.

I don't understand that logic.:o
    Forum Member
    I don't understand that logic.:o

As a gay man I don't have a gay driving licence. I don't eat a gay breakfast, I don't have a gay contract when I buy a house. Similarly if and when the law changes to allow gay couples to marry I won't have a gay marriage I'll just have a marriage same as a heterosexual couple. No one is creating a new thing called 'gay marriage' but rather are extending the right to marry to gay couples.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a gay man I don't have a gay driving licence. I don't eat a gay breakfast, I don't have a gay contract when I buy a house. Similarly if and when the law changes to allow gay couples to marry I won't have a gay marriage I'll just have a marriage same as a heterosexual couple. No one is creating a new thing called 'gay marriage' but rather are extending the right to marry to gay couples.

Just re-read your initial post and I'm sorry that I made a mistook.:o

Please forgive me.:o
    Forum Member
    Just re-read your initial post and I'm sorry that I made a mistook.:o

Please forgive me.:o

No problem! I wasn't sure I'd explained it all that well! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem! I wasn't sure I'd explained it all that well! :D

Your explanation was just fine.
    Sorry again.:o
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D I love this post. I wonder what would constitute a gay breakfast? :D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D
    No doubt whatever it is the DM would find a way to suggest that it undermines all the other breakfasts:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

Mmmm...well...it may involve cucumbers :D
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she actually get a magazine deal?
    Forum Member
    Actually there were plenty of Biblical arguments bandied about by anti-miscegenationists and one of the judges in Loving v Virginia even said that God separated the races and so it was against his will for people of those races to unite themselves in marriage.

Plus not all Churches are against gay marriage. Quakers, Unitarians and Liberal and Reform Jews are all in favour and want the right to perform gay marriage ceremonies. The Church of England is also incredibly divided on the issue with even some bishops calling for the Church to allow same sex couples to marry. The Lutherans in Denmark and Sweden already marry gay couples. So it's not all that clear cut really.

Oop I should do more research :o sorry! I wad raised to believe the only reason people disliked inter racial marriages was because of racism (well that's what we saw in our family against my uncle). The Church is deeply divided in general about it. I agree with what you said above...I won't have a gay marriage either. I prefer the term equal marriage. Putting sexuality in there imo is asking for a violent conversation.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She demeans human life. If she is human.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »
    “On Good Friday the topless model Jordan, aka Katie Price, married again. It is the third or fourth time she has married. This time she has married a part-time stripper who she apparently knew for six weeks before they got engaged.

“It is slightly tricky counting Ms Price’s marriages because each one includes a lot of mini-‘marriages’ – restating of vows, re-marrying, doing it again for the cameras and so on.”

Murray concludes his point by saying: “If the people who object to civil gay marriage really are concerned about the undermining of the sanctity of marriage would they not be better exercised by railing against Willy Wonka themed weddings of celebrities cashing in on magazine deals for the umpteenth time?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/04/03/spectator-columnist-katie-price-demeans-marriage-more-than-gay-marriage-ever-could/

Good point?

I agree 100%.