BT set to charge for CL games

1323334353638»

Comments

• PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    promo-only wrote: »
    What about the live goals and highlights show with James Richardson that will be on BTS1 at the same time as live matches on other channels?

It wouldn't surprise me if BT customers will somehow benefit from a HD BT Showcase stream via a stand-alone channel on the YouView EPG, even if it's labelled as one of the BT Sport Extra streams.
    Has it been confirmed the Goals show will be on BTS1? It'd make sense, and I certainly hope it is, but it was posted earlier in the thread that BT seem keen to keep it exclusive to BT TV (presumably as one of the extra streams only available there). I hope that's just poor wording on BT's part as I can't see any reason to keep it exclusive.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    promo-only wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if BT customers will somehow benefit from a HD BT Showcase stream via a stand-alone channel on the YouView EPG, even if it's labelled as one of the BT Sport Extra streams.
    Actually, that's a good point - all games will probably be on BTS Extra streams anyway so Showcase matches should still be available "natively" to BT TV customers without needing to use BTS1. The only people who then need to switch to Freeview are Sky/Virgin customers.
  • pegglepeggle Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    It seems the T&C's have changed. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53767/~/manage-my-bt-sport-options

How much does BT Sport cost?

BT Sport Pack is free to BT Sport on BT TV customers who take BT TV for the first time, have re-contracted since 1st January 2015, or re-contract their existing BT TV and BT Broadband services for a minimum of 12 months.
    If you're watching on Sky and you have BT Broadband, BT Sport Pack is £5 as long as you're within your BT Broadband minimum term. After that it's £11.75 per month unless you renew your BT Broadband minimum term, in which case it will continue to cost £5.
    If you watch via the BT Sport app and online player or the BT Mobile app, BT Sport Pack is £5 per month.
    If you don't have BT Broadband, BT Sport Pack on Sky will cost £19.99.

I re-contracted in February for BT TV +HD pack and had intended to pay the extra £5/month until my contract ended rather than a new 18 month contract.

As I read the new T&C's I now get the sport pack free.
  • Stumacher7Stumacher7 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    My account shows the same as yours (11.99 discount from 1-8) However, I had contacted them a couple of times, roughly 3 weeks ago, and i assume somebody amended my discount after ensuring me the discount would stand. That doesn't hold up though if you have the same outcome as me without doing anything so it must be down to something else.

Ah well, i'm still expecting to be hit by an increase in August. If i don't then it'll be a nice surprise. If they honour my discount then i will switch my broadband/TV to them once the 12 month contract is up (maybe they are being nice to me because they know i am a Sky customer?)
    Just got my August bill and been charged £23.54 a massive 214% increase despite having in writing that they would honour my discount. I'm fuming but don't want to give abuse to some poor teenager at a call centre. I know some people have had results emailing Jeramy Darrogh at sky is there an equivalent at BT?
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stumacher7 wrote: »
    Just got my August bill and been charged £23.54 a massive 214% increase despite having in writing that they would honour my discount. I'm fuming but don't want to give abuse to some poor teenager at a call centre. I know some people have had results emailing Jeramy Darrogh at sky is there an equivalent at BT?

There is, google CEO email to find the handy site that lists hundreds of companies, including BT
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emailing BT's CEO is the only way to get issues resolved in my experience. You'll likely get a dedicated support rep from their executive support department.
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CEO
    delia bushell
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I spoke to someone at BT this morning and they informed me that it was a glitch with the system and they were aware of the issue. You will have to phone them to highlight the issue and make sure your account is amended. He said it would take a week for the fix to go through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spoke to someone at BT this morning and they informed me that it was a glitch with the system and they were aware of the issue. You will have to phone them to highlight the issue and make sure your account is amended. He said it would take a week for the fix to go through.
    I rang this evening and after a long wait in queue used the call back option. The woman who called me back stuck to the line that I was only entitled to the £5.50 discount from the now higher standard price. I tried arguing that the letter I received and the July bill showing discount of £11.99 from 1st August was misleading but she stuck to her script and said this was the policy and there were no exceptions - to be fair to her it sounded like she'd been saying the same thing for days on end. So I gave up arguing and asked if I could cancel she said yes and transferred me- but I just ended up in another telephone queue so I gave up after a few minutes. Sounds like they are absolutely inundated with unhappy customers. I wonder if their disappointing viewing figures for the early season games are a result of cancellations from people on the Sky platform?
  • PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rang this evening and after a long wait in queue used the call back option. The woman who called me back stuck to the line that I was only entitled to the £5.50 discount from the now higher standard price. I tried arguing that the letter I received and the July bill showing discount of £11.99 from 1st August was misleading but she stuck to her script and said this was the policy and there were no exceptions - to be fair to her it sounded like she'd been saying the same thing for days on end. So I gave up arguing and asked if I could cancel she said yes and transferred me- but I just ended up in another telephone queue so I gave up after a few minutes. Sounds like they are absolutely inundated with unhappy customers. I wonder if their disappointing viewing figures for the early season games are a result of cancellations from people on the Sky platform?
    For situations like this I find the site saynoto0870.com invaluable - firstly for finding free alternatives to sometimes costly contact numbers, and secondly for finding numbers which bypass multiple choice menus etc.

Try 0800 587 7216, that's the number I used when I rang to discuss my bill and after less than a minute's wait I was put straight through to a member of Customer Options (BT Cancellations), without any call transfers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So, i followed up what was discussed previously and it seems i was told complete bollocks. I've had to negotiate a new contract from today and the best they could offer was £13.99 (including HD charge) for 12 months. For you, and anyone else reading, this is the best offer you can get right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, i followed up what was discussed previously and it seems i was told complete bollocks. I've had to negotiate a new contract from today and the best they could offer was £13.99 (including HD charge) for 12 months. For you, and anyone else reading, this is the best offer you can get right now.

I also rang cancellations a couple of days ago but I think you got a better deal than me I got £13.50 with 3 months free hd then £4 although the hd is a month to month contract so can be cancelled without penalty. For what it's worth I did also get a verbal apology and an acknowledgment that their communication was confusing. I was also told that the BT staff themselves had only just been told about what was happening to Sky customers on existing deals - they said that they were going to report to management that what has happened was poorly handled
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also rang cancellations a couple of days ago but I think you got a better deal than me I got £13.50 with 3 months free hd then £4 although the hd is a month to month contract so can be cancelled without penalty. For what it's worth I did also get a verbal apology and an acknowledgment that their communication was confusing. I was also told that the BT staff themselves had only just been told about what was happening to Sky customers on existing deals - they said that they were going to report to management that what has happened was poorly handled

They got you with the 3 months free HD but yeah, long term it isn't the greatest deal ever - Much better than paying £23.99 though!

Speaking to cancellations is a bit like a game to me - You have to make them feel like they have no option but to give you the best deal whilst remaining pleasant. Sometimes you get it wrong and sometimes you get it right. In this case it was easy as i had been told the wrong information on 3 occasions so i think the fella i was speaking to realised that and give me the best deal he could.

Roll on round 2 in 12 months time :p