Options

Who Do You Think You Are - Kim Cattrall (Merged)

LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watch it?

Comments

• Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    yes - was just trying to see if there was already a thread.
    Best one I've seen - an amzing story and so emotional for all concerned. What a selfish man George Baugh was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    yeah it was a really good one I thought

and lots of close ups and apparently no botox - still looking fab Kim!
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Yes, still slightly stunned at what an absolute git her Granddad turned out to be :eek:
  • Options
    iwastheretooiwastheretoo Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    yes, only seen a few in the series but this was great. I didnt think I would like KC, but it was so interesting! Great reaction from her Mother at the end!
  • Options
    LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best I have ever seen.

It was refreshing to see a celeb discover very upsetting and uncomforatble facts about a close relative and not turn on the water works. Kim, her mother and sisters showed a lot of dignity and grace.
    Her grandad was a piece of work :mad::(
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very moving seeing the 3 daughters at the end of the programme learn about their "father" and where he had gone.
  • Options
    topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    Surprised with all the money that she has got that she hadn't already tried to trace her grandfather. She came across as very warm though and her family were all lovely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I was getting a bit bored with the series but David Mitchell one was great and then this one, which I wasn't sure I'd like but was the best
  • Options
    richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Great one, fascinating, would it have been good to go to Sydney? not sure, Kim didn't want to go, so perhaps that was it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was getting a bit bored with the series but David Mitchell one was great and then this one, which I wasn't sure I'd like but was the best

I know what you mean some of the more over the top/grand ones like Kate Humble and Divina McCall are good in their way. But I find the more low key and humble stories more touching and often facinating. Which is why I enjoyed last weeks and was so moved by this one.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim was lovely. Not that I expected her to not to be, but she seemed very warm and lovely especially when the older lady gave her the photos of her grandfather.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    richardwds wrote: »
    Great one, fascinating, would it have been good to go to Sydney? not sure, Kim didn't want to go, so perhaps that was it.

I wonder if George's kids didn't want to be part of it, must have come as a hell of a shock to them if the programme makers did contact them - finding out their parents whole 'marriage' was built on a lie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that it was a good choice of Kim's not to go to Australia. I think it showed sensitivty to all invloved. Her mothers half siblings will have no idea about their Late Dad's other life and a TV show was not the appropriate place for them to find out. Some things should be done in private.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if George's kids didn't want to be part of it, must have come as a hell of a shock to them if the programme makers did contact them - finding out their parents whole 'marriage' was built on a lie

well they show the programme in Australia so they'll find out the whole shocking story!
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an on-screen message at the very end saying that her mother, Shane, and her aunts Marjorie and Dorothy had contacted their half-siblings in Australia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    There was an on-screen message at the very end saying that her mother, Shane, and her aunts Marjorie and Dorothy had contacted their half-siblings in Australia.

It is something they will have wanted to have handled themselves in private.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »

Thanks, missed that.

And just to add that Kim looked fabulous, and seemingly untouched by botox - loved her mother as well
  • Options
    richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    well they show the programme in Australia so they'll find out the whole shocking story!

They would have known before tonight's broadcast, the researchers would have told them about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I make a point of only watching WDYTYA when I feel they have a person on the show who interests me (ie not Chris Moyles!)

This episode with Kim Cattrell was amazing. I really felt for her family. An excellent insight, I would love this story to be revisited as I'd like to know furthere how the Australian siblings feel about what happened etc.

I had a few tears in my eyes for this ep. It didn't feel contrived... and Kim seemed to genuinely care about what had happened!

Griping and moving television!
  • Options
    DEmbertonDEmberton Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that was excellent.

I wonder about the rest of her relatives as they obviously focused on just the one.
  • Options
    acertreeacertree Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fascinating and powerful episode. Definitely one of the best.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Excellent tonight, she's so elegant. Her grandad was a complete bastard to have discarded his family and just simply married again ! never even bothering to change his name.

It was good that her mum and aunties could get closure after all this time.
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Riveting episode. I just wish we could understand what can motivate someone to just leave not only his wife and kids behind but also his own mum and siblings then force his second wife to leave her family behind too. (my guess here is that he'd met Isabella BEFORE he walked out on Marion and his own mum). Somehow I wish the programme makers had spent some time exploring his own childhood if at all possible... just to try and understand how someone can become just so selfish.

Incredible dignity by Kim Catrall and her mum and aunts.
  • Options
    Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very moving story. Kim also seemed lovely too [she always does come across as a very nice person]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thought I heard Kim's mother mutter 'b@stard' at the end when they were shown the photos!