Jordan (I was raped) is it time the law was changed

nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,174
Forum Member
If Jordan has been raped "more than once" then she deserves every sympathy for this.
But if this is a lie then shame on her.
I personaly know a girl who was raped by someone she trusted and (although he was sent to prison) this has completley changed her life.
I also have a good friend who was accused of rape by a girl at his uni (she told all his friends) and he was arrested dna, fingerprints, photo etc. and when he proved he was away at the time (sadly his gran had died) the police became more symp. and told him we have to take every accusation seriously (which is good) but apparently when confronted with the evidence the girl said it must have been another man!!! Although the charges against him were dropped he never completed his degree as he thought people had changed towards him he has now been diagnosed with clinical depression and because he was arrested his details remain on file.
both these peoples lives were ruined by rape and being accused of rape.
the difference is nobody knows the girls name as she was (quite rightly protected) but a lot of people know the man's name as she went round telling everyone it was him (she left a month after)
should the law be changed to protect the accused as well as the accuser?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if I believe Jordan (Katie) because I think she seems like a persistent liar.

However, if she has been raped, it is her duty to tell the cops all about it. If she hasn't, she should go to jail.
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    the law should be changed to ensure that none of us has to put up with another single day's worth of lurid teasers and tidbits from the two-bob hussy
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the real question should be why she's cheapening rape to get her face in the papers.
  • sub4ux4sub4ux4 Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonder who it was ?

not .
  • nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,174
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    I think the real question should be why she's cheapening rape to get her face in the papers.

good point
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I believe Jordan (Katie) because I think she seems like a persistent liar.

True, but I thought Goody was a persistent liar too yet she really did have cancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its horrific isn't it?

If she has been raped I have every sympathy for the woman and it could go a way to explaining how difficult I find her (media) personality.

But, if she has, I have no doubt that she should have quietly reported it to the cops. NOT released it to the papers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    True, but I thought Goody was a persistent liar too yet she really did have cancer.

Yeah, but Jade couldn't do anything about the cancer.

Jordan, if true, could do something about a previous rape.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Whatever I may think of her, if she has been raped that is a terrible ordeal to suffer.

What makes me angry though is that like Ulrika she is refusing to name and shame (so they have come back too).

Conclusion: publicity seeking stunt. Or why mention it?

Is she a liar? I've not been aware of that.
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'accused' should go public (anyone with Google can find out who he is) and deny it if innocent.

Jordan is scraping the barrell here and I think she has hammered the final nail into her own coffin.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she feels that she wouldn't be believed in court.

So this is the only power she has.

Sort of a 'I know what you did and I want you to know that I haven't forgotten' sort of way...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    Whatever I may think of her, if she has been raped that is a terrible ordeal to suffer.

What makes me angry though is that like Ulrika she is refusing to name and shame (so they have come back too).

Exactly.

And as for her being a liar, I couldn't prove it but I've never believed a word that has come from her mouth.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( John Leslie V Ulrika Jonsson.The prosecution rests m'lud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was there ever any evidence that Ulrika Johnson was raped by that man? At the time he was a regular on TV but his career has been ruined.

Her word against his years later and he's a pariah. Is that fair?
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she'll cheapen anything to stay on top of the slag-heap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    The 'accused' should go public (anyone with Google can find out who he is) and deny it if innocent.

Jordan is scraping the barrell here and I think she has hammered the final nail into her own coffin.

She's already named him in front of a TV studio crew.

It won't be long until the poor bstrd's name is all over the net.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Was there ever any evidence that Ulrika Johnson was raped by that man? At the time he was a regular on TV but his career has been ruined.

No it most certainly isn't. It should have gone to court.
  • sub4ux4sub4ux4 Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive heard rumours unconfirmed i may add that it was a footballer .
    whos name i wont post because nothings certain its just a rumour at this point .
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She has never uttered his name against that act though, the media were to blame for the witch hunt.... Ulrika has never denied or affirmed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smooze wrote: »
    She has never uttered his name against that act though, the media were to blame for the witch hunt.... Ulrika has never denied or affirmed

And she should have denied had he not been the perpetrator.

If it were him I believe, she should have accused him and gone through with a court case if not for her sake but for the sake of all other rape victims out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smooze wrote: »

Which is as bad as a confirmation.

If it wasnt Leslie, then what kind of sick person would allow the speculation to continue without denying it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »

She said the person is a household name. Is the person who is currently being mentioned on the internet as being the rapist a household name? Not if its the one I am thinking of.

And if she really was raped, then surely she should go to the police because the person she is accusing might be a danger to other women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sub4ux4 wrote: »
    ive heard rumours unconfirmed i may add that it was a footballer .
    whos name i wont post because nothings certain its just a rumour at this point .

It could be anyone.

She's seen more helmets than Hitler.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And she should have denied had he not been the perpetrator.

If it were him I believe, she should have accused him and gone through with a court case if not for her sake but for the sake of all other rape victims out there.

Well it's pretty obvious he was the perpertrator...But she didn't press charges, her prerogative. Nor did most of the other women, who said he'd abused them, that came forward like a burst floodgate, afterwards.
  • nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,174
    Forum Member
    No it most certainly isn't. It should have gone to court.

thats the point he was not named by her
    but the press named him as a possible candidate
    and he has since been associated with being her rapist but as she never said it was him
    so he may have been unfairly treated