Options

Keeping kitty warm at night.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My mum won't let the kitten sleep in the main house at night, in case he wees or poos, he's already peed on the living room rug :D but he is now using his litter tray which is also not allowed in the house it's in the conservatory with his bed.

It's getting a bit chilly in there, so I filled up a hot water bottle with warm water from the tap, wrapped it in a small towel and put it underneath his blanket. Do you think he will be OK, the water is not scalding hot as it's from the tap.

Comments

• Options
    NP73NP73 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Should be, so long as his claws don't burst it (especially if he kneads). Even if he does, the water won't be hot enough to harm him, his bed will just be wet.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a cardboard box, put his stuff inside it and cut a little door in one side for him to get in and out.

Cats are hardy animals anyway. My cat stays outside some nights when it's below zero.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We used a hot water bottle for my mum's kittens, they were fine with hot water out the tap, just do what you're doing and wrap it up in a towl/blanket.
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    A lot of kittens like chewing, I'd worry that he would chew through the bottle and end up with a cold wet bed. I doubt a hot water bottle stays hot for more than a few hours too.

How about one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugglesafe-Microwaveable-Heat-Pad-Cover/dp/B001A36EUG/ref=pd_sim_kh_1

Good idea to get an enclosed bed too - as the previous poster said you can use a cardboard box filled with fleecy blankets, or buy one of the igloo type fleecy beds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lippincote wrote: »
    A lot of kittens like chewing, I'd worry that he would chew through the bottle and end up with a cold wet bed. I doubt a hot water bottle stays hot for more than a few hours too.

How about one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugglesafe-Microwaveable-Heat-Pad-Cover/dp/B001A36EUG/ref=pd_sim_kh_1

Good idea to get an enclosed bed too - as the previous poster said you can use a cardboard box filled with fleecy blankets, or buy one of the igloo type fleecy beds.

That looks good I've just ordered one. Will be impressed if it really does stay warm for 12 hours. :D
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heated blanket?