Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This new kid is what Derek was, before they wrote the tv series
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    >:( Nothing's happening.......and Karl's just not in it enough which is criminal, hehe.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooo don't leave :(
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Great start. Cried a bit again. This bloody programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Jeff being as good a dougie...... I hope im wrong.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of a disappointment, Derek seems a lot more articulate this series, I think Gervais has forgot how to play him.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,589
    Forum Member
    Cried again :cry: I don't want Douglas to leave and he was not in it enough tonight.

Love this show and Ricky owned BBC breakfast this morning in his interview :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I dont really get the show could somebody explain whos suppose to be acting as who etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Jeff being as good a dougie...... I hope im wrong.

I can't. Dougie was brilliant.

Although Kev had me in stitches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I gather we havent seen the last of Dougie. Maybe he'll come and back and tell Jeff to F*** off, as Brent did to Finchy that wonderful night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Great start. Cried a bit again. This bloody programme.

Me too. Weld up at Hannah reading dereks wish list. The 'lizzie' DVD up me over the edge.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont really get the show could somebody explain whos suppose to be acting as who etc
    No one is playing themselves or anything like that. It's just a scripted mock-doc sitcom like The Office.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,589
    Forum Member
    twogunthom wrote: »
    That was just my take on it mate, seems to me it could have been open to interpretation. What did Ricky Gervais say about it

This is what Ricky says .......

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=851844764829663
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I just don't get this program. How can anyone 'well up' because of a list that says obviously nice things, or an old woman singing an antwacky ald song? The sentimentality is so forced, it makes the show odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    I just don't get this program. How can anyone 'well up' because of a list that says obviously nice things, or an old woman singing an antwacky ald song? The sentimentality is so forced, it makes the show odd.

I do find it a bit odd at how people welled up to this episode. I'm not a very emotional person, but come on...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/29991/
    An abomination, it's like Channel 4 contracted Ebola for half an hour.

An incomprehensibly bad and poorly written disaster, it's not only bad but it lessens not just the actors, not just the audience, but human civilisation.

Oh and it turns out Derek is Oirish, so it turns out the first season wasn't mawkish enough.

And why is there an alcoholic sex offender living in an old folks home, why is the managers succesful partner sitting around looking like a stroke victim, why did Derek's dad suddenly give up being able to live on his own, why is the new volunteer apparently a section 8 psychopath from Afghanistan, why am I even asking this.
    Hahahahahahaha :D (not my own words, by the way)
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    What an awful, mawkish, laugh-free comedy this is.:confused: One episode of watching that gurning fool is more than enough for me. No more. Cant believe how low gervais has sunk since his Office days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev isn't living at the home. He's a layabout mate of Derek. He's just using the home as a place to drink....
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found this episode almost sickly sweet and didn';t see the point about all the fuss over Karl leaving?

Never liked it, still there are elements of it that are mocking people with learning difficulties, at very least showing ignorance but JMHO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muze wrote: »
    Found this episode almost sickly sweet and didn';t see the point about all the fuss over Karl leaving?

Never liked it, still there are elements of it that are mocking people with learning difficulties, at very least showing ignorance but JMHO

Really? Where?....l
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else is on Twitter right now?

That tweet was just sent when Vicky did it on TV. Very good.

Not very good at all when you consider it was meant to be his first tweet.

This was awful. Gervais really needs to get back with Stephen Merchant because he cannot write. He's also forgotten how to play Derek. Just plain lazy all round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Not very good at all when you consider it was meant to be his first tweet.

This was awful. Gervais really needs to get back with Stephen Merchant because he cannot write. He's also forgotten how to play Derek. Just plain lazy all round.

You hated series 1 quite a lot didnt you?

Good to have you back.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You hated series 1 quite a lot didnt you?

Good to have you back.

Just pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to invent things to compliment the show on.

Glad to be back : )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see there are some peole who can't just let people take pleasure from the things they enjoy......