***The Official Christmas Radio Times Countdown and Christmas TV Thread 2015***

Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
Forum Member

Let the discussions, debates, reminiscing, competitions, schedule predictions and general festive chat for 2015 begin!

Comments

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas seems to be getting earlier every year! :D
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Only_You wrote: »

Let the discussions, debates, reminiscing, competitions, schedule predictions and general festive chat for 2015 begin!

Have bookmarked this :)
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    It's only December 2014 but these have already been confirmed for Christmas 2015!

BBC

Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None
    Call the Midwife
    Sherlock

ITV

The Jonathan Ross Show
  • BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I think it'll be £3.90 when it is released.

Release date should be: Saturday 5th December (in the south/Midlands)
    Schedule: Saturday 19th December 2015 through to Friday 1st January 2016
  • Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Now that the 2015 countdown thread has started, I hope it will be as funny and as informative as the 2014 thread !
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batfink wrote: »
    I think it'll be £3.90 when it is released.

Release date should be: Saturday 5th December (in the south/Midlands)
    Schedule: Saturday 19th December 2015 through to Friday 1st January 2016

£4.00 surely.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is like an old friend who has had plastic surgery......;-)

Just a reminder about the second RT Quiz I'll be running in August. This year will fly by!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS.
  • digibladedigiblade Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    So pleased this is here, I feel happier going into 2015 with it in place. Loved wizzywick's quiz. Why not do one in January about this year's xmas tv?
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiblade wrote: »
    So pleased this is here, I feel happier going into 2015 with it in place. Loved wizzywick's quiz. Why not do one in January about this year's xmas tv?

Well, I will do the August Quiz as it is sort of a way to counting down the final few weeks before Claires_Dad launches his cover competition.

However, if anyone wants to do a January Quiz based on the previous Christmas' TV schedules, I think that would be great fun and I would be only happy to participate. It could become a tradition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Ah yes nice to see this thread up and running! :cool:

Film Premieres? Brave, Wreck It Ralph, Rise Of The Guardians, The Croods, Life Of Pi.....

Oh and I expect Sherlock will be on Christmas Day at 9pm and Series 4 will kick off New Years Day at 9pm as well.
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted this in the 2014 thread but think i was too late in starting it should have started it beginning of December when the schedules first came out but a just for fun competition this year - see how popular it is and may go big next year with a prize

|Heres a list of TEN programmes to be shown on Christmas Day all you need to do is choose the FIVE you think will end up the most watched when the overnight ratings are revealed on Boxing Day - I have left the soaps out

Puss in Boots BBC 1
    Strictly BBC 1
    Doctor Who BBC 1
    Miranda BBC 1
    Call the Midwife BBC 1
    Mrs Brown's Boys BBC 1
    Michael McIntyre BBC 1
    The Queen's Garden ITV
    For The Love of Dogs ITV
    Downton Abbey ITV

How it will work : if you get all 5 positions correct 5pts
    4 positions correct 4 pts
    3 positions correct 3pts
    2 positions correct 2 pts
    1 position correct 1 pt

Then if you get the viewing figure spot on 10 pts
    Within 250,000 +/- 5pts
    500,000 +/- 4 pts
    750,000 +/- 3 pts
    1 million +/- 2 pts
    1,250,000 +/- 1 pt

Closing date will be Midnight December 23

My picks

Mrs Brown's Boys 9.17 million
    Miranda 8.74
    Downton Abbey 7.95
    Strictly 7.85
    Dr Who 7.52

you can either Pm your entries or use the thread

Thanks to all that have entered so far
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    For a bit of fun, my prediction for Christmas 2015 ;)

17:00 Doctor Who
    18:00 EastEnders
    18:30 Still Open All Hours
    19:00 Strictly Come Dancing
    20:15 EastEnders
    20:45 Sherlock
    22:15 FILM: Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie
  • AllanAllan Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    In December 2012 I started the 2013 countdown thread and got a certain amount of flack! I didn't have the courage to do it again, so well done and thank you to Only_You. I will enjoy reading this through the year.

Now, a terrible confession: my first Christmas 2015 - yes, 2015 - catalogue arrived in the post yesterday! It's from Park Christmas Savings Club, which used to be called Park Hampers but now sells all sorts of things. I have never bought anything from a savings or hamper company, but it's fun to see the Cadbury's, Mars and Nestle selection boxes and, when the goods appear in the shops in September, find out if the designs are the same!

Sad? Maybe. Fun? Definitely!
  • smokeycatsmokeycat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allan wrote: »
    In December 2012 I started the 2013 countdown thread and got a certain amount of flack! I didn't have the courage to do it again, so well done and thank you to Only_You. I will enjoy reading this through the year.
    I have been speaking by PM with the winner velixa

She will be sent her prize but isn't worried about having the honour of starting the new thread for 2015.

So that honour now goes to Only_You who was 2nd out of the hat!

So really we have TWO winners!

Only_You had the honour via the RT cover competition. ;-)
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only_You wrote: »
    For a bit of fun, my prediction for Christmas 2015 ;)

17:00 Doctor Who
    18:00 EastEnders
    18:30 Still Open All Hours
    19:00 Strictly Come Dancing
    20:15 EastEnders
    22:15 FILM: Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie
    I think it will be

17:00 Animated special like Gruffalo
    17:30 Strictly come Dancing
    18:45 Eastenders
    19:45 Doctor Who
    22:15 Mrs Browns Boys xmas special
    22:50 BBC News

I think Mrs Browns Boys D'movie will be on Boxing day
  • arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hoping for some better films next year - this years line up isn't great!
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiblade wrote: »
    So pleased this is here, I feel happier going into 2015 with it in place. Loved wizzywick's quiz. Why not do one in January about this year's xmas tv?[/QUOTE]

i'd do it if nobody wants to do it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    confirmation today that Radio Times WILL increase by 20p to £2.00 from the issue out on Christmas Eve
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    confirmation today that Radio Times WILL increase by 20p to £2.00 from the issue out on Christmas Eve

Disgrace. Why is it going up in 20pences every year ? I would prefer them to either
    a) increase advertising b) get rid of the Your RT section or c) have 1 page of choices. or do all 3 if they have to.

it is a kick in the teeth for loyal readers - and does nothing to entice new or casual readers. I think i will only buy the xmas edition now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    Disgrace. Why is it going up in 20pences every year ? I would prefer them to either
    a) increase advertising b) get rid of the Your RT section or c) have 1 page of choices. or do all 3 if they have to.

it is a kick in the teeth for loyal readers - and does nothing to entice new or casual readers. I think i will only buy the xmas edition now.

I buy TV choice which is 45p a week better value the rest of the year. Still buy RT at xmas though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »

Although not the entire fault of RT it is Immediate Media who owns it - nobodys costs have increased by 50% in 3 years and if they have they should look for other ways to increase revenue than clobber the reader such as - stop paying celebrities for their views and columns we dont want to know what they think we want to know whats on TV and Radio

I suppose they think the average reader of Rt is of a higher pay bracket so can afford it

I will renew my subscription using the offer I had £17 for 13 weeks but when that goes up that will be it - 40 years of buying it week in week out over
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I think it will be

17:00 Animated special like Gruffalo
    17:30 Strictly come Dancing
    18:45 Eastenders
    22:15 Mrs Browns Boys xmas special
    22:50 BBC News

I think Mrs Browns Boys D'movie will be on Boxing day

I can't see Doctor Who and Sherlock being back to back. I also can't see Sherlock on before 9pm and Doctor Who starting as late as 7:45pm.

One things for sure Sherlock will be the main show the BBC will be bigging up next Christmas! Maybe even the idents in part will get a Sherlock themed overhaul :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LibLabCON wrote: »
    I can't see Doctor Who and Sherlock being back to back. I also can't see Sherlock on before 9pm and Doctor Who starting as late as 7:45pm.

One things for sure Sherlock will be the main show the BBC will be bigging up next Christmas! Maybe even the idents in part will get a Sherlock themed overhaul :p

I thought that due to Doctor Who and Sherlock having similar fans the BBC would cash in on this by airing them back to back. I also think due to Sherlock, this year will be the last time for a couple of years Downton Abbey airs on xmas day
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I thought that due to Doctor Who and Sherlock having similar fans the BBC would cash in on this by airing them back to back. I also think due to Sherlock, this year will be the last time for a couple of years Downton Abbey airs on xmas day

I see what you mean and if anything that would be more reason to split them up so you could have more variation in the evening of the biggest night of the year for TV.

I can see Brave or Wreck It Ralph taking the usual animation afternoon slot. Though I have a feeling Ralph will be on New Years day with series 4 of Sherlock kicking off at 9pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LibLabCON wrote: »
    I see what you mean and if anything that would be more reason to split them up so you could have more variation in the evening of the biggest night of the year for TV.

I can see Brave or Wreck It Ralph taking the usual animation afternoon slot. Though I have a feeling Ralph will be on New Years day with series 4 of Sherlock kicking off at 9pm.

Here is few possible schedules all have Sherlock and Doctor Who split up

1. With Call the Midwife and 1hr strictly

15:00 The Queen
    15:10 Brave
    16:45 BBC News
    17:00 Strictly Come Dancing
    18:00 Doctor Who
    19:00 Call the Midwife
    20:15 Eastenders
    21:15 Sherlock
    22:45 News

2. Without Call the Midwife and 1hr 15 strictly

16:45 BBC News
    17:05 Strictly Come Dancing
    18:20 Animated special
    18:50 Doctor Who
    19:50 Eastenders
    20:55 Sherlock
    22:25 Mrs brown's Boys
    23:00 news

3. both Brave and wreck it ralph airing

16:45 News
    17:00 Wreck it Ralph
    18:45 Strictly Come Dancing
    20:45 Eastenders
    21:45 Sherlock
    23:15 news

We can be sure that
    Eastenders
    Doctor who
    Sherlock
    Strictly Come Dancing
    1 film
    will air on xmas day

but Call the Midwife
    Mrs Brown
    Animated special
    could be in doubt and may be moved to Boxing Day.

By the way I love Mrs Brown and would hate to not have it on xmas day so I prefer schedule 2