Options

"...with prostitutes..."

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
They say this guy, that lord, he was being investigated on allegations of "taking drugs with prostitutes", but wot have the prostitutes to do with it ? Surely, the crime is, the indictment would be for "taking drugs", with or without prostitutes. The prostitutes should be irrelevant.

Comments

• Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police would have to prove that the powder in the video is an illegal substance, and unless they have samples from the very room the video was shot and the chain of evidence has been upheld, something I very much doubt, then the fella has nothing to fear from a legal standpoint.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have been AND :p
  • Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he'd been fiddling with kiddies he'd be safe by the hypocritical Westminster standards.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police would have to prove that the powder in the video is an illegal substance, and unless they have samples from the very room the video was shot and the chain of evidence has been upheld, something I very much doubt, then the fella has nothing to fear from a legal standpoint.

Yes, exactly. Even if he thought it was coke, it might well not have been but he didn't know (bicarb of soda? chalk dust??) so he could admit to a crime he hasn't actually committed - in theory!

Needs locking up for his own safety for being so naive that he though he'd never be subject to a sting!
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    They say this guy, that lord, he was being investigated on allegations of "taking drugs with prostitutes", but wot have the prostitutes to do with it ? Surely, the crime is, the indictment would be for "taking drugs", with or without prostitutes. The prostitutes should be irrelevant.

A lot of people think paying for prostitutes is sad and immoral, especially when you're married.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of hearing about it now.

Most of the lords and MP's will be regular users of cocaine, and probably prostitutes too.

'Politician uses cocaine' is not news.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he'd been fiddling with kiddies he'd be safe by the hypocritical Westminster standards.

Quite.

Such an undue amount of attention is being given to this story (it is literally the main story on everywhere from the BBC to Mail Online) it makes me wonder what they are trying to stop us from paying attention to.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not if you are a tabloid news editor. "Drugs" and "prostitutes" in the same story make for a better headline.
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Soliciting prostitutes is illegal too.
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soliciting prostitutes is illegal too.

Yet prostitution is not, so again I don't see what that's got to do with it.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laughed when they said 'romp' on the main news tonight.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    Yet prostitution is not, so again I don't see what that's got to do with it.

Neither is picking your nose the day after a cocaine binge. The point is, snorting coke and soliciting prostitutes are both crimes committed my Lord Sewel, which is why the newspapers reported it. Is this difficult to understand? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither is picking your nose the day after a cocaine binge. The point is, snorting coke and soliciting prostitutes are both crimes committed my Lord Sewel, which is why the newspapers reported it. Is this difficult to understand? :confused:

Well yes considering paying for sex isn't illegal. Touting in a public place is, organised (brothel) prostitution is, and curb crawling is. Though he'd done none of that had he? It's like saying he was caught doing blow with bob from KFC. It's irrelevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yes considering paying for sex isn't illegal. Touting in a public place is, organised (brothel) prostitution is, and curb crawling is. Though he'd done none of that had he? It's like saying he was caught doing blow with bob from KFC. It's irrelevant.

They weren't his roommates. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They weren't his roommates. :D

1-if any if my friends had been him and he was caught with me doing drugs, it would be the same story.

2- if he contacted them via a private site for sex he's still not breaking the law. The laws there to protect the public in public spaces, private hire isn't illegal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel I'll have to clarify organised prostitution verses private hire on a site also, organised means someone's finically taking a cut from touting out girls, like pimps. This was put in place to try and stop sex trafficking and to protect sex workers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1-if any if my friends had been him and he was caught with me doing drugs, it would be the same story.

2- if he contacted them via a private site for sex he's still not breaking the law. The laws there to protect the public in public spaces, private hire isn't illegal.

If he was having Christmas dinner with his wife and children it wouldn't be the same story either. Obviously nobody can prove that he solicited these prostitutes, and he could say they were friends of his who, like him, enjoyed snorting talcum powder of an evening. This is the reason he hasn't been arrested, but Occam's Razor would suggest he paid to have sex with them whilst high on cocaine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he was having Christmas dinner with his wife and children it wouldn't be the same story either. Obviously nobody can prove that he solicited these prostitutes, and he could say they were friends of his who, like him, enjoyed snorting talcum powder of an evening. This is the reason he hasn't been arrested, but Occam's Razor would suggest he paid to have sex with them whilst high on cocaine.

Please read my post again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please read my post again.

You mean the part where you said, "if any if my friends had been him and he was caught with me doing drugs, it would be the same story"? To be honest I found it a little confusing. Perhaps you could re-phrase it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the part where you said, "if any if my friends had been him and he was caught with me doing drugs, it would be the same story"? To be honest I found it a little confusing. Perhaps you could re-phrase it?

if any of my friends had been him and he was caught with me doing drugs, it would be the same story.

Sorry my phone hates the word of for some reason. The point is you said "they weren't his room mates". Well I've a lot of friends I hang out with not for work, had they been him and been doing drugs whilst with me it would still say "with a prostitute". Why list that job? As I said it's like saying "with KFC workers". But that wouldn't sell the story as much would it.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty old perv.He must've really pissed them off to be exposed like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if any of my friends had been him and he was caught with me doing drugs, it would be the same story.

Sorry my phone hates the word of for some reason. The point is you said "they weren't his room mates". Well I've a lot of friends I hang out with not for work, had they been him and been doing drugs whilst with me it would still say "with a prostitute". Why list that job? As I said it's like saying "with KFC workers". But that wouldn't sell the story as much would it.

Are you saying that you are a prostitute? :confused: If so, yes that would be equivalent. If not, it isn't the same thing at all.

[Edit] I think what you are trying to say is that they (the prostitutes) might have been his friends, and not there in their capacity as prostitutes. If that is what you're saying I think you're being more than a little naïve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying that you are a prostitute? :confused: If so, yes that would be equivalent. If not, it isn't the same thing at all.

Well done, you're now up to speed. Also I've no issue stating this as unlike a lot of people who struggle to find "gainful employment" I'm doing what I can not to be on benefits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Sick of hearing about it now.

Most of the lords and MP's will be regular users of cocaine, and probably prostitutes too.

'Politician uses cocaine' is not news.

I can't wait to see your evidence for this claim.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it wouldn't have the same impact and for good reason.