Options

fitting rooms... share your nightmares!!

MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
Forum Member
✭✭✭
why do fitting room's make children behave so rudely?! i work in a major womens retailers, and the amount of children between maybe 10-16 that just throw clothes on the floor and mess about in the fitting rooms in unbelievable!
though i have to say some adults are just as bad!
some people just say "oh i've left the clothes in the cubicle for you" when they walk out!

not forgetting the people who fee the need to strip off in the middle of the fitting room's despite there being cubicles with curtains available!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    When I was about 14, me and my friends went shopping in Primark. The old Primark in Cardiff was really skanky and small. We were trying on tshirts. There was only two cubicles with curtains and the rest of us had to change in front of everyone. Anyhoo, two of us were waiting for our friend inside the cubicle when this middle-aged woman came in. She was pretty smelly, which was the first thing we noticed. Then she started stripping off...and she had no underwear on...and she was trying on trousers! It was sooo gross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewwww that is pretty gross!
    in our changing rooms the worst thing is when you get people telling you there is some 'spillage' on the floor in a cubicle which is either a drink.. or some kid has just weed on the floor!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was about 14, me and my friends went shopping in Primark. The old Primark in Cardiff was really skanky and small. We were trying on tshirts. There was only two cubicles with curtains and the rest of us had to change in front of everyone. Anyhoo, two of us were waiting for our friend inside the cubicle when this middle-aged woman came in. She was pretty smelly, which was the first thing we noticed. Then she started stripping off...and she had no underwear on...and she was trying on trousers! It was sooo gross.

Ewwww!

The only problem I have with changing rooms is that they are so warm I look like a disgruntled and shiny tomato in everything I try on and I just want to get the hell out of there rather than buy anything any more. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Missjef wrote: »
    ewwww that is pretty gross!
    in our changing rooms the worst thing is when you get people telling you there is some 'spillage' on the floor in a cubicle which is either a drink.. or some kid has just weed on the floor!!

Ewwww! (although I thought you were going to say it was something worst then) ;)
    goonst wrote: »
    Ewwww!

The only problem I have with changing rooms is that they are so warm I look like a disgruntled and shiny tomato in everything I try on and I just want to get the hell out of there rather than buy anything any more. :(

Aw I know what you mean! I blame the lighting in a lot of changing rooms.

I remember once waiting for my sister in H&M and she suddenly called out for me to help her...I went to her cubicle and she was stuck trying to get a tshirt off that was too tight. It was wrapped around her head lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ewwww! (although I thought you were going to say it was something worst then) ;)

Aw I know what you mean! I blame the lighting in a lot of changing rooms.

I remember once waiting for my sister in H&M and she suddenly called out for me to help her...I went to her cubicle and she was stuck trying to get a tshirt off that was too tight. It was wrapped around her head lol.

That's my changing room nightmare! One time I had on a skirt that was tight, and I failed to locate the zip and got stuck in it. My mum was somewhere else in the shop so I had to fight with the skirt for like ten minutes, looking distinctly tomato-ish and feeling like I was in a sauna, and eventually I got it off, not without bruising and leaving red marks all over my legs first. Then I discovered it had a zip.

:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i say that 's the worse thing... people have been known to leave used nappys in the fitting rooms.. and someone had once wedged a used tampon between a chair and a mirror!!!! why oh why?! when there are toilets like 5 mins walk away!
    disgusting!

we get this slightly mad woman who comes in and is always trying to squeeeeeze into clothes that are obviously too small but always says "oh no this is too big!"... then asks members of staff to try things on to see what it looks like on them!!! - which of course we can't do due to working!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my mates found a used condom in one :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i say that 's the worse thing... people have been known to leave used nappys in the fitting rooms.. and someone had once wedged a used tampon between a chair and a mirror!!!! why oh why?! when there are toilets like 5 mins walk away!
    disgusting!

we get this slightly mad woman who comes in and is always trying to squeeeeeze into clothes that are obviously too small but always says "oh no this is too big!"... then asks members of staff to try things on to see what it looks like on them!!! - which of course we can't do due to working!!

That's disgusting, about the tampons! Bleaugh!

That woman also sounds like...well, I can imagine that encountering her would be very uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD1007 wrote: »
    One of my mates found a used condom in one :eek:

Sorry I should have picked it up on the way out....:o

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    That's disgusting, about the tampons! Bleaugh!

That woman also sounds like...well, I can imagine that encountering her would be very uncomfortable.

the worse thing is about that woman is she'll strip in the middle of the changing room then come into the little staff bit just in her underwear!! every time she comes in i seem to always be in the fitting room! every one else i work with can't stop laughing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the worse thing is about that woman is she'll strip in the middle of the changing room then come into the little staff bit just in her underwear!! every time she comes in i seem to always be in the fitting room! every one else i work with can't stop laughing!

I'm finding it hilarious just reading about her :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aargh...that's not nice. I'd just feel really, really awkward if I was in that situation. :o She sounds like she is probably slightly disturbed.
  • Options
    KittyKinsKittyKins Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when you get women opening the curtain when I'm half naked, thinking their mate or whoever is in there... ARGH, it keeps happening to me!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KittyKins wrote: »
    I hate it when you get women opening the curtain when I'm half naked, thinking their mate or whoever is in there... ARGH, it keeps happening to me!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm scared of that happening, so I hold the curtain shut while I change. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is so awkward when people strip off like that i find..
    i also hate seeing people trying to squeeze into size's that are clearly way too small but they are too stuck up to try on a bigger size! some even reply with "oh no there is no way i am trying on a size 14"!!!
  • Options
    *Liam**Liam* Posts: 4,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dressing room nightmares were me mam dragging me around shops and forcing me to try things on!!!:mad: That was the nightmare in itself!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Liam* wrote: »
    My dressing room nightmares were me mam dragging me around shops and forcing me to try things on!!!:mad: That was the nightmare in itself!

:mad:

Mine ALWAYS used to do that to me when I was about 11 and it was back to school, unpacking all the shirts in the shops and making me strip off top half IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOP to try them on :mad:
  • Options
    *Liam**Liam* Posts: 4,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TD1007 wrote: »
    :mad:

Mine ALWAYS used to do that to me when I was about 11 and it was back to school, unpacking all the shirts in the shops and making me strip off top half IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOP to try them on :mad:

I always got in to big tamtrums!!:D:D funny thing is that was only about 3 years ago!
  • Options
    Fuzzy WarblesFuzzy Warbles Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lighting in some changing rooms are terrible (that's my excuse anyway:D)
    Anyone been into a Jane Norman store? If it's anything like the one in Aberdeen, it makes you look like a flamin' pop star... all glamorous, it's great!
  • Options
    mollymoralsmollymorals Posts: 13,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one of the worst changing rooms i ever saw was in a branch of tradex, it was mixed for men and women.
    i had my daughter with me who was only approx 11 at the time, i was disgusted, as there was a bloke in the next cubicle, and were the cubicles joined, there was a huge gap, and i actually caught him looking.
    surfice to say, i immediatly came out of the cubicle, told the manager what i thought of their "mixed" changing facilities, walked out of the shop, and have never been back....it has since closed down.
    but nothing annoys me more, than going into a shop, and finding everything on the floor, so i have taught my daughter to have respect whilst in shops.
    but my most embarresing moment, has to be the time when i forgot that i was so close to the curtain, it was a cubicle that was just at the back of the shop, i bent over to try jeans on, and my bare backside was in full veiw for all to see (thank god i had clean knickers on) :o

molly xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I was trying on some trousers and a shirt at a well known clothes retailer only a few weeks ago. The deal was to hang a tag outside the chamber so to let people know that you're inside and to pull the curtain to.

There were about eight 'rooms' as it were of which seven were empty when I went in, the other had someone who was either finishing up or going in himself.

So anyway....

I went in and pulled the blue curtain shut and I began to strip, it was then that I realised that I didn't hang the tag on the outside but I wasn't concerned as mine was the only one (with the possible exception of the other guy who might have gone by then) which had the curtain pulled so any reasonably logical and intelligent moron would see and use another cubical. But oh no. The curtain came flying open as I was putting my own trousers back on.

"For f*** sake" I yelled at this woman who was holding some kind of female garment. She threw the curtain shut and then yelled at me that it was my fault as I didn't have a tag on the door, which was true, however I did have the curtain drawn which none of the other cubicals had. But even if she was confused by the mixed signals she didn't even bother to call and ask if anyone was in there.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once worked in a large department store in their Bridal shop, quite a few brides to be, used to strip naked to try a dress on, bit of a shock at first but I soon got used to it.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't go in them. I just buy and return if they don't fit.

Too many incidences of crying at being a wee, fat, sweaty muffin under the harsh lights have frightened me off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another story- I was in some shop ages ago and just happened to be walking past the changing rooms. There was some man with nothing on bent over in one of the rooms facing the wall. How did I know this? The door blew open whilst I was walking past :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    disgusting!

That's FOUL! :eek: