Shush! JASON's talking ... Zzzz

Comments

• BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't consider Jason boring, rather, fascinating in a forensic kind of way. Though being trapped in a lift with him might be taking the experiment too far.

Apparently, Mr Donovan is extremely flatulent (it was on ITT), so being stuck in a lift with him, boredom would be the least of your worries...:D
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Ferfichkin wrote: »
    Kristina probably knows how Jason comes across, but there isn't much she can do about it short of a ball gag.

Kristina could introduce a swear box, actually a Jasonisms Box. Each time Jason holds forth on the meaning of life full frontal to camera, Kristina should fine him £1,000. That way when they are eliminated Kristina will at least have the consolation of a nest egg as kind Kristina continues to support 4 relatives in Russia.

Problem solved. Good news for Jason's loyal long-suffering fans from 20 years ago. :D
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Kristina could introduce a swear box, actually a Jasonisms Box. Each time Jason holds forth on the meaning of life full frontal to camera, Kristina should fine him £1,000. That way when they are eliminated Kristina will at least have the consolation of a nest egg as kind Kristina continues to support 4 relatives in Russia.

Problem solved. Good news for Jason's loyal long-suffering fans from 20 years ago. :D

Can he also be fined £500 for contorting himself to always appear in the Tosspit behind whoever just danced? (Although, I'll whisper this, I'm actually quite impressed by how brilliant he is at getting in shots he has no business being in :eek::D)
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shefair wrote: »
    Honestly and I am not being sarcastic now I would really like to know what he has said that you find interesting. I really did think someone would have posted something by now

Oh dear :(

Well it is after all only strictly, not mastermind or question time:confused:What have any of them said that can be described as interesting?
    They all talk about the training and the competition, as far as I am aware, its just that peope dont seem to like the way in which Jason speaks....too slow apparently, not me, I lurrrve Jason, great bloke who gets on with everyone and most people who meet him say he is a great guy, a bit like Harry really...who also appears to be a lovely fella but no charisma.In fact the only one with real personality was Russell Grant.................but as a lifelong Jason supporter, I am rooting for him despite his slow speech.
    Forum Member
    SheShe wrote: »
    Why should Jason always have to be saying something interesting? What has Chelsee ever said that's interesting, come to that? Or Robbie? What does it matter? They're there to learn to dance and to deliver a competent and enjoyable routine not keep us entertained even when they're not on the dance floor.

I'm sick of the 'let's bash Jason' threads! :mad:

If it's a boring long-winded colleague in the office then he would be quietly tolerated. Jason is attracting flak because he is up there, he is looked up to as a charismatic pop idol and paid as such. He is understood to be no ordinary mortal, not just one of us down here, not like our boring colleague in the office.

If Madonna wears rollers in her hair and spouts Jasonisms to camera she too would be torn to shreds. Which is why Kylie doesn't do it. :D
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should Jason always have to be saying something interesting? What has Chelsee ever said that's interesting, come to that? Or Robbie? What does it matter? They're there to learn to dance and to deliver a competent and enjoyable routine not keep us entertained even when they're not on the dance floor.

I agree. Perhaps they need to attack because "they is scared" & jellus of the lovely Jase:D
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's certainly in my top three. He's kept trying right the way thro and I've grown to like him more. Not sure why there is a renewed attack on his character.
  • DancingQueen74DancingQueen74 Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Can he also be fined £500 for contorting himself to always appear in the Tosspit behind whoever just danced? (Although, I'll whisper this, I'm actually quite impressed by how brilliant he is at getting in shots he has no business being in :eek::D)

:DI'm glad someone else has noticed this, not just us, shouting at the screen each week! You know when he's next up to dance, as his camerahogging spot is taken by someone else (only chance they get!). And he is not happy if someone else gets in or anywhere hear his spot behind Tess- saw him giving evils to Robbie last week, and almost climbing on Audley's shoulders weeks ago!!
    AND he makes sure he is the first person out to hug whoever is leaving each week- just you watch on Sunday! Just to get in camera shot!!

[QUOTE=Apparently, Mr Donovan is extremely flatulent (it was on ITT), so being stuck in a lift with him, boredom would be the least of your worries...
    Today 19:24
    :D:D:D to this! ^^ And he's proud of it!!
    To all those who say, 'why the Jason bashing?' Answer; He is practically begging for it! And it's a bit of fun!
    A telling thing I read when the show started- his wife apparently didn't want him to do the show because she was 'worried about how he might come across'. Hmmmm.... ;)
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Somebody should tell the producer of ITT.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Somebody should tell the producer of ITT.

I think they already know! :p:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    I agree. Perhaps they need to attack because "they is scared" & jellus of the lovely Jase:D

Yes, I am scared of Jason but not in the way you probably meant. :D
  • WiskasWiskas Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KipsKaz wrote: »
    With Jason and Kristina going off the boil for the last few weeks the bashing threads had died down (no longer seen as a threat - clearly). I knew it was only a matter of time before they started to reappear - as we get closer to the final :rolleyes:

We get closer to the final, but hopefully he doesn't.
    fancynancy wrote: »
    I do wonder about his speech centres (nudge nudge wink wink). He reminds me a bit of Bez (Happy Mondays) only without the Manc accent, obviously. ;):D

Similar dance ability though.
    I don't consider Jason boring, rather, fascinating in a forensic kind of way.

So is the study of mould.
    Why should Jason always have to be saying something interesting?

Not always. Once will do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ferfichkin wrote: »
    Yes, I am scared of Jason but not in the way you probably meant. :D

This :D:D:D
    And some people accuse others of being 'jellus' because that is their only retort to someone not liking their 'fave'- and I bet they really do spell 'jellus' that way!

We get closer to the final, but hopefully he doesn't
    :D:D:D Loving your post too, Wiskas!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    well hours on now and no one can tell me one interesting thing he has said

and no its is not mastermind but it is an entertainment show and I find all the others really quite entertaining , often quickwitted , Alex, Holly and Harry, frequently able to make me laugh Robbie and Chelsee.

He is unutterably dull in his manner and content of speech and seems to have had a sense of humour bypass
    Forum Member

Can anyone tell me one interesting thing Tess had said?
    Tess is Jason in a baconfoil dress, just that Tess speaks faster.
  • Cat.JCat.J Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    Ah Diddims - poor ickle you isn't allowed to bitch - (pats your head and then unpacks the world's smallest violin and begins to play it) :rolleyes:. Of course you're allowed to voice an opinion but equally you can't get precious about if other people voice the opinion that you happen to be wrong. Some folks do seem to think the right to free speech means you have the right to be abusive without being challenged. At the risk of being as cliched as Jason - put up or shut up and yes I do practice what I preach.

Someone may have already pointed this out but there is NO SUCH THING as a right or wrong opinion. It's just an opinion. You may not agree with it but that doesn't make it wrong. Or right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me one interesting thing Tess had said?
    Tess is Jason in a baconfoil dress, just that Tess speaks faster.

it doesn't work like just because Tess is boring does not mean Jason is not
  • federerfanfedererfan Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    You know, this thread makes me laugh! I was neutral at the start, yes I liked Jason's music 20 years ago when I was 5 but I have paid no attention to him since then and have to admit that I rolled my eyes when I heard he would be in Strictly. However he has totally won me over with his hard work and the fact that despite not having natural rhythm he is able to compete in the competition at a high level - it might give me hope considering I have two left feet :D. Furthermore what has realy made me decide to support him is the vast amount of anti-Jason posts on Digital Spy. Honestly its embarassing! The more you criticise Jason (and I think criticise is an understatement) the more other people will throw in an extra vote or two. I don't know if Jason deserves to win - we'll find out soon but personally I generally think the best dancer should win and by miles that is Chelsee. However if Jason does win I won't be able to help thinking that certain threads will have been partly attributable to this.

So I'm quite willing for these threads to continue, I would be surprised if they do not play a part in where Jason finishes.

I prefer to praise my favourites rather than slag off people I don't like (note I only criticise Alesha and Bruno :D). Yes these threads are here for debate but there is debate and there is downright vitriol.

Remember Jason sometimes when you jump you can fly (into the final) :D
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But surely if Jason has bored you to tears for weeks, then no example anyone offers of him being interesting/amusing (in their eyes) is suddenly going to convince you that he is either of those things.

Take Robbie. No matter how many instances people give of him being funny, or charming or self-deprecating, I'll always finding him irritating and insincere!

It's subjective. We can't all take to the same people. And that's a good thing. Can you imagine if we did? Now that would be boring :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Just a note to those who are not happy with this thread because it's another Jason bashing thread:

If you stop posting here and creating debates the thread will fall down the list, into the 2nd page, and will eventually be forgotten. It's your posts that's keeping this thread alive!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    But surely if Jason has bored you to tears for weeks, then no example anyone offers of him being interesting/amusing (in their eyes) is suddenly going to convince you that he is either of those things.

Take Robbie. No matter how many instances people give of him being funny, or charming or self-deprecating, I'll always finding him irritating and insincere!

It's subjective. We can't all take to the same people. And that's a good thing. Can you imagine if we did? Now that would be boring :D

Just who do you think you are, coming in here being all reasonable and whatnot?! ;):D :p
  • shuddupfluffyshuddupfluffy Posts: 3,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *kiss a tramp
    *mow the lawn with a pair of scissors
    *clean out a septic tank

...sorry for the delay - I've been Christmas shopping!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

Sorry but I really disagree (and we're all allowed to like who we like, as you describe in your post!)
    I think Robbie is the about most genuine, and sincere person left in this show, and it's just a shame that some people refuse to see that! I think that the most insincere and phoney, and irritating person on the show is Jason, he has proved it enough times. I think people should realise these threads about him are a mere reflection of what many people outside the forums, are thinking of him. To federerfan, no, I don't think these boards will play a part in Jason winning/ getting to the final! They just reflect back what many are thinking, and that will play out in votes- i.e, he won't win!
    Anyone who can't see through Jason and see how big-headed he is - well, character judgement as awry somewhere!
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE JASON. A nice man and a good dancer
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but I really disagree (and we're all allowed to like who we like, as you describe in your post!)
    I think Robbie is the about most genuine, and sincere person left in this show, and it's just a shame that some people refuse to see that! I think that the most insincere and phoney, and irritating person on the show is Jason, he has proved it enough times. I think people should realise these threads about him are a mere reflection of what many people outside the forums, are thinking of him. To federerfan, no, I don't think these boards will play a part in Jason winning/ getting to the final! They just reflect back what many are thinking, and that will play out in votes- i.e, he won't win!
    Anyone who can't see through Jason and see how big-headed he is - well, character judgement as awry somewhere!

He is still there....not yet been in the bottom two, so I guess that is more of a reflection of how people outside this forum see him, he dosent have to win to be popular, Jason is popular, I have been a follower for many years, he is not big headed imo and my charachter judgement is just fine, it has served me well over many years.