Options

Why has Brian leaving been swept under the carpet?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We get a brief blurb at the start of the show that he's left for health reasons and that is it, he's not even featured in the show tonight and we haven't been shown him leaving the camp or saying goodbye to the other campers. It's all bit weird and suspicious, and when celebrities have been taken ill before they've always shown them leaving. Remember when they showed the woman who played Lynn in Eastenders having some kind of seizure in camp?

All very odd isn't it?

Comments

• Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We get a brief blurb at the start of the show that he's left for health reasons and that is it, he's not even featured in the show tonight and we haven't been shown him leaving the camp or saying goodbye to the other campers. It's all bit weird and suspicious, and when celebrities have been taken ill before they've always shown them leaving. Remember when they showed the woman who played Lynn in Eastenders having some kind of seizure in camp?

All very odd isn't it?

Has he really gone.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All very odd isn't it?

They showed Freddie Starr leaving too.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it was more of a mental issue? Wasn't he seen crying his eyes out? He's not be able to cope with it all mentally? Be interesting to see if he's interviewed tomorrow.
  • Options
    puffin1962puffin1962 Posts: 434
    Forum Member

All very odd isn't it?

Perhaps some sort of breakdown?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has suffered from Severe depression in the past.
    It was really telling apart from the mention about the immunity task that was it.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should we be told the reason? We do not have any right to know anyone elses medical problems if they do not want us to know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Perhaps it was more of a mental issue? Wasn't he seen crying his eyes out? He's not be able to cope with it all mentally? Be interesting to see if he's interviewed tomorrow.

I didn't realise he'd been crying? Must have missed that happening.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Why should we be told the reason? We do not have any right to know anyone elses medical problems if they do not want us to know

Exactly...it's none of our business.

I wish him well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think they need to stop the Rice and Beans only.
    its only serving to make people weak and unhappy they should upgrade basic rations and make winning stars (proper meals food everyone would love)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No one's demanding that we know, just pointing out that it is strange, especially as in the past they have shown people leaving. Also it is a reality show which generally involves a low amount of privacy, but obviously he's entitled not to make his exact reasons public.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    It's all very Les Dennis in BB.

He subsuquently banned all footage of him on the show from being shown so I guess Brian has just found it very, very hard and has asked to leave very discreetly.

Even stroppy Nigel Havers allowed them to film him leaving!
  • Options
    scottishmagscottishmag Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and they havent shown any of the other celebs discussing him leaving
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »
    its only serving to make people weak and unhappy they should upgrade basic rations and make winning stars (proper meals food everyone would love)

I always thought the premise of the bush tucker trial was that they were competing to win 'bush tucker' to eat - ie what people would survive on if they really were out in the bush.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member

I agree with you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martenla wrote: »
    No one's demanding that we know, just pointing out that it is strange, especially as in the past they have shown people leaving. Also it is a reality show which generally involves a low amount of privacy, but obviously he's entitled not to make his exact reasons public.

This basically. Just found it odd when other people have left on medical grounds before and it's always been shown.
  • Options
    BBKateBBKate Posts: 369
    Forum Member

agreed why do we need to know ? they can just say he is ill .
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This basically. Just found it odd when other people have left on medical grounds before and it's always been shown.

as we do not know the circumstances of his leaving, it may be because it was quite distressing whether physically or psychologically and he did not want it shown.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »

I agree - what is the point of making people live on rice and beans to such an extent that they end up feeling ill. It's one thing to 'learn' about life in the bush, it's another to push people to the edge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as we do not know the circumstances of his leaving, it may be because it was quite distressing whether physically or psychologically and he did not want it shown.

My guess would be that it's psychological - probably brought on by lack of food and boredom and I can completely understand that; not everyone can go without food for very long and he did seem to lose a fair bit of weight quite quickly.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling it must have been a mental issue. That's a bit more awkward for A & D to describe so they probably didn't
    The mood in the camp didn't seem too low did it? Hopefully it wasn't serious
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    I agree - what is the point of making people live on rice and beans to such an extent that they end up feeling ill. It's one thing to 'learn' about life in the bush, it's another to push people to the edge.

Pushing people to the edge is generally the whole point of most reality shows. And on I'm a Celeb they make the Z-listers go through as much hardship as possible in order earn their fee. I have no sympathy for them!
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was psychological reasons then they wouldn't say much about it, because if you had Ant and Dec on TV saying "Brian has left for psychological reasons" then there'd be rumours he's had a major breakdown or something, when the truth would probably be that he just found it a bit hard and didn't fancy it anymore.
  • Options
    SandyHSandyH Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all very Les Dennis in BB.

He subsuquently banned all footage of him on the show from being shown

That was Jack Dee.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »

I wish him well.

There is confidentiality so far as medical conditions are concerned. They would have needed his/or his wifes permission to divulge any details
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »

I wish him well.
    BBKate wrote: »
    agreed why do we need to know ? they can just say he is ill .

Simple answer. These 'celebrities. shouldn't go on a very public programme if no one is to know anything about them!!