Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does any one else want to see more Ben?
    Hope we see more of him next week.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    He was. Season 3.
    Ummm... I think my point went over your head. He mysteriously disappeard from America and rocked up on the island without any explanation. I'm looking for another one.
    Her shipmates were infected, just like Sayid...and they could die, just like Sayid.
    Except Sayid had no encouter with MIB and the shipmates did. And Sayid didn't subsequently try and kill his friends.
    Nah.

Hawkings calculated were the island was as seen in season 5, it's possible she passed the information on to Widmore, or Widmore got the information from her by other means.

What is your explanation for the lighthouse being destroyed?
  • MoxieMoxie Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does any one else want to see more Ben?
    Hope we see more of him next week.

Yes I was wondering where's Richard? I'm wondering if they will somehow meet up with Desmond.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange really as Sayid went from a zombie-like killer in the temple, and letting Claire attack Kate, to being a hero and trying to save the rest of the Losties.

Was he just not infected long enough to turn completely emotionless? Did his conversation with Desmond "save" him? Was he never actually infected and it was all a big game of bluff?
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    I have a feeling that it will end up in the Altverse (after everyone dies in the mainverse) with the MiB still trapped not on the Island but in Anthony Coopers body.

That's an interesting thought.....or what if Locke in the alt really wanted to kill his father by crashing his plane.
    bel110 wrote: »

It wouldn't surprise me if Lapidus comes strolling out the sea next week calm as a cucumber, [uniform intact and all!

I wonder if there is any significance in the fact that Flocke kept Jack's backpack at the end and walked off with it ... surely he doesn't need Jack's first aid kit ... or is there something more important in the backpack?

Snap!!! That's exactly what I thought.(US Pace)...I'd laugh if that actually happened.:D

Without his medical equipment Jack wouldn't be able to help treat a wounded Kate.....
  • LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blemished wrote: »
    It's strange really as Sayid went from a zombie-like killer in the temple, and letting Claire attack Kate, to being a hero and trying to save the rest of the Losties.

Was he just not infected long enough to turn completely emotionless? Did his conversation with Desmond "save" him? Was he never actually infected and it was all a big game of bluff?

I rekon that the talk with Desmond saved him. It was just like the jacob/richard chat where he asked what mib had promised him which was the same thing... to have their dead wife back. then richard and sayid were both saved and on team jacob
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ummm... I think my point went over your head. He mysteriously disappeard from America and rocked up on the island without any explanation. I'm looking for another one.

Another what?

Blemished needed a little reminder to what happened to Cooper. To which you reply "Locke's dad couldn't possibly have been brought to the island?"...which is why I replied that he had, in season 3.

Apologies if I did miss your point, but if you do have a point to make could you please make it in a way that rest of us know what youre on about?
    Except Sayid had no encouter with MIB and the shipmates did. And Sayid didn't subsequently try and kill his friends.

Both the shipmates and Sayid were under MIB's influence - the shipmates were not MIB, thus not (seemingly) indestructable like MIB.

And Sayid didnt kill his friends, he killed who MIB instructed him to kill, Dogen and Lennon. He didnt what Sayid to kill his friends because, as seen in last night's episode he had other plans for them.
    What is your explanation for the lighthouse being destroyed?

Jack being an arse.

But, yes, Jacob knew Jack had to let go of all his old baggage before he could do whatever he has to do. So he probably realised the lighthouse would suffer at the hands of a Jack tantrum. But the main goal was for Jack to let go and think about things, to get him ready for what's ahead.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cooper himself gives an explanation - he says he was driving along and was in a crash and the paramedics gave him something and he woke up on the island . (The Brig)
    there was at least 2 months between the 815 crash and Cooper being brought there so the Others had plenty of time to organise this .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that is one of the many mysteries that has the answer right there, you just need to read between the lines, or think for a bit to work it out.

The same way Desmond got to the island, drugged in the hospital by Widmore and taken there.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I reckon one of the last scenes will be
    Jacob and Smokie sat on the deserted beach staring out into the sea.

Smokie: you know, no matter how many times we play this game, we still end up here having the same conversation.

Jacob: Yeah, well you are the one insisting on playing it.

Smokie: we could always just go home, *looks up*, they must be going mad out there wondering where they are, what were up to.

Jacob: yeah we could...if thats what you really want.

Smokie: well perhaps just one more game.

Jacob: yeah, maybe just one more.

Smokie: This time i get to pick the candidates, you always get to pick them.

Jacob: I do not

Smokie: Yes you do

Jacob: Do not

Smokie: Do too

Jacob: Do n.............

*Large booming voice from the sky*: You boys stop arguing, or i'll come down there and wring both of your necks, dinners almost ready, what are you boys doing down there anyway?

Jacob/Smokie: NOTHING MOM!!!

Jacob: see that was your fault

Smokie: no it wasnt

Jacob: Was too

Smokie: Was not

Jabob: Was too

Camera pans out leaving both Smokie and Jacob wresting each other on the sand arguing about who's fault it was.
    Where do i claim my £5 please.:D

Actually, i think the first few lines may well be the direction the writers choose to go down towards the last chapter.:D
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't thoroughly enjoy the episode. But part's of it were good. Though i was suprised i didn't feel very emotional watching Jin & Sun die. I felt the scene could of lasted longer and been abit more dramatic. Also Sayid deserved a better death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Ha, I would love to see that! I'm in the thinking thou that good will out, and there will be a definitive end to the jacob/m.i.b. story. Do you think - with all the water references - that the Looking Glass could be used to trap him? It's still down there, and the wetter the better.. Plus when he got out the ocean he seemed to struggle a bit after all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they're all dead, especially as I think they have to be in the finale for the final showdown
    Forum Member
    Jack being an arse.

But, yes, Jacob knew Jack had to let go of all his old baggage before he could do whatever he has to do. So he probably realised the lighthouse would suffer at the hands of a Jack tantrum. But the main goal was for Jack to let go and think about things, to get him ready for what's ahead.

I don't recall Jack's attitude being any different after smashing the lighthouse... if anything he was more angry at everything than before. You sure it wasn't the actual smashing of the lighthouse that was important?
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

?

Sayid did have an encounter in a way ... he made a deal ... maybe that's supposed to be when the sickness really set in with him.

Personally I think the shipmates really did have the sickness, it ended up making them turn on their friends and destroying them. I was never sure how much Doggen was right when he 'diagnosed' Sayid ... I wonder whether Sayid actually went along with what Doggen said as it gave him an advantage ... as Blemished says I wonder now whether Sayid was actually bluffing MiB, playing along with him and waiting for the right time to save his friends ....

It's a similar situation with Claire ... Doggen claimed she was very sick, then she was mad. In the last few episodes she seems have to come through all that, got some sanity back and seem's rational and fairly calm ....
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't recall Jack's attitude being any different after smashing the lighthouse... if anything he was more angry at everything than before. You sure it wasn't the actual smashing of the lighthouse that was important?

I think it was both .... I agree that Jacob prob wanted the Lighthouse smashed up for some reason ....
    And also it was a major turning point for Jack. After he calmed down he had that thinking session and then he began to talk about destiny and letting things happen etc ... he was then much more open to the whole Richard bomb thing which you could say was an important factor in saving Richard and getting him back on Jacob's side too ...

Talking of the lighthouse and Widmore ... what does everyone think Widmore is up to now? His locking the candidates up because he was trying to 'help them' I think he said could be interpreted a number of ways ... and he also has a list of the candidates which must have some significance ... is he another Illana?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the subject of Frank, according to wikipedia "His fate is currently unknown" so I suppose there's a remote chance he might still be alive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't recall Jack's attitude being any different after smashing the lighthouse... if anything he was more angry at everything than before.

Jack's character is totally different to what it used to be. He is far more accepting now, he has faith. He doesnt need to fix things or take charge (which was just another way trying to fix things).
    You sure it wasn't the actual smashing of the lighthouse that was important?

The two reasons Jacob wanted Jack and Hurley to go to the Lighthouse was:

1. To get them both away from the Temple.

2. To get Jack to realise how important he is. He had to find that out for himself.
    Forum Member
    Jack's character is totally different to what it used to be. He is far more accepting now, he has faith. He doesnt need to fix things or take charge (which was just another way trying to fix things).

Yeah but.... I don't think smashing a few mirrors caused that.
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate irritated me the most in last night's episode. Would she really ignore an unconscious or possibly dead Sawyer on the beach to throw herself into Jack's arms? She didn't even ask about him. Is this triangle flipflopping again? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but.... I don't think smashing a few mirrors caused that.

lol there's a lot more going on in that scene than Jack just smashing a few mirrors.

Jack has been going through changes for a good while now. The event at the lighthouse was the thing which made made him take stock of everything. He needed it to move forward (in a way that suits Jacob's plans anyway).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gellymiss wrote: »
    Kate irritated me the most in last night's episode. Would she really ignore an unconscious or possibly dead Sawyer on the beach to throw herself into Jack's arms? She didn't even ask about him. Is this triangle flipflopping again? :rolleyes:

Yes I think she would if she just heard her friend had died, I think the concious ones were lost in grief on the beach, Hurley sobbing broke my heart.

Real thoughts on the whole thing to follow later in the weekend - i am just n bits having watched that:(
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bezmina wrote: »
    Yes I think she would if she just heard her friend had died, I think the concious ones were lost in grief on the beach, Hurley sobbing broke my heart.

(

But she hadn't found out about Jin and Sun yet...

It's just odd how she's been ignoring Jack all season and now he's suddenly nifty.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    lol there's a lot more going on in that scene than Jack just smashing a few mirrors.

Jack has been going through changes for a good while now. The event at the lighthouse was the thing which made made him take stock of everything. He needed it to move forward (in a way that suits Jacob's plans anyway).

Yes absolutely - it proved that his life off the island had been watched - that the big plan was to be brought to the island - he had no choice over that fact - it was always going to happen. Tends to concentrate the mind!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MY SOUL HAS BEEN CRUSHED. CRUSHED!

:cry:
This discussion has been closed.