The Scheme

Comments

• Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's part of me that laughs since its like Victorian times and going to see the circus freaks, and the other part that feels deeply sorry for them. There is no hope for any of them, or any of the young children.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've just watched this on Iplayer. Oh my goodness, some peoples lives.

I found it depressing but also couldn't stop watching it.
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kays story about getting sacked because the big man caught her eating a meatball had me in stitches lol.

This documentary is so depressing but its compelling viewing.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I particularly enjoyed 'Eh, that man hid said 'e'd caw'd 'um aw the Bin Laden basturts n aw that!'

'Geed um the fuh-ll whack. Cuz it's a racial.'

'Al show them aw am no a daftie when a get this tag oaf!'

(Marge Simpson on 60-a-day voice) 'IIIIITTTT'S A SIIIIIT INNNNN'

'It's me urh the blues'

Staggering to think people live like this - and also quite scary. Funny as hell 'mair urh less'.

BTW I have to express my disgust at the clearly strung-out Dana demanding that she get her own house. Since she doesn't work and is out of jail on a tag, who does she think will be paying for this, and why on earth does she think she's entitled to one!?

Equally ridiculous and so typical was the little rat-faced Annie claiming that her precious son is really a lovely boy. 'It's aw the drink' that makes him racially abuse shopkeepers. :rolleyes: That's right. Poor powerless chap was force-fed Buckfast and unconsciously launched into a violent rant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Marvin was always taking Valium shouldn't he have been nice and sedate? Instead it seemed to turn him crazy. His girlfriend saying that she'd probably get another kicking as he was on them again:confused:

Though at times I though she was on them herself, with her slow and slurred speach.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D I'm glad wee Bullet managed to escape from the madness.The only really likeable character in the whole show.I bet he still can't believe his doggy luck!.
    Pretty shocking unprovoked assault by that girl.I wonder if the Police will be interested in that particular bit of film.
    Felt sorry for the guy who didn't get the job.Being interviewed by a neighbour from his notorious past was pretty damn unlucky.Everyone deserves a second chance in life.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my! I do feel guilty laughing at this but rat faced Annie crying outside the Court like some injustice had been done really set me off.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting worried we might never see the 3rd and 4th episodes. Can't they lock the lad in for a week? :D
  • PinkStar80PinkStar80 Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the girl at the start of tonight's show (Kerry?) was on a programme I watched last year to do with prisons, can't remember the name of it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PinkStar80 wrote: »
    Think the girl at the start of tonight's show (Kerry?) was on a programme I watched last year to do with prisons, can't remember the name of it though.

:) Girls Behind Bars?.Set in Cornton Vale(near Stirling).
    It's shocking to see so many people inside with drugs problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    :) Girls Behind Bars?.Set in Cornton Vale(near Stirling).
    It's shocking to see so many people inside with drugs problems.

That was it - thank you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG at the tan! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PinkStar80 wrote: »
    That was it - thank you!

:D You're welcome.I'm not watching it tonight,watching The Shining film instead.But i'll see it later on this week.It's a fascinating documentary.Seeing 'the other side' of life.It's like being on another planet to me(and most others).:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D You're welcome.I'm not watching it tonight,watching The Shining film instead.But i'll see it later on this week.It's a fascinating documentary.Seeing 'the other side' of life.It's like being on another planet to me(and most others).:eek:

Agreed - it's been an eye opener! Enjoy when you catch up with it! :)
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night's was very depressing. I wasn't expecting to actually see someone shooting up. That wasn't one of the highlights. I knew that's how it's done but seeing it and seeing the drooling mess the guy becomes isn't pleasant. If he's watching that's got to be another reason to stay clean.

Plus the youngest boy from the other family is using and has got Kay's daughter pregnant. What a world. No future there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched last nights. It seems to be one thing after another with the families. Was very hard hitting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( Grimmest episode yet.They should follows Rents example and 'choose life'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member
    What are they saying?

I'm a Scot & I need subtitles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tribade wrote: »
    What are they saying?

HA ha I thought it was just me, i actually had to put subtitles on :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tribade wrote: »
    What are they saying?

A lot of them speak in that nasally twang so often favoured by neds.Plus i've noticed a lot of heroin addicts have that slurred speech,like they can't be arsed with the effort of speaking.
    A lot of them seem to have really bad teeth as well.Even the ones not on drugs look like they haven't seen a dentist in years.Free dental treatment for the unemployed as well.No excuses!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of them speak in that nasally twang so often favoured by neds.Plus i've noticed a lot of heroin addicts have that slurred speech,like they can't be arsed with the effort of speaking.
    A lot of them seem to have really bad teeth as well.Even the ones not on drugs look like they haven't seen a dentist in years.Free dental treatment for the unemployed as well.No excuses!.

I've seen the Cree woman (Marion is it?) in the flesh - she does have teeth missing :eek: However, I have to respect them for their efforts in reopening the community centre - although last time I was in the area (last summer or thereabouts) it was still derelict. I hope they do get it open!

In terms of their 'look', I thought it quite interesting that the blonde in the first episode who stayed with Kay was clearly a very attractive girl - until she opened her mouth ;) I imagine if she leads as bleak a life as she appeared to, it won't be too long before she joins the ranks of the toothless, nasally-voiced wrecks that the show likes to focus on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I've seen the Cree woman (Marion is it?) in the flesh - she does have teeth missing :eek: However, I have to respect them for their efforts in reopening the community centre - although last time I was in the area (last summer or thereabouts) it was still derelict. I hope they do get it open!

In terms of their 'look', I thought it quite interesting that the blonde in the first episode who stayed with Kay was clearly a very attractive girl - until she opened her mouth ;) I imagine if she leads as bleak a life as she appeared to, it won't be too long before she joins the ranks of the toothless, nasally-voiced wrecks that the show likes to focus on!

:) Yeah,the Cree is on Facebook.I like her,she takes no crap off anybody.I don't think i'd mess with her.:eek:

Yeah,there's a few of them on the show that are actually quite pretty.Marvins girlfriend for one and the wee rat boys pregnant girlfriend.Can't remember the girl who stayed with Kay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Yeah,the Cree is on Facebook.I like her,she takes no crap off anybody.I don't think i'd mess with her.:eek:

Yeah,there's a few of them on the show that are actually quite pretty.Marvins girlfriend for one and the wee rat boys pregnant girlfriend.Can't remember the girl who stayed with Kay.

Hahaha I found a whole stack of them on bebo last year when the Scheme had its burst of fame. Candiss (Kay's daughter who had the baby) was on it - I agree that she COULD have been pretty were it not for the hardness about her. Marvin's 'burd' too (Dayna) could have been pretty if she wasn't clearly best friends with smack.

Lisa was the name of the 'hot' one - long peroxide hair, always had a **** in her hand and was thrown out of Kay's house for getting into a fight with someone at a party. She had a kid, too!
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dayna is beautiful. She is properly off drugs now and has a steady home and stuff. She rallied pretty hard to stop the scheme being shown, cause she's turned her life around somethin' great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Hahaha I found a whole stack of them on bebo last year when the Scheme had its burst of fame. Candiss (Kay's daughter who had the baby) was on it - I agree that she COULD have been pretty were it not for the hardness about her. Marvin's 'burd' too (Dayna) could have been pretty if she wasn't clearly best friends with smack.

Lisa was the name of the 'hot' one - long peroxide hair, always had a **** in her hand and was thrown out of Kay's house for getting into a fight with someone at a party. She had a kid, too!

:D Ah,just googled her.Yeah,she's pretty fit.Was that her that had the nice wee boy?.
    She was laughing about her boyfriend being hit by a bottle at a party!.Nice.....:eek: