Anti-racism is a codeword apparently?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Have any of you seen these people who go on about a mantra and anti-whites and genocides etc? Can someone intelligent please explain it to me. :confused:

I went on a youtube video on and saw hundreds of comments talking about race and racism...

But when I tried to explain what racism means and why what this person was saying was a load of... well ill informed propaganda/hate speech he started accusing me of being anti-white. :confused::mad:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss it but the guy was talking about immigration and interracial marriage and why that equates to genocide. However every time I ask a serious question he ignores it and accuses me of something I don't even understand.

Someone please explain what they are all going on about unbiased/without attacking me, and hopefully without being racist (or what I consider racist anyway.)

I'll link the video if you want me to.

BTW if you are one of these 'types of people' I am referring to, please don't do what many of them did and just copy and paste an argument. Please talk to me like a fellow human being you'd meet on the street. I am fed up of reading spam (it gives you a headache). I am willing to listen to your point - as long as you talk to me properly.

I do not mean to offend anyone or create any race baiting/arguing btw. I'd just like someone to inform me what the whole thing is and why it is being said.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Those people are a few beers short of a six-pack and I wouldn't waste your time on them.

They don't bother to debate, they just set up strawmen and copy/paste a canned response.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S_Emery wrote: »
    Have any of you seen these people who go on about a mantra and anti-whites and genocides etc? Can someone intelligent please explain it to me. :confused:

I went on a youtube video on and saw hundreds of comments talking about race and racism...

But when I tried to explain what racism means and why what this person was saying was a load of... well ill informed propaganda/hate speech he started accusing me of being anti-white. :confused::mad:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss it but the guy was talking about immigration and interracial marriage and why that equates to genocide. However every time I ask a serious question he ignores it and accuses me of something I don't even understand.

Someone please explain what they are all going on about unbiased/without attacking me, and hopefully without being racist (or what I consider racist anyway.)

I'll link the video if you want me to.

BTW if you are one of these 'types of people' I am referring to, please don't do what many of them did and just copy and paste an argument. Please talk to me like a fellow human being you'd meet on the street. I am fed up of reading spam (it gives you a headache). I am willing to listen to your point - as long as you talk to me properly.

I do not mean to offend anyone or create any race baiting/arguing btw. I'd just like someone to inform me what the whole thing is and why it is being said.

Perhaps you should try the very same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the far-right fascists, they claim that being against racism is being anti-white, so standing up to racism is apparently being against the white race.

Ignore the idiots is my advice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    allaorta wrote: »
    Perhaps you should try the very same thing.

I don't know what exactly you mean? :confused:

I have tried listening to their points and was genuinely interested in what they had to say. But when I said what my understanding of what racism is - any negative attitude you have towards someone based upon race. They accused me of being anti-white because 'they were white'.

If I came across rude or something, it wasn't my intention, but it was something like 2 in the morning I posted this thread, I probably didn't come across as how I meant to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Those people are a few beers short of a six-pack and I wouldn't waste your time on them.

They don't bother to debate, they just set up strawmen and copy/paste a canned response.
    doop wrote: »
    Its the far-right fascists, they claim that being against racism is being anti-white, so standing up to racism is apparently being against the white race.

Ignore the idiots is my advice.

Thank you for your answers. I saw so many comments along the same lines I was beginning to think there was some sort of terrorist attack or something I was unaware had happened.