[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    anyone know if/when this is repeated?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    flos wrote: »
    anyone know if/when this is repeated?

I have looked on channel 47 and not found it. Yet some show's are repeated everyday :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I watched this on DVD a few months ago and couldn't believe it was real, as a opposed to a mockumentary. So many events in this bizarre story defy rational explanation and it's difficult to understand the reasoning of the family though the latter part of the documentary may help to explain their actions.
    Definately worth a watch if you like a real life mystery!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OffTheCuff wrote: »
    It is a modern version of the Martin Guerre story.

Bit spooky as this was on TV last :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fascinating documentary with only the suggested 'Changeling' conclusion missing. I'm obviously pleased that no body was found, but the only reasonable conclusion can be that Nicholas is long dead.

Frederic Bourdin is such a fascinating character that there is surely more than one film to be made of his life. Ditto the family of Nicholas Barclay, who accepted him so willingly into their lives and homes.

This really was an amazingly superb documentary amidst the dross we are usually served.
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched this.

A fascinating, but frustrating documentary. I wanted to shout at the screen.

How the hell could they be taken in!

I don't believe they necessarily killed Nicholas. And yet how the hell could they believe that Frederic was him!

As soon as it started and he was talking to the camera, I thought, whoa, how do they explain the accent!

What mother doesn't recognise her own son after only 3 years? It would be different if it was like the Ben Needham case, where he'd been missing since he was 2. But 3 years is nothing.

And what process is that where they can change the colour of someone's eyes?

Then the FBI woman warned the sister he was an impostor and she still met him at the airport and acted like nothing had happened. And the mother refusing a blood test. WTF!

That was one strange story. And what a fruitcake that guy is.

The doctor from the children's hospital and the private investigator seemed to be the only ones with any sense!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So angry :mad::mad: This is not being shown on 4OD for some unexplained reason ... yet bloody horse racing is on there from the same day :confused: What the point is that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    So angry :mad::mad: This is not being shown on 4OD for some unexplained reason ... yet bloody horse racing is on there from the same day :confused: What the point is that :rolleyes:

Admittedly, that is annoying :mad:

I do hope you get the chance to see it at some point.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who were asking if this amazing documentary is being repeated, I've just noticed that's it's on More 4 tonight at 10.20pm.