Options

Jo Frost Family Matters

Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure what to think about this one - a therapy session in front of a studio audience for parents with problems. Jo projects as much warmth as a cornetto.

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She got kids of her own yet?
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    She got kids of her own yet?

No, is it cruel of me to hope she gets a right little tearaway :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Is there no start to this woman's talents.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    No, is it cruel of me to hope she gets a right little tearaway :D

Yep...perfectly understandable though :p
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this yesterday, it felt very American, ITV are definitely moving towards that kind of programme style!
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched it, but her Supernanny show made me think people were just pretending to be dumb and not understanding why their kids were brats. Like parents who don't give their kids a bedtime routine when they're young and wonder why they won't go to sleep and are hard to get up in the morning. Durrr.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I watched yesterdays and didnt see the point of it. She didnt offer any help at all really. With the first one she just agreed with what the sister said (so why did they bother with the show?) and again with the second one the mum knew what was wrong.

The audience was a bit odd too. Just oohing a lot.

The first family it was a clear case that something was up with the child but the parents got the blame! They lived in a showhouse and liked to keep toys confined to the kids room which i think is sensible. They got shot down for it and the kids destructive behaviour was because they left ornaments around instead of toys.

If that was the case why did they have no problems with the first child? They seemed to indicate that the first child was an easy kid but the second was a nightmare. Surely if one kids good then its not a problem with the house or their parenting?
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reminds me of a bossy Head Girl. I don't think anybody can advise on kids when they don't have any themselves. When you are expecting your first child you imagine how you are going to deal with your child but all that goes out the window when you actually get home from hospital!

I wouldn't listen to a thing she says personally if I had small children. I can't believe anybody gave her a job as super nanny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible show. Reminds me of the Jeremy Kyle show somehow. I don't mind Jo Frost, she might not have children but she has more idea than some parents. Just something about that programme that does not seem right, she has no right to be raising her voice to a Mum who is clearly still suffering with pnd. That lady needs more than Jo Frost.
  • Options
    Jejade05Jejade05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I watched it today and it was about the woman with post natal depression. It took the full hour for Jo to advise her to cuddle her husband more and go out more often. But by the end, I was left wondering what happened to the woman. There is no update - even just a mention at the end of the programme would help. I would have liked to have known if Jo's advice worked for them.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like Jo Frost's new show, but I'll say this of her, no doubt she certainly knows her stuff. On the Supernanny show, all the guidance and methods she gave on parenting had huge results with better behaved kids in the long run when the parents applied it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jejade05 wrote: »
    I watched it today and it was about the woman with post natal depression. It took the full hour for Jo to advise her to cuddle her husband more and go out more often. But by the end, I was left wondering what happened to the woman. There is no update - even just a mention at the end of the programme would help. I would have liked to have known if Jo's advice worked for them.

Surely she does not think a cuddle and a meal out is the answer to this ladies pnd. I think the lady needed some proper help because she came across as still very fragile.

Jo should stick to the naughty step and helping parents in getting their children to sleep without drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jejade05 wrote: »

Yes, this I watched this instalment too. I found Jo to be really abrasive and felt bad for that poor young mum as Jo was trying to get her to open up about her 'intimacy' issues with her husband even though the girl's mother was sitting right beside her and she clearly felt embarrassed about that.

Jo's grown quite hefty since her Supernanny days....
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is such a Jeremy Kyle aspect to this IMO. On Supernanny I loved her techniques and have used them myself as I work with children who have behavioural issues. On this though, I feel like she's just exploiting the parents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazz_x wrote: »
    There is such a Jeremy Kyle aspect to this IMO. On Supernanny I loved her techniques and have used them myself as I work with children who have behavioural issues. On this though, I feel like she's just exploiting the parents.

Well, just seeing the couple on right now I get so bloody angry at these people who shout, swear and fight in front of their children and the mothers are just as bad as the fathers.
    The mother says 'I just want him to be a dad' and yet she is as poor an example as he is. Both need bitch-slapped in my opinion. Just no need at all to behave like this, no wonder the kids develop problems.
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, just seeing the couple on right now I get so bloody angry at these people who shout, swear and fight in front of their children and the mothers are just as bad as the fathers.
    The mother says 'I just want him to be a dad' and yet she is as poor an example as he is. Both need bitch-slapped in my opinion. Just no need at all to behave like this, no wonder the kids develop problems.

Totally agree with you. I'm so close to screaming at the tv!
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just dipped into this today. What a thoroughly depressing show. Im very uncomfortable with the poor kids participating especially as there doesn't seem to be a tangible and satisfactory end product to compensate for using them in footage. Id also question the motive of the parents freely laying themselves bare in this way with God knows what consequences or impact on their children. You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to see how the poor behaviour shown by the kids is a mere reflection of that of their Mum and Dad. I hope those involved are getting marriage guidance away from the glare of this stark exposure.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mum looked very smug - and I saw massive amounts of shaming being aimed at the dad.

I'd point them both to this site.. http://marriedmansexlife.com/
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Just switched on plus one, whats up with this couple?

Andy and terri? Are the three kids his or just one? They keep focusing on one.

Edit blimey he lives near me! And no way would she walk from kings lynn to suffolk! Yet expects him to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Just switched on plus one, whats up with this couple?

Andy and terri? Are the three kids his or just one? They keep focusing on one.

Edit blimey he lives near me! And no way would she walk from kings lynn to suffolk! Yet expects him to.

Like he said, she wont even walk to the local shop :D.

It is always the dads who get the shaming, it seems that when the mother is the custodial parent she gets free rein to point the finger. Sometimes I think give the kids to the dads, I know a lot of single dads and they do a brilliant job.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like he said, she wont even walk to the local shop :D.

It is always the dads who get the shaming, it seems that when the mother is the custodial parent she gets free rein to point the finger. Sometimes I think give the kids to the dads, I know a lot of single dads and they do a brilliant job.
    There's also the loaded gun given to her by the state at marriage... aimed at his head.

She doesn't like it - she blows up the marriage. Only she and Jo beat the dad down so far - say hi to James Dean/Jeremy Kyle in 10 yrs...
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    She reminds me of a bossy Head Girl. I don't think anybody can advise on kids when they don't have any themselves. When you are expecting your first child you imagine how you are going to deal with your child but all that goes out the window when you actually get home from hospital!

I wouldn't listen to a thing she says personally if I had small children. I can't believe anybody gave her a job as super nanny.

I just came on to say what you have said. Just watched some of it now and what does she know about children and relationships :confused:

She is not married, no children and lives with her dad from what I remember.

What a waste of money this show is.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazz_x wrote: »

I think the same people are responsible for this as the Jeremy Kyle show. It was heavily plugged on his FB page for weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I just came on to say what you have said. Just watched some of it now and what does she know about children and relationships :confused:

She is not married, no children and lives with her dad from what I remember.

What a waste of money this show is.

She is engaged and lives with her partner in USA. She might not have children but she seems to have more knowledge about them than some parents do.

Programme is crap though.
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Agree that the programme is crap. I'm finding it incredibly dull. Much preferred the format of Super Nanny.