Dragon's Den

Comments

• myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duncan declares he doesn't care about prices - well, he wouldn't, would he! And you can tell he doesn't think the rest of us care because of the prices he charges for his flipping spas!
    I've just caught up with this and was watching this episode this morning. As you said, Duncan doesn't have to worry about the price! Plus there has been a few people who has taken to going abroad to have surgery there instead of the UK due to the price and offer of luxury surroundings to relax in before the surgery.
    I think he's right. I considered getting my eyes done and the first thing I did was ask someone I knew who had theirs done who they used and how they've found their eyes since the op. Price hadn't even entered by head at that point. Yes if the person came back and said £25,000 per eye then i'd not get them done at that surgery.. but I don't think price is ever the only consideration when it comes to something as important as eye sight.
    Some people don't have the same high regard for their eyesight: Op to change eye colour and Op to put metal heart on eye.I reckon they did it for the cheap price as well as the promised after-look.
    DM Andy wrote: »
    For once there's decent competition in the Den. Ever since James Caan left it's been too cosy without the Dragon's undercutting each other and generally colluding in taking too much equity from the entrepreneurs. Now Kelly and Piers have mixed things up a bit.
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Must admit I was watching and muttering to myself for him to take the offer from Kelly and Piers. The smugness and greediness of the elder dragons really gets my goat, when they refuse to budge on huge percentages of people's business.
    Kinda agree with you both. As much as I also don't know why there was that much fuss about the toy backpack thing, I had hoped the inventor had taken Piers and Kelly's offer than Peter and Debra's. I was pleased for the update that he rejected the accepted offer soon after. ;-)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duncan's out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2685181/Im-says-Bannatyne-Dragon-No-nonsense-health-club-boss-quits-12-series.html

Next series will be his last. Think we saw it coming really but still a shame. Leaves Peter as the only original Dragon.
  • sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncan's out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2685181/Im-says-Bannatyne-Dragon-No-nonsense-health-club-boss-quits-12-series.html

Next series will be his last. Think we saw it coming really but still a shame. Leaves Peter as the only original Dragon.

And good riddance to the miserable sod. As my one-time employer Richard Branson used to tell us - "Business should be fun". Peter Jones made the odd investment for a laugh. You couldn't imagine Bannatyne doing that, although the whole point of being rich surely is that you can splash it around a bit. Otherwise what's the point?
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that DD was for someone with a great idea but no money, I know they do deals based on that sometimes but it feels like most of the time without three years worth of accounts that show massive profits, they don't go for it.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be worth watching it without Duncan.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Ah gutted! He was definitely a grumpy sod but I from time to time I did enjoy his put downs. I'm going to miss his accent too!
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been the same since James Caan and Theo left. Not watched a single show since Theo left.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dragons Den is a tired old show now that has had a fair few years.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stopped watching this a while ago now, it's just too samey.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I've stopped watching this a while ago now, it's just too samey.

Yes, for me it's long since jumped the shark (tank). Not nearly enough wacky inventions like in the early years, nowadays it's just all boring things like franchised cleaning companies.
  • ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the new series begins on Sunday, with the same line up of Dragons. Shame that Duncan is still hanging around, probably just there for the money nowadays (no pun intended).
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clackers wrote: »
    Well the new series begins on Sunday, with the same line up of Dragons. Shame that Duncan is still hanging around, probably just there for the money nowadays (no pun intended).

Good news for you...
    Duncan's out:

• BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Evening all.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Evening all.

I miss Theo and his kid's inheritance :(
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how Peter was blatantly trying to get her to cry.
    Forum Member
    Peter...you b@st@rd. You led them to believe you were going to make an offer :o
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    this is more like the x-factor these days
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    I miss Theo and his kid's inheritance :(

And his reference to Mrs P.

Miss him too. He was my favourite Dragon.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this back on for a new series?!

Haven't read anything the new series in any of the newspapers or even seen ads on the BBC for this!

They kept this quiet!

Bet viewing figures will be poor.
    Forum Member
    No patent on those shoes, I bet.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Is this back on for a new series?!

Haven't read anything the new series in any of the newspapers or even seen ads on the BBC for this!

They kept this quiet!

Bet viewing figures will be poor.

Starting at half past an hour (rather than the usual 8pm/9pm start) is annoying too.
    Forum Member
    She was more than a match for the Dragons.
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Evan Davis's commentary is as irritating as ever *sigh*
    Forum Member
    Smint wrote: »
    I see Evan Davis's commentary is as irritating as ever *sigh*

His Mum records those bits on her VCR :p
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic Dragons' Den error. Demonstrate a website

http://frameagain.com/

...and it gives a "Error establishing a database connection"

Anyway, Photobox do it now: http://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/prints/framed-prints and any other online print shop could do it quickly.