Options

How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• Options
    Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but just a heads up that OPI Shatter nail polishes have been spotted for sale in Poundland. I managed to get three different colours this morning; black, metallic purple, green. Couldn't resist at that price.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/opi-shatter-nail-varnish-1-various-colours-available-poundland-1604895

http://www.raspberrykiss.co.uk/2013/07/opi-polishes-in-poundland.html
    I really like the confetti ones! Disappointed in the sequins :(

I bought some of the Barry M confetti last week and I'm loving them! I didn't like the idea of the feathery look, but they're actually lovely.

Still hating the Barry M sequins though, one of the blog reviews I read described them as looking like clown vomit!
  • Options
    chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    I've never got on with Seche vite, I always seem to get shrinkage and then lots of chips, I use Sally hansen inst-dri when in a hurry or the china glaze no chip top coat.

I use OPI nail envy as a base coat, have never bothered with specific base coats and don't get too much staining, the pay off is that they do grow quite strong and rarely break, when I first started growing them after years of nibbling them to stubbies they were very soft and flakey, not anymore :)

Where do you get the sally hansen insta dry from, I really struggled to find it recently, the only place I could get the varnish from was feelunique.com, Ive seen the drops and dont know if they are any good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    my nails are slightly growing now :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where do you get the sally hansen insta dry from, I really struggled to find it recently, the only place I could get the varnish from was feelunique.com, Ive seen the drops and dont know if they are any good?

i got a sally hansen one today from Poundland .. a grey colour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my nails are growing nicely now..well started to grow ..bit of a nail biter , but i let them grow before but bited them all :D Bought that clear varnish to put on them, and sorted out my cuticles as they were in a bit of mess :eek:
  • Options
    StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know a good nail varnish remover brand?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boots own 'essentials' nail varnish remover is my absolute fave. Works better than the branded ones in my opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm planning on going down to boots today to get some. I might buy the boots own brand.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to give nail art a go, so been steadily purchasing nail polish online, its like a dirty secret but I love it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    igot some nail varnish remover from poundland,and does what supposed to do lol..my nails are growing well now..am bit of a nail biter but doing well :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Hello, I am Sally Magpie, saw my site mentioned in this thread and thought I would give you guys a wave. Glad you are loving the polishes xxx
  • Options
    moogiechompymoogiechompy Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a big wave back, I love piCture pOlish and you are my go to site for them :D
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OOooh hello Sally Magpie! I LOVE you and your shop!

I'm feeling a total lack of nail inspiration recently - I posted once on my blog last weekend and have had zero ideas since then. I just painted my nails today for the first time in a week, but they look boring and I can't be bothered to post them. And yesterday I went shopping and looked at nail varnish and didn't see a single one that was interesting enough to buy! I think I may be broken!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my nails...which i used to bite down to the stump..let them grow once and bitten them all again..:o, so now i have willpower again :D

http://i40.tinypic.com/2j49253. left hand

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uikety. right hand........like smarties :D
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid - second photo, what's the polish on your index finger? x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Orangemaid - second photo, what's the polish on your index finger? x

from Poundland and its a pinky colour, sally hensen, colour is lavender envy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's lovely :) x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barry M nail varnish is now buy one get another half price from Boots
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been watching videos on you tube about nail art techniques, so bought a few colours, and tools and really looking forward to it. Hope they turn out ok. I now have a fair collection of nail colours too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wOWO WHAT AN EASY WAY TO PUT THAT STUNNING NAIL POLISH.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H7AAl_BjeEE

I love this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I've just been watching videos on you tube about nail art techniques, so bought a few colours, and tools and really looking forward to it. Hope they turn out ok. I now have a fair collection of nail colours too

oohh you'll have to post a piccy so we can see :) sounds good
  • Options
    Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Goodness me, how many comments can be made about nail varnish remover!? LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Goodness me, how many comments can be made about nail varnish remover!? LOL

i got poundlands one, its good lol
  • Options
    Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StaceySky wrote: »
    Barry M nail varnish is now buy one get another half price from Boots

...and did I take advantage of that this week.:o

I bought a couple of the confetti effects but it has taken me near enough half an hour to remove it this morning, I had to use a flannel. Any tips would be greatly received.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got alternate nails of barry m silver foil and lilac foil, all topped off with the original black shatter polish :)