Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh whats Peter been up to?

Rapper Talib Kweli says Peter Andre stole his verse for new album

http://www.nme.com/news/talib-kweli/66671

Has Andre credited Taliban Kweli for the song?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that a deliberate typo? :eek:
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Taliban Betty? I adore your typo's:D

I don't know if Pete has credited him and I won't be buying the album to find out.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Is that a deliberate typo? :eek:

Oops predictive text on iPad :o:o
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taliban Betty? I adore your typo's:D

I don't know if Pete has credited him and I won't be buying the album to find out.:D

you might want to buy it to see your name on the cover..didnt he promise to list each persons name if they pre-ordered his next CD, well....I picked a few names out of a hat and ordered the following:
    Lexi
    Blondie
    Betty
    Essex Angel
    Goaty...to name a few:p:D
  • Options
    Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taliban Kewli lol. That really made me laugh :) I don't think he has much "celeb" life left he must be on his last legs by now. I don't believe his album will sell well whoever he puts on it or however much he sells his children or brings them on stage at his concerts. He is and always has been an odious little creep. He got away with it for so long as so many people disliked Katie Price and were happy to jump on the bandwagon. Thank goodness that bandwagon of sympathy has lot it's wheels. Cannot be much longer before we lose Peter from the weekly rags hopefully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh whats Peter been up to?

Rapper Talib Kweli says Peter Andre stole his verse for new album

http://www.nme.com/news/talib-kweli/66671

next weeks column:

There was a funny thing that happened last week. Talib joked that I stole a verse. We all had a laugh at this. It is not true. I would never do such a thing. I am a successful songwriter and can write hit after hit on my own.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    you might want to buy it to see your name on the cover..didnt he promise to list each persons name if they pre-ordered his next CD, well....I picked a few names out of a hat and ordered the following:
    Lexi
    Blondie
    Betty
    cazzz

Fixed it for you. :D Legs it PDQ whoosh
  • Options
    ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would appear that Peter Andre hasn't got permission to use this verse from Talib Kweli's song and use it in his own song.

The strange thing is PA has used "feat Talib Kweli" after the song title PA has used.

http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/talib-kweli-denies-peter-andre-collaboration-they-took-my-verse-w-out-permission/052184

http://www.thebeatchattanooga.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104655&article=10500760

"American rapper Talib Kweli has revealed that he did not give permission for one of his verses to be used on a track on Peter Andre’s ninth album, Angels & Demons.

The tracklist for the record includes a 'feature' from Kweli on the song Fly Away, in addition to collaborations with the late Bee Gee Robin Gibb and a cameo from So Solid Crew’s Lisa Maffia.

The verse in question appears to be lifted from a track bearing the same title that appears on Attack The Block, a mixtape Kweli made with DJ/producer Z-Trip that was released in September"

Some of the tweets are rather interesting though.....

"@TalibKweli How somebody tell you you on an album you never recorded on? then when you hit they mgr he like "what, we gave u publishing!" lol"

"@TalibKweli I harbored no ill will towards @mrpeterandre had he simply reached out I may have even done a song. I'm not a snob. But...."

"@TalibKweli That ain't happen. I reached out to @mrpeterandre ppl to resolve this before I went public & they response was disrespectful. #sohereweare"

......."Andre and his team are yet to issue a public response"
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    next weeks column:

There was a funny thing that happened last week. Talib joked that I stole a verse. We all had a laugh at this. It is not true. I would never do such a thing. I am a successful songwriter and can write hit after hit on my own.

Thing is, I can just imagine him coming out with that sort of crap.

Hopefully, Talib has enough integrity not to allow the bribe of a visit to Chez DOTY for a BBQ (filmed for the latest ITV2 series obviously) and a chance to do the moonwalk with Junior to mean he suddenly remembers he did sit and write a song with Pete afterall
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Lexi
    Blondie
    Betty
    Essex Angel

Noo!!!!!!

My Goaty got featured in film Dredd 3D three times! And that's it! Nooooo not PA! not the Orange ****! :eek:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    next weeks column:

:D:D I read that in Pete's voice. All that's missing is 'C'mon guys...'

@Betty - loved the 'Taliban'! :D

I'm sure I read somewhere that Pete said he's been totally hands-on with this album and was there at every step blah blah blah - so he can't come the old 'I didn't know' cobblers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Thing is, I can just imagine him coming out with that sort of crap.

Hopefully, Talib has enough integrity not to allow the bribe of a visit to Chez DOTY for a BBQ (filmed for the latest ITV2 series obviously) and a chance to do the moonwalk with Junior to mean he suddenly remembers he did sit and write a song with Pete afterall

I think it might be more along the lines of

"Guys there was some nonsense written about me stealing music from a guy I've been working in LA with the talented Talib a good friend of mine. There was some confusion as his management didn't think he had been credited but its all sorted and I will be seeing him soon!":D

PS. Sorry should there be a kitty going on who gets closest to what is actually printed next week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might be more along the lines of

"Guys there was some nonsense written about me stealing music from a guy I've been working in LA with the talented Talib a good friend of mine. There was some confusion as his management didn't think he had been credited but its all sorted and I will be seeing him soon!":D

ok own up...you MUST be Gemma or Claire - the ones who really writes his column. You're busted:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok own up...you MUST be Gemma or Claire - the ones who really writes his column. You're busted:D

:D Hi my names Michelle I'm a ghost writer at NEW;)
  • Options
    nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.peterandre.com/instore-signings-for-angels-demons/

You lucky lucky people can get a cd signed by the man himself!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Talib will now be known as Taliban in the Andre camp from now on ..