Cheating footballers...

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Former England captain Bryan Robson had an affair with someone off of Sky Sports

Another former England captain is supposed to be well known for putting it about but the media seem happy to not mention it and allow him to keep his Mr Nice Guy image intact
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Former England captain Bryan Robson had an affair with someone off of Sky Sports

Another former England captain is supposed to be well known for putting it about but the media seem happy to not mention it and allow him to keep his Mr Nice Guy image intact

Don't believe it!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    I kind of always believed Becks' "cheating" was just a publicity stunt from both sides. He seems to be terrified of losing Posh and it looks to me like he is completely under her thumb.

Re Pirlo... I guess it's because the divorce was such a surprise? They always looked like a very happy family. Some of the best-looking Italian footballers have been married for decades and give the impression of being totally scandal-free (with Bufon being the exception of course). Fabio Cannavaro and Paolo Maldini are two examples... so squeaky clean... or are those just appearances? (Or have I missed some scandalous rumours? :blush: )

That doesn't mean he didn't cheat though. A cheater can easily be terrified of losing their partner when they're having an affair.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Rush hasn't played footie for a long long time...

I'm more surprised we haven't had a scandal where 3+ women haven't accused the same player of being their baby daddy. There hasn't been a juicy scandal since Giggs-gate.

I have to admit Rooney granny-gate makes me laugh...
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    That doesn't mean he didn't cheat though. A cheater can easily be terrified of losing their partner when they're having an affair.

The fact he didn't sue Loos for disclosing the 'affair' is enough for me to believe he did do the dirty on Posh.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jermaine Defoe cheated on Alexandra Burke with a Peter Kay lookalike. Sometimes I think they just do it because they think they can get away with it.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Wesley Sneijder (Dutch player, played for Ajax, Real Madrid and is currenly playing at Turkish team Galatasaray ) cheated on his then-girlfriend and mother to his son with the women he's now married to.

Rafael van der Vaart (Dutch player, played for Hamburg, Real Madrid, Spurs and is currently playing for Hamburg again) may or may not have cheated on his then-wife. He's now in a relationship with her former best friend.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Jermaine Defoe cheated on Alexandra Burke with a Peter Kay lookalike. Sometimes I think they just do it because they think they can get away with it.

He's got plenty of form.
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Clare Tomlinson, who was working for the FA at the time when Robson was part of Terry Venables' coaching staff during TV's tenure as England manager.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok... having mentioned the seemingly squeaky clean beautiful Italians, I have discovered (old) reports of Paolo Maldini's public displays of affection with Michelle Hunziger and Fabio Cannavaro's date nights with Monica Bellucci. :eek:
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Rafael van der Vaart (Dutch player, played for Hamburg, Real Madrid, Spurs and is currently playing for Hamburg again) may or may not have cheated on his then-wife. He's now in a relationship with her former best friend.

And she is the ex-wife of fellow Dutch player Khalid Boulahrouz
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have this theory about the cheating footballer syndrome. Apart from the fact that the are spoilt brats who think they can do what they want.

I think they believe what everyone else believes...that their wives are with them for the money/celebrity and so they test them.

The ones that stay, are kind of proving the theory. The ones that leave are then the ones that got away.

Obviously this doesn't work with Posh, but it does for most of the others.
  • couscouscouscous Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this theory about the cheating footballer syndrome. Apart from the fact that the are spoilt brats who think they can do what they want.

I think they believe what everyone else believes...that their wives are with them for the money/celebrity and so they test them.

The ones that stay, are kind of proving the theory. The ones that leave are then the ones that got away.

Obviously this doesn't work with Posh, but it does for most of the others.

I agree,after all Peter Crouch always said he would be a virgin if he wasn't a footballer.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just the players (as someone commented a while back) the managers are at it too.

There has been lots of rumours and conjuncture about the manager of my team. I am North London and not the shitty part or shitty team :D:)
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie Redknapp is one of the worst for cheating apparently.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just the players (as someone commented a while back) the managers are at it too.

There has been lots of rumours and conjuncture about the manager of my team. I am North London and not the shitty part or shitty team :D:)

If you hadn't said North, I would have thought you lived in Chelsea :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact he didn't sue Loos for disclosing the 'affair' is enough for me to believe he did do the dirty on Posh.

Yeah, that was very telling indeed.
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Rush hasn't played footie for a long long time...

I'm more surprised we haven't had a scandal where 3+ women haven't accused the same player of being their baby daddy. There hasn't been a juicy scandal since Giggs-gate.

I have to admit Rooney granny-gate makes me laugh...

I think this happened to Gabi Agbonlahor a few years back... :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there'll be quite a few footballers out there who'll have used their money to get a super-injunction to keept their dirty little secret/s hidden.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »

Nooo!! :(:( Please tell me this one isnt true - How could anyone cheat on the lovely Louise, she's like a perfect little doll and very likeable on Sunday Brunch having a banter with the lads. (dont profess to being a fan of her music though)

What is the source of the rumour?
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody cheating footballers, always diving in the box, on and off the pitch.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Nooo!! :(:( Please tell me this one isnt true - How could anyone cheat on the lovely Louise, she's like a perfect little doll and very likeable on Sunday Brunch having a banter with the lads. (dont profess to being a fan of her music though)

What is the source of the rumour?

A very prominent lawyer told my friend (his wife) that Redknapp was among the most prolific for injunctions keeping a number of affairs secret. I think Louise might know but not too sure...lawyer said they were keen to protect the wholesome family image they have constructed, as they get a lot of their current work that way. I was shocked too....totally fell for the charade.
  • Phoenix86Phoenix86 Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Didn't Thierry Henry cheat on his (now ex) wife with a makeup artist?

Also, Brazilian Ronaldo's adventures with transvestites after a row with his girlfriend.

The Dutch international, Robin van Persie, was once accused of rape by a woman. The charges were dropped but he admitted to having consensual sex with her. His wife stayed with him. Thus began a string of rape-related taunts from opposition fans during matches.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    *Cadhla* wrote: »

Really? When I worked in PR (including covering various football clubs at the time), his name never came up. He is stunningly attractive in the flesh too. John Terry on the other hand, every month they did damage limitation on him. There is not one honest bone in that man's body.

I think a lot more footballers than we realise are faithful, but that never makes the news I guess.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it's who I think you are referring to, there were some very scurrilous rumours about him when he first arrived were there not? I think it was nonsense. Whether he has since engaged in some extramarital stuff, I couldn't say. However he's been quite open when asked about this sort of stuff (in relation to sexy Sven I think) about how on the continent it's no big deal, every man has a mistress etc. He also talked about how it was not arrogant for him to believe he had the best team as every man thinks he has the most beautiful wife at home. Or not in his case?