Ash has just coasted his way through

MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
Forum Member
Total lame housemate, has offered nothing all series, would be a shame if he made the final!

Comments

• Helen567Helen567 Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I don't dislike him but don't think he deserves a place in the final.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was plotted against and survived by someone with a (failed) evil genius masterplan to get rid of him.....if anyone has coasted it's Winston.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    We should have got him out when we had the chance against Toya and Matthew. Apparently it was really close between him and Matthew on who got evicted that week.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitching his star to Helen's wagon has proved very helpful
    She has had the easiest ride and he has been protected
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he has sat back with feet his up, laughing at whatever is going on. BORING!! He is STILL guilty by association in my book! He would redeem himself if he made an effort with one of the outsiders.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect he's the type that has coasted through life in general.
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    He's been up for eviction several times.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are singling out Ash for this?:o
    With Winston sitting next to him?

How has he "coasted" when there has been a hate campaign against him from Ashleigh that went on for weeks and him being close to the most hated HM?
    He's up for the tasks, enthusiastic, tries his best, you need HM like Ash to lift the house.

He's a nice, laid back man, that is all.
    It's pretty obvious that what we see is what we get from the task where he had to pretend to be angry.
    Nobody believed he was angry in the house.:D
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We always have at least 1 dullard in the final, this year the award goes to Ash
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toasty wrote: »
    Yes, he has sat back with feet his up, laughing at whatever is going on. BORING!! He is STILL guilty by association in my book! He would redeem himself if he made an effort with one of the outsiders.

Who are the outsiders?
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »

Exactly--his 'dream' is to play James Bond but he couldn't even be arsed to feign 'Anger' for an hour for a BB task. That'd be OK if he hadn't kept showing his innate nastiness through the series by disrespecting those less beautiful than himself and only laughing at others' pain or discomfiture. Being wedged up Helen's bottom is the least of his obnoxiousness.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly--his 'dream' is to play James Bond but he couldn't even be arsed to feign 'Anger' for an hour for a BB task. That'd be OK if he hadn't kept showing his innate nastiness through the series by disrespecting those less beautiful than himself and only laughing at others' pain or discomfiture. Being wedged up Helen's bottom is the least of his obnoxiousness.

They should have given him that task pre-boos, then we would have seen an effort!

To be fair was pretty smart of him to 'choose' not to do it as he knows how H/Ls can be mucked about with.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but he's hardly coasted his way through...he's been up for eviction most weeks.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Ash seems pretty laid back but he was been up for eviction (4 or 5 times?).

Helen has had the easiest ride imo, closely followed by Mark and Winston.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but he's hardly coasted his way through...he's been up for eviction most weeks.
    He's only actually been up for eviction 3 times 4 if you count when the newbies had to pick .
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We always have at least 1 dullard in the final, this year the award goes to Ash

Probably be two this time then what with Mr. Universe ( Winston ) as well
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was plotted against and survived by someone with a (failed) evil genius masterplan to get rid of him.....if anyone has coasted it's Winston.

Exactly.

Winston hasn't been tested at all.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I do find it perplexing that many FMs rant about people like Chris, Christopher and Matthew
    being "boring" but I haven't seen anything even mildly interesting about Ash, Winston or Marlon.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are singling out Ash for this?:o
    With Winston sitting next to him?

How has he "coasted" when there has been a hate campaign against him from Ashleigh that went on for weeks and him being close to the most hated HM?
    He's up for the tasks, enthusiastic, tries his best, you need HM like Ash to lift the house.

He's a nice, laid back man, that is all.
    It's pretty obvious that what we see is what we get from the task where he had to pretend to be angry.
    Nobody believed he was angry in the house.:D

Also correct.

I'm not a fan of his, be he is one HM that cannot be accused of 'coasting'.

It's amazing how quickly some people forget things.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    The only person who has faced eviction more times than him is Christopher. That's the exact opposite of "coasting".
  • Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing how quickly some people forget things.
    I think the opposite is the case & that those who don't like him remember his attitude early on in the series where he came across as having a right of passage to the final purely because he sat with Helen & Co drinking & bitching, calling people slugs & maggots.

He has redeemed himself considerably in the meantime imo, but I don't think you can accuse people of quickly forgetting things as regards Ash's behaviour, as as far as I can see it's a case of people not forgetting things.

Sometimes no matter what a HM does the damage is already done & people don't forget.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »

Has never done a days graft apparently!

coasted through with his slippers and cigar on :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Ash is interesting as he has probably changed the most.
    Those first few weeks he took being nominated badly. Sat on the sofa with his cronies making snide comments about the other hms. The viewers hated him and he got booed.

During girl power week he said he really wanted to be saved so he could have a couple of weeks to turn it around. He wasn't saved but that is when he started taking being nominated with a better attitude and his snide comments went away.

He has had it easier because he was lucky enough to make some loyal friends in there and he has intimidating Helen as his strongest ally. I can't really fault him for that.

I like the guy we see now but I am not sure if I want to cheer him for excellent game playing or boo him for trying to trick me.
    Maybe he isn't trying to trick me now and the first few weeks were him showing his insecurities.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't Ash has coasted his way through, he's been up for eviction several times, and has survived even though he was favourite to leave. He must have done stuff in the house to be a favourite to leave as well, I think he is being a lot nicer now than in the first few weeks, although I'm still not really a fan. I'd say others in the house have done less than Ash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Ash has coasted through, bringing very little to the house. Maybe when he was up for eviction we had bigger fish to fry so got them out instead of him - I really cant remember who he was up against.