David Tennant Voted Sexiest Male On TV?

2»

Comments

• AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he's unattractive by any means. I would even say that in real life he probably comes across as a handsome man (In a pointy angular face kind of way).
    But, most people are aware of him from how he is in Doctor Who.
    Again, I don't think he's ugly by any means, but SEXY???
    Can you imagine him on top of you in Doctor Who mode leering down at you pulling those wacky cartoonish faces he does on Doctor Who, extreme angry face, extreme happy face, extreme shocked face etc.?
    Then when it's all finished he says 'Ho Yes' in the way he does on the show.

I think the 'sexiness' is probably more down to him being off the telly in a popular show.
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Noooooo, he's not bad looking or unsexy by any accounts but he's not THE sexiest IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he's unattractive by any means. I would even say that in real life he probably comes across as a handsome man (In a pointy angular face kind of way).
    Can you imagine him on top of you in Doctor Who mode leering down at you pulling those wacky cartoonish faces he does on Doctor Who, extreme angry face, extreme happy face, extreme shocked face etc.?
    Then when it's all finished he says 'Ho Yes' in the way he does on the show.

I think the 'sexiness' is probably more down to him being off the telly in a popular show.

Think I quite like him now, :o
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wentworth Miller, 35, who plays Michael Scofield in Prison Break, was voted second sexiest male.

In third place was Josh Holloway, 38, who plays Sawyer in Lost

Lovely
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jemima69 wrote: »
    Think I quite like him now, :o

Ooh. I think you should keep that in there (taps side of head with index finger).:o:D

:)
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is chronically unsexy - I can't bear those silly panto expressions he pulls on Doctor Who. :sleep:
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Lush_Lola wrote: »
    WTF some women have no taste. what the hell is sexy about him? someone tell me cos i can't see it.

Me neither. He looks like a chicken.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Me neither. He looks like a chicken.

:D:D

Couldn't have put it better meself!!
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Sexiest Male??????

I think some people need an appointment at Specsavers:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Doctor is definitely the sexiest male character on TV! And I think that DT is the sexiest man, full stop!:D
  • odie30odie30 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david is the sexiest man in the universe he is gorgous, kind, confident and just breathes sex I LOVE HIM. those who doubt should wacth blackpool OMG he is hot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Oooh yes, I've always had a bit of a thing for him since he was in Casanova ;) Tho' my gran says he looks like a good fish supper would kill him :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    odie30 wrote: »
    david is the sexiest man in the universe he is gorgous, kind, confident and just breathes sex I LOVE HIM. those who doubt should wacth blackpool OMG he is hot

David is that you?:eek::p
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,666
    Forum Member
    Don't really like skinny guys but will make an exception for DT, he's lovely - maybe it's the Doctor thing although I liked him in other stuff too.

Wentworth Miller and Rav from Crimewatch are jsut as appealing though (except that Rav's neck is as wide as his head which I find a little off putting!)
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,666
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine him on top of you in Doctor Who mode leering down at you pulling those wacky cartoonish faces he does on Doctor Who, extreme angry face, extreme happy face, extreme shocked face etc.?Then when it's all finished he says 'Ho Yes' in the way he does on the show.

I know that was supposed to be a bad thing but phwaor!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think charisma can be extremely sexy - David Tennant isn't bad looking and he's also got a lot of charisma.

Me and my sister have always had a massive thing for the late, great Freddie Mercury yet I don't think anyone would say he was good looking!! Its the charisma, I tells ya!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it's all down to that then how, based on the constantly (and unfairly) declining ratings of Pushing Daisies on ITV1, did Anna Friel get top honours for the women?
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NatalieP wrote: »
    I think charisma can be extremely sexy - David Tennant isn't bad looking and he's also got a lot of charisma.

That and the sense of humour and the fact he seems to be happy in what he does and grateful for the opportunity to do it unlike the likes of Kiera who always moaning - enthusiasm is sexy. He's not conventially handsome but he's got an interesting, expressive face (with lovely eyes and a gorgeous smile) and I'd take that over a blank hunk like Jessie Metcalfe any day of the week. I also like tall, skinny men too so it's a typology thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    For those who don't understand why David is considered so attractive, hopefully this will explain it. If not further discussion is futile. I don't see the point of some of these awful remarks though.
    Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic. It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. It is a beauty of things modest and humble. It is a beauty of things unconventional...
    It is also two separate words, with related but different meanings. "Wabi" is the kind of perfect beauty that is seemingly-paradoxically caused by just the right kind of imperfection, such as an asymmetry in a ceramic bowl which reflects the handmade craftsmanship, as opposed to another bowl which is perfect, but soul-less and machine-made.
    "Sabi" is the kind of beauty that can come only with age, such as the patina on a very old bronze statue.
    Wabi and Sabi are independent word stems in normal speech. They are brought together only to make a point about aesthetics. Sabi is most often applied to physical artistic objects, not writing. A well-known examplar of what one would call a "wabishii" object: black spit polish boots with dust on them from the parade ground. Many Japanese pots, the expensive ones, are dark and mottled -- wabi. "Sabishii"

It is the cracks in the bark of trees that lets us know it is a mature and healthy tree, harboring an ecosystem while protecting itself from many of the denizens of the ecosystem.
    It is the lines in a persons face that lets us know how much they have laughed, considered carefully, grimaced in their lifetime.
    Krishnamurti speaks of our souls each being of the same paper but that which makes us unique is the creases left in the paper from all the folding and unfolding of experience.

Seconded. A ditty that helps me thru the day is
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There's a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.
    -- Leonard Cohen"Anthem". Also found in Little Zen Companion "
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have you resurrected a 6 year old thread based on a poll taken then? :confused:
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Wentworth Miller, 35, who plays Michael Scofield in Prison Break, was voted second sexiest male.

In third place was Josh Holloway, 38, who plays Sawyer in Lost

Lovely
    Was this poll taken in 2009?

Hangon... Nevermind I've just seen the original date of the thread. (2008. Close.)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who don't understand why David is considered so attractive, hopefully this will explain it. If not further discussion is futile. I don't see the point of some of these awful remarks though.
    Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic. It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. It is a beauty of things modest and humble. It is a beauty of things unconventional...
    It is also two separate words, with related but different meanings. "Wabi" is the kind of perfect beauty that is seemingly-paradoxically caused by just the right kind of imperfection, such as an asymmetry in a ceramic bowl which reflects the handmade craftsmanship, as opposed to another bowl which is perfect, but soul-less and machine-made.
    "Sabi" is the kind of beauty that can come only with age, such as the patina on a very old bronze statue.
    Wabi and Sabi are independent word stems in normal speech. They are brought together only to make a point about aesthetics. Sabi is most often applied to physical artistic objects, not writing. A well-known examplar of what one would call a "wabishii" object: black spit polish boots with dust on them from the parade ground. Many Japanese pots, the expensive ones, are dark and mottled -- wabi. "Sabishii"

It is the cracks in the bark of trees that lets us know it is a mature and healthy tree, harboring an ecosystem while protecting itself from many of the denizens of the ecosystem.
    It is the lines in a persons face that lets us know how much they have laughed, considered carefully, grimaced in their lifetime.
    Krishnamurti speaks of our souls each being of the same paper but that which makes us unique is the creases left in the paper from all the folding and unfolding of experience.

Seconded. A ditty that helps me thru the day is
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There's a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.
    -- Leonard Cohen"Anthem". Also found in Little Zen Companion "

:o:o:confused:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:confused:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    DT is one of my tv boyfriends and somewhere on my laminated list, but I don't need to go into deep, deep details as to why I like him. I just do. I wish he'd eat a sandwich, but nobody's perfect... Not even David Tennant.;-)