Options

How do I stop NPower reps calling at my house?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,776
    Forum Member
    you could do something similar to what my dad does when the call centres phone, just put the phone down...

so if they knock on your door, either pretend you arent in, or just shut the door on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who actually answers questionnaires truthfully?
    Exactly - it's the only fun of some of the more lengthier online surveys. :D If they were to pool the answers I've given over the last couple of months, they'd realise that I have 1-7 children, live alone or with up to 5 adults, sometimes have no pets but on occasion may have 3 dogs & 2 cats, I'm aged anything between 25 & 75. I'm also a student or working full-time or retired depending on the mood I'm in, & although I sometimes prefer not to reveal my salary, I've been known to earn over £100k a year. :D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    duffystev wrote: »

I got a strip of white card, wrote in bold marker pen 'No business or callers' on it and stuck it in my door window. I hardly ever get anyone calling now.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to be rid of them is to be rude to them

there's no need to be rude to anyone - they're just doing a job at the end of the day.

there's always this

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/tradingstandardshome/tradingstandards-protectingolderpersons/tradingstandards-nocoldcalling.htm

I saw a similar sign today that had a trading standards notice on it as well, so maybe contact your local trading standards office and see if they're operating a similar scheme.
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Tell them you're a burglar and would they mind awfully hurrying up their spiel as you don't want to be caught when the householders return.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there's no need to be rude to anyone - they're just doing a job at the end of the day.

I disagree. They're not 'just doing a job', they're lying and conning people. If a company I worked for told me to go out and con old people into signing up for double glazing, I'd quit the company. Does no one have a moral backbone anymore? They have a choice. They can say to npower "Actually no, I won't take part in these tactics". I think a lot of the time it's sales people trying to make more money for themselves and operating like this off their own backs.