Victoria Beckham - looking older by the day.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    Sorry but she works in fashion - her career is based on managing and directing a successful fashion empire. Do you expect her to dress like a frump? She has always always wore heels since day one - you act like this is done to get attention. Victoria Beckham and fashion go hand in hand. Sounds like a touch of the bias to me.

Agreed. And to be honest, who exactly would buy her clothes or think highly of her as a designer if she didn't walk around fashionably? It's what sells her clothes, she's a businesswoman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    She's looked exactly the same for the last 5 years - thanks to the botox!
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can sound like what it wants to you. She's courted publicity from day one, usually by what she's wearing - and she wasn't involved in fashion years ago. Once again, if she wanted a quieter life, she could have one.

How could she have one? By not travelling? Not going out in public? Not doing anything at all? She is snapped at theme parks, taking her kids to school, doing all the normal things mothers do - it even happens when shes wearing the dreaded flat shoes (and then she gets mocked for not wearing the heels) so its really a lose/lose situation. Its easier to say 'she could live a private life' than it is for someone of her status to do.

I think its just another case of the traditional Brit attitude of tearing people apart when theyre successful. Us Brits hate a genuinely happy celebrity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could she have one? By not travelling? Not going out in public? Not doing anything at all? She is snapped at theme parks, taking her kids to school, doing all the normal things mothers do - it even happens when shes wearing the dreaded flat shoes (and then she gets mocked for not wearing the heels) so its really a lose/lose situation. Its easier to say 'she could live a private life' than it is for someone of her status to do.

I think its just another case of the traditional Brit attitude of tearing people apart when theyre successful. Us Brits hate a genuinely happy celebrity.

I like plenty of celebrities, I'm just not that keen on Mrs B.

How can she have a quieter life? She can stop courting publicity for starters. She won't have a quiet life until she's much older but it could be quieter but then we're speculating that she doesn't love it all. I'd say she does.

If she's happy, good for her....she just doesn't look it.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am not sure it is even that - she used to drive me nuts, but she is so rarely in my face she barely registers, and her clothing line is really good, and very successful - however much input she has had in it. As much as it would have pained me to say it a couple of years ago - she has done well, for herself, by herself. And not by selling herself, her marriage or her kids, through something she is good at.

She still looks like a miserable cow, but you can't have everything!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like plenty of celebrities, I'm just not that keen on Mrs B.

How can she have a quieter life? She can stop courting publicity for starters. She won't have a quiet life until she's much older but it could be quieter but then we're speculating that she doesn't love it all. I'd say she does.

If she's happy, good for her....she just doesn't look it.

I find it interesting that you accept the stuff you hate her for in other people...do they have to be male and attractive for you to allow blanket over-exposure?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it interesting that you accept the stuff you hate her for in other people...do they have to be male and attractive for you to allow blanket over-exposure?:D

Firstly, I'm sure you don't mean to have a dig at me, ac! :D

Secondly, I don't hate her.

Thirdly, if I don't like someone, I don't want them rammed in my face, be they male or female, unattractive or attractive. OK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not sure it is even that - she used to drive me nuts, but she is so rarely in my face she barely registers, and her clothing line is really good, and very successful - however much input she has had in it. As much as it would have pained me to say it a couple of years ago - she has done well, for herself, by herself. And not by selling herself, her marriage or her kids, through something she is good at.

She still looks like a miserable cow, but you can't have everything!

I've already said it, her designs are (mostly) very nice, very classy and tasteful, and that's about as nice as I'm gonna get about her for one day! :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    flakecake wrote: »
    VB has never really had a good look about her. For all the money she has and the expensive clothes she wears it amazes me how ghastly she has always chose to dress.
    She is and has been for years, way too skinny and the older she gets the worse she looks for it. She has a serious lolipop head going on in with the bargain and her skinny legs in those ridiculously high heel shoes she wears looks awful. The shoes always look bigger and bulkier than her legs. Not a good look.
    She would look so much better if she gained a few stone. She had a great figure in the early Spice Girl days and a fuller prettier face. Alright she's never been a raving beauty but she was attractive enough. Long gone are those days for her.
    worpler wrote: »
    ha...true.

Being so thin is not good for your skin as you get older.....the wrinkles etc are right there.....
    I like her red dress if you scroll down more but all black looks too severe on here, and clock the scrawny neck in the first picture. If only she'd put on half a stone, she'd look so much better.
    She's too thin, and being very thin ages you. She could do with being about two stone heavier. We all remember what she looked like in the Spice Girls, she was much curvier. You can't kid me she's naturally that thin!
    Are you aware that she clearly has a life threatening illness? http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/20070426/5810/victoria-beckham-admits-to-past-eating-disorder/
    she will break if she falls over.:D

Yes. She might. I am surprised that someone's illness is a cause for hilarity. http://www.b-eat.co.uk/AboutEatingDisorders/RelatedProblems/Osteoporosis
    Forum Member
    ^^^ Bit OTT.

Her Pishness of Poshness no longer has an eating disorder. She can eat what she likes - she says so in every interview. She just doesn't grow into a humungous pudding like every other mere mortal.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    she looks ok she just needs to be a dize 12 not a size 8 or whatever she is
    Forum Member
    garbage456 wrote: »
    she looks ok she just needs to be a dize 12 not a size 8 or whatever she is

What????? A size 12?????

You can't seriously be saying that Her P of P wants to be a beached whale!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly, I'm sure you don't mean to have a dig at me, ac! :D

Secondly, I don't hate her.

Thirdly, if I don't like someone, I don't want them rammed in my face, be they male or female, unattractive or attractive. OK?

I didn't think it was a dig, I thought it was a joke. Please accept my apology if you feel it over-stepped the mark.

It is something I do find interesting, people who hated KP for example, but not Katatonic Kerry - to me, there is no real difference between them.

The two things I would say about Sticky is a) I think her humour didn't translate well back in the day, so some things she said looked bad in print (I am somewhat like that) and b) she has a talent for what she is doing now - she dresses women well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    What????? A size 12?????

She looks like a size 0 to me (UK size 4).
    I didn't think it was a dig, I thought it was a joke. Please accept my apology if you feel it over-stepped the mark.

It is something I do find interesting, people who hated KP for example, but not Katatonic Kerry - to me, there is no real difference between them.

The two things I would say about Sticky is a) I think her humour didn't translate well back in the day, so some things she said looked bad in print (I am somewhat like that) and b) she has a talent for what she is doing now - she dresses women well.

You didn't overstep the mark, I'm cool with it. :)

Yep, I think she's found her niche in life. Fashion is something she's good at.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    ^^^ Bit OTT.

Her Pishness of Poshness no longer has an eating disorder. She can eat what she likes - she says so in every interview. She just doesn't grow into a humungous pudding like every other mere mortal.

I think it unlikely that anyone could be so underweight without severe calorific restriction. I am unaware of Victoria Beckam's medical details. Perhaps she wishes it to be private but it would be uncommon for most people with eating disorders to go into detail in public about such a personal and debilitating condition.
    The condition almost always remains "with" the sufferer throughout recovery. It can be a daily battle even if outward appearances would suggest otherwise.
    http://www.psychiatric-disorders.com/articles/eating-disorders/anorexia/anorexia-symptoms.php
  • SomebodytoLoveSomebodytoLove Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Victoria Beckham cannot be criticised for anything she says (she doesn't feel the need to constantly make comment about anything/everything), I suppose the only thing that's left is her appearance.

She is extremely slight...........so what?
    Does that merit all the nastiness?

I think not and I'm not a great fan either.:p
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Victoria Beckham cannot be criticised for anything she says

Can't she?:rolleyes: I have done just that quite a lot.
  • SomebodytoLoveSomebodytoLove Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't she?:rolleyes: I have done just that quite a lot.

When has she spoken out recently about anything?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When has she spoken out recently about anything?:confused:

She hasn't recently but she has in the past..
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    What????? A size 12?????

She looks like a size 0 to me (UK size 4).

You didn't overstep the mark, I'm cool with it. :)

Yep, I think she's found her niche in life. Fashion is something she's good at.

sorry i have no idea of sizes but she needs to go up a couple that is for sure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks ridiculously thin again.... wonder who Derek is boffing this time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    She used to annoy me so much, when she was all over every paper and magazine. But my opinion has changed over the years...

I've been surprised by how much I like her style now, it's much more the sort of thing I like.

She is far too thin though - and it's such a contrast to the natural weight she had during the early years of the Spice Girls. There should be some achievable middle ground between middle-aged spread (I'm the same age as her and can understand how much effort it can take to avoid it!) and starving yourself to mannequin size.

The sad thing is that she rarely seems happy. What a shame, all those years putting the Brand first, she can probably never relax. David got away with a heck of a lot when the Loos affair broke and everyone turned on Victoria for the OTT way she stood by her man and came across fake.

LA has obviously been great for them both in some ways - they are unarguably A-List and her fashion career has been a success. I wonder at what price.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minimina wrote: »
    She used to annoy me so much, when she was all over every paper and magazine. But my opinion has changed over the years...

I've been surprised by how much I like her style now, it's much more the sort of thing I like.

She is far too thin though - and it's such a contrast to the natural weight she had during the early years of the Spice Girls. There should be some achievable middle ground between middle-aged spread (I'm the same age as her and can understand how much effort it can take to avoid it!) and starving yourself to mannequin size.

The sad thing is that she rarely seems happy. What a shame, all those years putting the Brand first, she can probably never relax. David got away with a heck of a lot when the Loos affair broke and everyone turned on Victoria for the OTT way she stood by her man and came across fake.

LA has obviously been great for them both in some ways - they are unarguably A-List and her fashion career has been a success. I wonder at what price.

You assume you:

a. know what her 'natural weight' is
    b. know what weight she's comfortable with
    c. know how she's achieving that weight.

You also say she's 'far too thin'. Far too thin by who's standards? Yours? Thought so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't recently but she has in the past..

But I don't understand, aren't you one of the posters who has a hissy fit whenever someone makes a joke about Cheryl's past?:confused: Not saying I agree with people always bringing up the toilet cleaner incident, but you can't have it both ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    But I don't understand, aren't you one of the posters who has a hissy fit whenever someone makes a joke about Cheryl's past?:confused: Not saying I agree with people always bringing up the toilet cleaner incident, but you can't have it both ways.

ME? Hissy fit? nah,