Options

A bit hollow this season?

Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
For me, this series has been a bit hollow. Mainly because I feel the dancing standard has been lower than in previous years. Often, Strictly has a standout dancer, but they did all look very amateur this season.

Then there is the silly marking. I think a lot of people would agree that the marks have been stupidly high all round, which I figure is just part of the hype machine. But when you give a mediocre dance an 8, you got nowhere to go when you get a relative good dance. It all seemed a bit daft.

Then there's the hype, just LOT's of hype. It just left me feeling a bit empty I guess. Don't get me wrong, I liked the series, but there are only so many times I can have 'The. Best. Strictly. Ever.' mantra drummed into my earholes before I start questioning the substance of such a claim.

I wasn't really cheering anyone on, no one grabbed my attention. I can't think of one dance that really genuinely wowed me; there have been a few stand out ones, but nothing to really 'wow' me.

On the upside, I think we got to see some interesting choreo this series from some of the pros.

Anyone else feeling this series was a bit hollow?

Comments

• Options
    Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think it was better than both Season 7 and last year, but that's just my view
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I had the same Chris Hollins' year - didn't care who won so wasn't upset when he did

at least I cared this year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have only watched the last three yrs or so but actually I loved this year more than the others, and loved the fact it was close at the top.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the best ever series. 3 great finalists, and anyone of them could have won it.

Superb.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a good year. Even the 'joke' competitor, Russel, took the dancing seriously and had some aptitude, unlike the likes of Ann Widdecombe and John Sargeant.

Three strong dancers in the final, any of whom would've been a credible winner. The right person won on the night (unlike when Team Cola won), so all-in-all I found it very enjoyable.

Have to agree that the judges marking is getting beyond a joke, though.