Options

Have I Got News For You - Series 47

Comments

• Options
    MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's an original viewpoint, haven't heard that one before.

I do wonder why it wasn't cancelled about 15 years ago though, perhaps it counts as part of the politics coverage remit the BBC has to follow?
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The token woman was once again totally unfunny, even embarrassing trying to be.
    Even if it was VC.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Even if it was VC.

I thought that as usual she was very funny. It was the other guest (no idea who he was) who was very unfunny, he got in a few funny comments but spoke far too much and only a small proportion of what he said was funny. Victoria Coren Mitchell tends to be measured and waits until she has a good comment to make.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Wonder what they thought of the Harry and Paul sketch?

Is it a Dolphin in a bath.? :D
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any show that has the beautiful Victoria Coren-Mitchell on gets the thumbs up from me. And even Paul looked interested this week. The bearded-yeti on the other team was funny as well. Alexander and Ian on form. They looked like they were having fun this week and it produced a good episode.

Ignore the moaners. They are derivative never-have-beens in love with their own imagined importance.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it was VC.

Victoria Coren a "token woman" ? That's just too much, pistols at dawn sir. :)
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Any show that has the beautiful Victoria Coren-Mitchell on gets the thumbs up from me. And even Paul looked interested this week. The bearded-yeti on the other team was funny as well. Alexander and Ian on form. They looked like they were having fun this week and it produced a good episode.

Ignore the moaners. They are derivative never-have-beens in love with their own imagined importance.

Probably describes ninety nine percent of the people who've ever voiced an opinion on DS forums.

Including yourself.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moleskin wrote: »
    I do wonder why it wasn't cancelled about 15 years ago though, perhaps it counts as part of the politics coverage remit the BBC has to follow?

I guess because it's ratings remain incredibly good, despite the whingers.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Probably describes ninety nine percent of the people who've ever voiced an opinion on DS forums.

Including yourself.

Dead right.

But I don't spend an inordinate amount of time criticising programmes I do not enjoy. If I don't like a programme I don't watch it or post about it.

You have two ways to watch a programme. You can come in to it to enjoy it and look for good things in it or you can look for things not to like about it. I know which way I prefer to watch television. I am not paid to review television and it is my hobby so why would I concern myself so much with something I do not enjoy.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Dead right.

But I don't spend an inordinate amount of time criticising programmes I do not enjoy. If I don't like a programme I don't watch it or post about it.

You have two ways to watch a programme. You can come in to it to enjoy it and look for good things in it or you can look for things not to like about it. I know which way I prefer to watch television. I am not paid to review television and it is my hobby so why would I concern myself so much with something I do not enjoy.

But that's what the Forums are all about. It would soon become pretty boring if everyone just posted praise of the programmes they had enjoyed.
    The only thing that annoys me is when people don't give any constructive criticism for disliking something. Just saying "that was crap" seems pointless to me, what can you post in reply ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's what the Forums are all about. It would soon become pretty boring if everyone just posted praise of the programmes they had enjoyed.
    The only thing that annoys me is when people don't give any constructive criticism for disliking something. Just saying "that was crap" seems pointless to me, what can you post in reply ?

But the endless wittering about the token female and whether or not Paul is interested is also pretty boring as well.

Of course instead of critiquing the performances we can talk about the jokes.

I thought the Sky TV reporter bit was funny and it was great to see Nick Griffin laughed at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria Coren a "token woman" ? That's just too much, pistols at dawn sir. :)

I would not like to be in the shoes of anyone who dared say that to her in person!
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that was a good line from Alexander Armstrong when the thing abpout Kim Kardashian came on :
    "Have you ever been involved in a car dash, Ian ?"
    :D
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I should reiterate my post from the fourth one in on this thread.

I think I may add, biased against UKKP (despite always talking about the minority party), and the quota of one female makes us all cry, I mean one whole female in a five person show, it's PC gone mad, my god they may try to treat females as equals next:o
    Awww diddums. Somebody's desperate for attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Victoria Coren I'm Too Much Of A Snob For A Hyphen Mitchell was fine, as she usually is. Joe Wilkinson however is one of those people that I can never understand how they made it as a professional comedian. He was his usual charisma and laugh free self.

UKIP/Farage got the usual treatment but they missed out 'the Scots' this week for some reason. Double dose next week probably.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww diddums. Somebody's desperate for attention.

Thanks for giving it to me, it's all I crave:D
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must be some very weird psychological explanation for the difficulty some people have with Jo Brand, when she's clearly by far the best of all the female guest hosts.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched and enjoyed. AA is always very good as host, VC-M and the chap who used to present the Open University programmes I watched circa 1975 were good guests and Ian "cock up" Hislop and Paul "Dolphin in Bathtub" Merton were in fine fettle. Good fun.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,084
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    There must be some very weird psychological explanation for the difficulty some people have with Jo Brand, when she's clearly by far the best of all the female guest hosts.

I like Kirsty Young as guest host the most, but I like Jo too. She gets a very hard time on here and it's very unnecessary imo.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Even if it was VC.

Can't stand her. Never funny. Just whiny and nasal.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    I like Kirsty Young as guest host the most, but I like Jo too. She gets a very hard time on here and it's very unnecessary imo.

Jo Brand is great. I always enjoy her on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for giving it to me, it's all I crave:D
    No problem. I hate to see someone suffer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Many would disagree with you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't normally like Brand particularly as I'm not into back stabbers. However she's fine when hosting this. They've had a lot worse.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,084
    Forum Member
    I don't normally like Brand particularly as I'm not into back stabbers. However she's fine when hosting this. They've had a lot worse.

Oh what did she do?