✭✭
    Jill and Darren

Scott and Natalie
    Louisa and Vincent
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing the scores for last night's jives, in particular Harry's, (which contained very little jive content whilst being a good performance & being entertaining), made me wonder how they would have scored Jill & Darren in 2011
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Anyone whose answer isn't Jill and Darren's clearly haven't been watching the show long enough/are cretins. There's no other dance that has received such acclaim since for so long, she received the first 40/40 in the days before Craig R-H even knew the number 10 existed, and Saint Arlene of Phillips, choreographess extroadinaire, had enough youthfulness in her to be so excited she pickled Len's walnuts for him... She is the nearest thing (with the possible exception of Kara) to being a celeb who could turn pro (see her return to the pro jive in series 6) and her Jive was exceptional...

I'm sorry for being so vague and ambiguous as to my preference; so often I've been called an enigma; it's a flaw I just can't shake...

Don't be so fliin' rude:mad:
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Jill and Darren. And it was a little teeny, weeny bit of a silly question.....If it were serious....
  • Options
    tinselgirltinselgirl Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Got to be Austin and Erin's. Much, much better version of the Hairspray number than that managed by Anita and Robbin - but Austin did have youth on his side!
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gethin and Camilla
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austin's Jive had an element of wow to it, but his upper body just looked silly, and his arm movements naffed it all up a bit for me, personally.

Jill and Darren's Jive has lost some of its punch over the years, which is to be expected I guess. Still in my all-time top five. My absolute favourite is Louisa and Vincent's. It's a nightmare finding it on Youtube.. However, their Eurovision Dance Contest performance has Paso and Jive content, and is pretty fabulous in its own right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHcX4i--nqY
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the fact we're still talking about Jill's jive, performed 3 weeks into series 2, is telling. The choreography in the earlier series was for the most part less demanding, probably because the pros weren't sure just how far they could push their partners. With each series the boundaries have been pushed further, more is expected of the best celebs and we've witnessed many intricate routines. Yet Jill's performance is still remembered as the iconic jive and all done without the aid of props. Of course the same applies to Louisa and Vincent which is why I put them second.

I do believe that had Jill performed that jive last Saturday she would still have achieved top spot on the leaderboard. If ever a routine was worth 40 - that was it!
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,043
    Forum Member
    Jill & Darren - still my favourite dance in Strictly ever.

Back in the days where 10s were like gold dust, and technique actually mattered
  • Options
    mictheminimicthemini Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill and Darren.
    As a lot of people have said, straight into the dance, no messing.
    And what a great dance, brilliant jive. And she managed a repeat of it in one of the specials, long after her original dance.