Helen Appreciation Thread

AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
Forum Member
I think she deserves one by now. If only to balance out the weird hero worship of Melody on this forum.

Nine wins for Helen, can she make it ten next week?

Who else likes Helen?

Comments

• TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her a lot.

Even though I love Susan, I can see that all round, Helen is superior to the other contestants in many ways.

I think the reason for the lack of "fan" interest is that she really hasnt done anything monstrously stupid, and unlike Zoe, Natasha or Melody, Helen hasnt tried to "bitch for Britain", but got on with her tasks.

All these guys and girls though are a hostage to the shows editors, so ideas, arguments, or team work not condusive to the way the production company wants the show to look, wont ever be seen. Lets face it, the whole thing is entertainment, so a candidate knuckling under and doing the job may be good for winning tasks, but "it aint sexy tv" so will be downplayed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Helen Appreciation Thread
    I think she deserves one by now. If only to balance out the weird hero worship of Melody on this forum.Helen Appreciation Thread
    I think she deserves one by now. If only to balance out the weird hero worship of Melody on this forum.

Helen doesnt need one. She has her own family appreciation website, where her family answer all posters, and provide all news clips about her. I dont think anyone else has ever had one.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,209
    Forum Member
    Helen is by far the best candidate I've seen since I've been watching the show,will be very surprised if she doesnt come top
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I want to know why there is no-one here on this thread :rolleyes: . On this showing evidently Helen has no future as a popular TV or radio presenter. No, she will be the Apprentice, the first step towards Helen the multimillionairess.

Do Brits prefer to discuss failures rather than an 8 times straight winner? Who will lay me odds against 9 straight wins next week?
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Do Brits prefer to discuss failures

Yes. :(
    rather than an 8 times straight winner? Who will lay me odds against 9 straight wins next week?

Am I going mad or isn't it already nine?
  • JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nine as of last night.

I like Helen. Every time she wins there's always threads here saying "oh well it wasn't REALLY Helen who deserves the credit!" but after nine weeks surely everyone can see she's the most consistently perofrming candidate. I'd be shocked if it isn't her and Susan in the final.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she was anonymous for first 3 weeks i do believe?

jim won her this task

but yeh shes defiently a contender,jims biggest rival
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    One has to remember that although I personally rate her much higher than any of the others, most of the wins were hardly spectacular. The money was almost equal. The biscuit task, although she came up with the idea of going for the kids, (which always wins any task, surprising they have learnt that yet) that really was all she did. Apart from the Paris pitch, which won her the order by saying that she had bought from them in the past, I cant think of any other thing to applaud her for. Perhaps someone on this appreciation thread can list her 'personal' achievements. For that matter non of the candidates here have any. The tasks have really all been the wrong ones.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    The trailer for next week shows Helen putting the psychological boot into Melody in a masterful fashion. I can't imagine any of the other candidates pulling this off. She's the best pitcher and has the calmest demeanor. She makes fewer mistakes than the others, and if she does go wrong she realizes this and changes things. The others just charge down blind alleys.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Bit of a sleeper, at the start....but Helen to Win.:)

TeamHelen:cool:
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Well this thread didn't turn out to be very successful but I'm bumping it for tonight's final anyway. Haven't posted much or even read this forum much in the last few weeks because it suddenly turned so Anti-Helen after Melody was fired. Every little thing she did was blown up into something negative here and it really got boring to read, whereas Susan and Tom could do no wrong just because they were both "cute" or something. But anway, Helen deserves some appreciation on the final night even if I'm the only one doing it.
  • JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's still my favourite.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's anti-Helen it's just that she's a fairly standard well-organised PA but beyond that hasn't shown us any skills to get particularly excited about.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I would like to see Helen's long hair tumble down to her shoulders or waist.

Helen suporters come out of the closet. ;)
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen to win. All the best to her for tonight!
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    come on Helen supportted her from the start :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for Helen tonight. Definitely deserves it.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Poor Helen. :(

She did make a mistake with her business plan, but it seemed like Lord Sugar was just looking for an inventor in the end and the whole process was kind of pointless. I'm sure Helen will do great in business anyway.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen was an outstanding candidate and probably the best ever to appear on the show and even LS admits she would have won if it had been the original format. It was just her bad luck that it is now a different show.