The Leveson Inquiry: Culture, Practices & Ethics of the Press, 2012

Comments

• AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am rather confused. This phase of the enquiry is supposed to be about Politicians and the Press. So I'm not sure about the paedophile questions.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's getting annoyed now. I can understand why. It's been very personal today.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Leveson not satisfied with her answer, but remaining icily polite, over the Brown smear issue.
    I am minded to start a fan club for him...I think he's great. When he had asked Mrs Brooks that question about Mr Brown he just said "Mmm" which spoke volumes as to what he thought of her answer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RB says the flak she gets is gender-based. Ha.
  • mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has accused Mr Jay of being sexist!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much Jay has earned for his endeavours to date.

Bill for Leveson Inquiry barristers hits £625,600 in first six months

http://www.thelawyer.com/bill-for-leveson-inquiry-barristers-hits-%C2%A3625600-in-first-six-months/1011785.article
  • Transient1Transient1 Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but she has dropped Jeremy Hunt in it through an email she has released.

From the Telegraph.
    Jeremy Hunt faces fresh questions over his relationship with News Corporation after an email from its chief lobbyist claimed the Culture Secretary had asked him for “private” advice on the phone-hacking investigation to “guide his and No.10’s positioning”.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I wonder how much Jay has earned for his endeavours to date.

Bill for Leveson Inquiry barristers hits £625,600 in first six months

http://www.thelawyer.com/bill-for-leveson-inquiry-barristers-hits-%C2%A3625600-in-first-six-months/1011785.article

Worth every penny :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mad_dude wrote: »
    She has accused Mr Jay of being sexist!

No she didn't.

She said that much of the tittle tattle written about her could be interpreted as sexist. That no one would have said scurrilous things about her relationship with Rupert Murdoch if she had been a grizzled old man. e.g. the gossip that they swim together which is not true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worth every penny :D

You should be ashamed of yourself.;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Rebekah Brook's missing BlackBerry message puzzles IT experts
    Sample of computer forensics experts dispute how 'message from David Cameron' could have been lost in copying process"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/may/11/rebekah-brooks-missing-blackberry-message
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she didn't.

She said that much of the tittle tattle written about her could be interpreted as sexist. That no one would have said scurrilous things about her relationship with Rupert Murdoch if she had been a grizzled old man. e.g. the gossip that they swim together which is not true.

She accused Mr Jays questioning of being sexist. That if she was male she wouldn't be asked those questions.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Transient1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but she has dropped Jeremy Hunt in it through an email she has released.

From the Telegraph.

We still have to see what Hunt has to say.
  • Transient1Transient1 Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jilly wrote: »

Yes of course.
    Forum Member
    "Rebekah Brook's missing BlackBerry message puzzles IT experts
    Sample of computer forensics experts dispute how 'message from David Cameron' could have been lost in copying process"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/may/11/rebekah-brooks-missing-blackberry-message

Thank you for that....I was wondering about that too....
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jilly wrote: »

I'm sure he will confirm that the Bsky Bid (worth billions of £) was being managed by a pair of self aggrandising, gossiping, out of control, fantascists called Adam and Fred.

And that the choice of both or either is no reflection at all on his judgement or that of the Digger ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week it was Tom Watsons fault, I am betting that this week it will be spun as Robert Jays fault.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he will confirm that the Bsky Bid (worth billions of £) was being managed by a pair of self aggrandising, gossiping, out of control, fantascists called Adam and Fred.

And that the choice of both or either is no reflection at all on his judgement or that of the Digger ;)
    That description is quite good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    Thank you for that....I was wondering about that too....

The police took it away from her for quite a long period.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    mad_dude wrote: »
    Last week it was Tom Watsons fault, I am betting that this week it will be spun as Robert Jays fault.

Yep, on-message comments about barrister's fees already appearing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Far too little emphasis on the brief of the Leveson phase three which is meant to be about the relationship between the press and politicians. imo.
    Forum Member
    The police took it away from her for quite a long period.
    Not sure what you're saying there...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leveson has agreed to the NI lawyer making a statement at the start of Monday's session, although he's concerned to a flood of CPs wanting to make statements.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barry59 wrote: »
    Yep, on-message comments about barrister's fees already appearing!

They should be glad that only one Silk is appearing! I once was involved in a trial in Bermuda that settled after 11 months because half the Silks in the commercial Bar of England and Wales were appearing and no one could stomach the ongoing costs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    Not sure what you're saying there...

I am saying that presumably the police have copies of whatever was on it so all will be revealed in due course.
This discussion has been closed.