Options

Do you want the series put back together?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes it even more annoying is the fact that we were told we'd be getting "more Doctor Who than ever" this year, and now we have got the exact opposite.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but that is all the more reason I left me feeling a little miffed.

I can see where you're coming from, but if it narrows the gap in between series then I'm all for it. :)

Yes, that makes it even worse. To be honest, although I love Moffat's take on Who, I can't help but place some of the blame on him. I don't want to but I do. He's said more than once that he can't keep up with the workload required to produce a full series every year. And it's really making me reset him, which is something I don't want to do, because he really has, in my opinion, taken Who to a whole new level. Although I do think splitting s7 over two years is more down to the BBC than Moff.
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    Although I do think splitting s7 over two years is more down to the BBC than Moff.

It absolutely was. He may say whatever he likes to preserve his image as showrunner, but the fact is the BBC is in charge of scheduling and the BBC is in charge of ordering Moffat how many episodes to produce.
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thnk the split worked better this time around, but I'd still ike to see the series back in one block...

Starting on the last Saturday in August would be ideal i reckon :)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer a long continuous run.
    The split makes each series feel far too short.
    Not only that, but by the time series 'B' starts, events which occur in the second half of the series which are based on elements within series 'A' are very vague in my memory and are often difficult to remember or completely forgotten about altogether. The flow of the story arc is just broken for me.
    That's why it can be confusing to me, not the actual complexity of the actual stories themselves which I'm fine with.
    Due to the long break there often very small plot details from the first series half which you struggle to remember at all.

It might be different when you're writing it and making it because it's all there for you as one thing to refer to. But split it in two and put distance inbetween both halves and it changes the context of it completely.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The split doesn't work. There needs to be a continous 13 episode run of episodes again, that has a constant story arc similar to the Crack In Time in series 5.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to maintain interest in the story arcs with them spaced out over such a long period of time. Sometimes it feels like the season has just started and then it's all over and we are looking at another long break before the next episode.

I've been a fan for 35 years but I honestly feel the split seasons is slowly killing the show for me.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    I think split work, as long as they are in the same year.

Season 6 was a much better split than season 7.

This. The idea of a split doesn't bother me - I'm so used to watching American shows that take random hiatuses anyway. But the split over two years made series 7 seem interminably long, and the dip in quality in the second half didn't help matters either.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I do, just like it was in Series 1-5. Whether it's March-June or August-November, I just want all 13 episodes shown on near consecutive weeks. The series 6/7 splits have ruined the flow of the show for me...just doesn't work