Options

A bit mixed up about chaseplay...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
Forum Member
I decided to watch lost while it was recording about 25 mins after it had started. To do this I accessed the programme (and saw the red record sign as it was being recorded). I then rewound the programme back to the beginning and started to watch. As I was always behind the 'live' recording I thought that I would be able to continue watching to the end and run through the ads. However, it seemed to stop short quite some time before the end and I had to access the actual programme from the recorded programmes menu and run on to the bit I had missed. Am I missing something about buffering here as once accessed I thought I could watch the programme to its end? I'm a bit slow sometimes when it comes to this type of thing!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    It's a bug... Humax know about this one. It's in a list of things to possibly go in the next release. It happens when you 'catch up' with the buffer using chase play, and it often jumps out to the channel you were previously watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    But that would imply 25 mins of ads in an hours programme..... perfectly possible for Lost, I suppose!

Or does it also do it when the recording stops?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to watch lost while it was recording about 25 mins after it had started. To do this I accessed the programme (and saw the red record sign as it was being recorded). I then rewound the programme back to the beginning and started to watch.
    There are two ways to do chase play - the way you did was tuning into the channel and rewinding, the way the other posters clearly do it (and thought you did) is to bring up the recordings list and chose the currently recording programme from there (where it is obviously last - and has a little REC1 or REC2 icon next to it) this is better because:
    1. You don't have to rewind (so you you can't get the "plot" spoilt) - playback starts from the beginning
    2. You don't get the problem/bug you described (where the buffer is cleared (and you sent back to the channel live) when recording stops)
    3. If you stop playback it remembers where you are
    4. Other features like bookmarks work.
    There are some disadvantages however - you can't go right to live, or bring up the EPG, channel list or PiP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    You do need the latest firmware though for this form of chase play.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    There are two ways to do chase play - the way you did was tuning into the channel and rewinding, the way the other posters clearly do it (and thought you did) is to bring up the recordings list and chose the currently recording programme from there (where it is obviously last - and has a little REC1 or REC2 icon next to it) this is better because:
    1. You don't have to rewind (so you you can't get the "plot" spoilt) - playback starts from the beginning
    2. You don't get the problem/bug you described (where the buffer is cleared (and you sent back to the channel live) when recording stops)
    3. If you stop playback it remembers where you are
    4. Other features like bookmarks work.
    There are some disadvantages however - you can't go right to live, or bring up the EPG, channel list or PiP.

Thanks, I'll try that next time.
  • Options
    Bouncer5Bouncer5 Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do need the latest firmware though for this form of chase play.

Ive not update my firmware since i got mine but am keen to get chaseplay up and running, how do u do it and what new features are there for a standard box bought in may.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Refer to this FaQ, but be quick the latest transmission ends in about 20 mins.

LINK