Emmerdaily 31/5/12 - The Fast Food Mockers

1171819202123»

Comments

• kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    Why are Val/Amy getting bothered about Sandy? Since when did they even speak to him?

So say for example someone in your street beat up his father you wouldn't have any feelings about it even if you didn't know them well. I don't mean you would join the lynch mob or anything but you would probably voice an opinion.

And whatever that opinion was it would be totally valid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a coincedence that Scouse and Victoria go the the same burger bar as the one Tray is working at!

Depends where it is doesn't it, could be right where they get off/on the bus from Emmerdale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Val is now officially a caricature.

I've always thought she was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of minor points before I start.

Fat bloke worker in the Burger bar was in Grange Hill at the same time as young Hannah, he was bullied for being fat and then he was a fat bully himself amongst other things.

Ashley yes Jesus did have a plan B if the preaching business failed him but Carpentary was the family business and his earthly dad was Gallilee's biggest carpentary firm so he had an excuse what's yours.

Bit fraught this ep wasn't it.

Before I say anything i'm not defending what happened in the woolpack in any way or agreeing with it in any way whatsoever because I don't. quite frankly Ashley was lucky the villagers didn't start a lynch mob it was that kind of mentality.

I merely point out that this also happens in the real world all the time. A child/elderly abuser gets found out and all the local thugs decend on them and make threats, beat them up and call them far worse than anything that happened in last nights ep. also like last night usually their former good friends often turn on them and join in the bullying until that person is driven out of the neighbourhood/village.

As I said i'm not saying it was right just that it happens.

Meanwhile I find Laurel's behaviour utterly repulsive even worse than Vile Val, What business of hers is it where Ashley works or doesn't work, you threw him out you sanctimonious (is that how you spell it) self rightous bitch whats it got to do with you. She was spoiling for a fight even before she arrived to confront Ashley in the burger bar. It was actually quite nice to see Ashley get some of his fire back in the pub .

What exactly did Ashley do would cause Gabby to wet the bed on more than one occasion, what exactly have you been telling her Laurel, have you been deliberately exaggerating what happened, my theory that Laurel was deliberatetly blackening ashley name seems to be right.

Other things and people.
    Alex shut your scouse gob and stick to Victoria.
    Actually those two have slipped under the radar and have the only long term relationship in the village, a year they ahve been together.
    Rodney Grow some spine man.
    Amy keep up being sensible you might redeem yourself sometime before 2034.
    David at least let Val speak when she's trying to climb down.
    Alicia stay out of prsion.
    Chas stop doing it with cameron and restore some kind of order in your pub, some inner city pub have less fight and arguments going on and lynch mobs don't often form in them
    Gormless Moron. Die man die.
    Hannah take and pass your exams and get far far away from these idiots and morons.
    Holly Same.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Depends where it is doesn't it, could be right where they get off/on the bus from Emmerdale.

Did Tray really think that him working in a burger bar would remain a secret.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Did Tray really think that him working in a burger bar would remain a secret.

Especially when it's in Hotten! Hardly Leeds where he might have been able to hide a bit.

And another thing, that thinner lad was supposed to be the boss? Well unless there's a bigger boss who does the hiring (and surely firing?) how on earth did he not know that Ash had been a Vicar? Did Ash say he'd been unemployed for all those years? If so, bit of a stretch that the manager would take him on in the first place then eh?
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,430
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Not even for me RK? I thought you saved your kisses for me :D:D:D

Only if you wear your mortar board and gown Mr. B.

And you let me write on the blackboard with your chalk.... ;);):p