Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Ok, so Chris has been having some happy time in his room with the box of tissues and now quagmire is here and has his cock stuck in a bottle, oh giggidy :D
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About to DL this, though I've heard some very mixed views..

To be honest, I don't know if the Family Guy universe is wide enough to really pull this off. The Simpsons has literally hundreds of characters and buildings they could incorporate into their game, but Family Guy really only has so many. I'll give it a bash though!
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    About to DL this, though I've heard some very mixed views..

To be honest, I don't know if the Family Guy universe is wide enough to really pull this off. The Simpsons has literally hundreds of characters and buildings they could incorporate into their game, but Family Guy really only has so many. I'll give it a bash though!

If they struggle with Family Guy only settings they could add The Cleveland show and American Dad.

Imagine the trouble Stewie and Roger could cause.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they struggle with Family Guy only settings they could add The Cleveland show and American Dad.

Imagine the trouble Stewie and Roger could cause.

I've thought about that far to much over the years! :p
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i've started this.

i'm annoyed that i need to connect with facebook to have friends.

i like it i'm just wondering if i have time for another game i have to play every day in addition to simpson and real racing 3.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I've thought about that far to much over the years! :p

Haha me too.

Actually, but disappointed that it's only Family Guy now.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a problem, I sent a load of fb requestes out to try and get some friends and after a quest came up to invite people and every time I hit it it just days you've already sent invites, this was on Thursday i sent them, i thought by now it would have allowed me to resend the invites but nope.

Is there any solution?
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Going to give this one a go as soon as I get back to my wifi (data allowance is running a bit thin to be downloading this right now).

I do wonder if TSTO will now ramp up the freebies or extra levels to compete and try to retain players?

Could be interesting!
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Been playing for a few hours now and it seems to move quite quickly, only done afew tasks and already have 4 more buildings and levelled up a few of the characters. Seems to be running a lot smoother on my HTC One X than TSTO does. If I close the game it loads again instantly (even if I put the phone in to standby) whereas TO takes ages to load back up (the donut spins for several minutes) and sometimes just fails totally, so it wins points there!
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it on my iPad. Very addictive.
    Forum Member
    I have been quite enjoying this until now as I'm at the point where I'm to unlock Joe, but one of the tasks involves Consuela who costs 300 clams which will cost you either £6.99 or £13.99 depending in if you have any clams to begin with.
    What a rip off, to spend over £7 on a mobile game is a no no for me so over £7 just on one character is utterly ridiculous.
    I could just wait for the clams to build up as they pop up, but to get 300 is gonna take flippin ages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is disappointing news. I'm getting pretty close to that point in the game as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Consuela is not required. There are other ways of completing that mission.
    Repair the High School-12hrs, $6,000
    Help Joe Get Stuff-Complete the tasks, collect the stuff to unlock Joe!
    Unlock Joe Requires:
    10 Oregano- Earned by: Make Chris Find a New Friend OR Make Peter Surf the Bird
    10 Pair of Skechies- Earned by: Make Lois Shoplift OR Make Jerome Be a Superior Athlete OR Make Peter Dance the Shipoopi OR From James Woods High OR Make Consuela Tidy Up
    10 Toads- Earned by: Make Mort Retreat Cowardly OR Make Quagmire Giggity Strut OR Get From James Woods High
    Unlock Character
    Completed Task Earns $400, 260xp
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate how expensive everything is. It costs 4000 to get Lois, but I needed another 2000 to clear a block and make room for her building.

I'm only really making about 500 every time I finish everyone's tasks.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the times tasks take in real time, e.g. if a task takes a 1d to do, do you have to leave the game on for a whole day real time, or is that just game time?

And do you have to leave the game running or does time carry on when the game is off?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the times tasks take in real time, e.g. if a task takes a 1d to do, do you have to leave the game on for a whole day real time, or is that just game time?

And do you have to leave the game running or does time carry on when the game is off?

1. Yes, a 1 day task takes 1 day in real life.
    2. You can turn the game off and it'll still do the task.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    1. Yes, a 1 day task takes 1 day in real life.
    2. You can turn the game off and it'll still do the task.

:)

Cheers for the info.

Not keen on the way they want you to pay for clams and coins.

$99 is a bit steep.

Also you have to have an internet connection on all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW Do you HAVE to click on coins from the houses to collect them or do they accumulate until you click them?

E.g. if you do not click them for a while will they accumulate coins or stay at the first value?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First value I believe.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    First value I believe.:(

I was afraid that would be the case. So you have to keep clicking. :(
    Forum Member
    Consuela is not required. There are other ways of completing that mission.
    Repair the High School-12hrs, $6,000
    Help Joe Get Stuff-Complete the tasks, collect the stuff to unlock Joe!
    Unlock Joe Requires:
    10 Oregano- Earned by: Make Chris Find a New Friend OR Make Peter Surf the Bird
    10 Pair of Skechies- Earned by: Make Lois Shoplift OR Make Jerome Be a Superior Athlete OR Make Peter Dance the Shipoopi OR From James Woods High OR Make Consuela Tidy Up
    10 Toads- Earned by: Make Mort Retreat Cowardly OR Make Quagmire Giggity Strut OR Get From James Woods High
    Unlock Character
    Completed Task Earns $400, 260xp
    Doh! My bad, I was looking at it as individual tasks but it's just the total of each item you need to collect and I'd doesn't matter who gets them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else got to the bit with the Lost boys and the clowns?

Do the lost boys steal money? I haven't got Joe yet so can't get rid of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost boys do nothing of impact. They just wander around throwing bangers at the ground.

The clowns are for unlocking a costume for Peter but you only have til Sunday to get the costume as its limited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lost boys do nothing of impact. They just wander around throwing bangers at the ground.

The clowns are for unlocking a costume for Peter but you only have til Sunday to get the costume as its limited.

Cheers. Not sure if I'll get the clown costume, I can't afford the clam related clown items so have to hope the candy floss stand and Chris can get them in time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. I'll try to get it with Chris and the clowns but its looking doubtful. Maybe if they give us all of Sunday as well...