Options

Does anyone here still play on "ancient" games consoles?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the dreamcast emulaters like? You need a powerful pc for those?

Dunno. Never tried one. The Dreamcast is best left in my past. There are only two games that I first played on it which I still enjoy now, and I have the PC versions of both of them.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like to dig out my sixth century games console.......or chess board as it's known these days.

It only comes with two games though, and one of them isn't very good.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got an Oric-1 set up in my office, I occasionally have a game or two of 'Hunchback' or 'Zorgons Revenge' on that - usually when I am pissed or feeling nostalgic :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still got alot of love for mario world and mario kart and not to forget legend of zelda: link to the past on the SNES, cant belive that the controller is still working after all these years of hard service!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really, my (very) old sony vaio (running windows vista) has no problem running Dreamcast emmulation

Had a crack at running PS2 emmulation but it looked terrible and crashed alot.
  • Options
    RADIOHEEDRADIOHEED Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Nope,,old games are crap,,and i've been playing since pong in the 70's..I have no nostalgia for old games whatsoever.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah not ancient consoles here but we do still play older games from time to time. Those that we have downloaded to the Wii from the store or the GC games we have on disc :)
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have my playstation that I play FInal Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 one sometimes.
  • Options
    IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an old Atari 2600 along with several game cartridges. The console still works perfectly although some of the cartridges only work when they feel like it. Got an old PlayStation 1 that used to be my brothers as well.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I have an Amiga 600 set up which I played semi-regularly. I also play a fair bit of 8-bit games, mostly C64 via emulation on Xbox and NES on Wii.

The oldest consoles that I use are the N64 and Saturn, both are part of my CRT retro set up and used quite often, wonderful consoles.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I currently keep going back and fourth to Final Fantasy VII on the PSone, I've also got FFVIII on it, but thought I'd get VII out of the way first.
  • Options
    jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a PS1, SNES and Dreamcast all rigged up in the spare room.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty good, most games are pretty much perfect now. Spec wise, anything quad core and a graphics card from the last 5 years will be MORE than enough. Most dual cores are fine, its a pretty stable emulator at the moment.

Quick info. PS3 and Xbox 360 are either not being looked into yet or experimental stages (I know 360 is experimental, no games will run so that will not work). Wii is kinda working, but its so glitchy that its not worth it. Gamecube is pretty darn good. Ps2 is most awesome, few problem games but most of the big hits from the genres are fine, but you need a decent amount of power to run it well.

PSX, Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, Snes Nes, Mega drive and master system are all pretty much perfect.

Amiga is hit or miss depending, different computer system so its not so simple, but I think most games are fine. Old DoS games are good with DoS box or on Good old Games.

Going even further back and I am not so sure, I have seen a Calico games video, but I never had one so never bothered looking into it.