LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 20)

Comments

• ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    Early this morning Steve announced he had received a text informing him that "some posters on Digital Spy had doubted the accuracy of his reporting the death of Ken Goodwin". I posted myself but I did not doubt Steve's report, was just curious as to why it had not received coverage elsewhere? However in Steve's world we are "idiots".

Do you think he actually read the posts in question after he received the text?

Hmmmmm, I wonder who that could have been? ;)
    Perhaps they will have a Page 5 Guy (didn't one of the other papers use 'page 7 fella' ?).

Meantime I think G-S, Twinks, Crawley Cutie, VQ, MK ought to fight it out to be the first page 3 girl :D

Oooh, you are awful ......... but I like you.

*totters off adopting a Mandy-like mince* :D
  • goldenhatgoldenhat Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't think so. I doubt if he reads any of the nonsense posted about him, whether it's good or bad. I thought he actually said we were 'ill'. I wasn't going to mention it - I'd hate to join the numpties who wet themselves with excitement every time he gives them a mention. :rolleyes: I wonder if it means that we Foamars are now Steve Allen legends! :D

I love the idea of somebody actually going to the trouble of texting him about it: 'Sir, please Sir, they're talking about you....' :rolleyes:

And we would hate you to join us poppet, and I hope it has dawned on you all that the people on Steve facebook page are perfectly capable of seeing what you write about us, we are also in the main not incontinent

Steve said you lot are "stupid" and "ill", which is the main reason I stopped reading the thread, and have just read todays posts after hearing what Steve said had been written about him on here....some things NEVER change.
    Morning:eek:
    Afternoon:rolleyes:
    Evening::mad:
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sony Radio Academy Awards takes place on 14 May. The nominations for the awards are released at the end of March / beginning of April. However the judges have been announced.

The only ones 'of interest' I could see are -

Jacqui Smith, James Rea and former LBC newsreader and presenter, Sandy Warr.

Is there no end to this woman's talent? ;)
  • Crease2000Crease2000 Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bravo, Goldenhat. You seem like one of the few reasonable here :)
    Forum Member
    goldenhat wrote: »
    And we would hate you to join us poppet, and I hope it has dawned on you all that the people on Steve facebook page are perfectly capable of seeing what you write about us, we are also in the main not incontinent

Steve said you lot are "stupid" and "ill", which is the main reason I stopped reading the thread, and have just read todays posts after hearing what Steve said had been written about him on here....some things NEVER change.

Hang on a cotton-pickin' moment! Someone, in their infinite wisdom, thought it would be a good idea to text Steve to tell him that he wasn't believed when he announced Ken Goodwin's death? That wasn't the case at all, you really should read the thread before you jump in feet first.

All that was said was that there was nothing on the internet to confirm the death, and there wasn't. Wiki hadn't been updated, no obituaries anywhere and that's what the discussion was about, not that SA was lying to us as that was never implied.

My take on this is that whoever it was who thought it'd be a good idea to cause trouble just hadn't taken the time to read the thread thoroughly and had simply read what they wanted to read.

Poppet, aka gurney-slade, has every right to her opinion whether or not it mirrors yours. I'm a SA lover and loathe NM but I'd never bad mouth anyone who disagreed with me, everyone is entitled to their opinion but to come onto a thread with the sole intention of attacking another poster is against the T&Cs, isn't it?
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member

You are so right golden hat.I always thought this was a forum where people are treated with respect ,thats whether the posts are about the person who posted them or the presenter or station concerned.:confused:
    I am a proud contributor to Steves show and also one of the admins on his unofficial Face book page.I am neither very old 52 when I last looked or Incontinent and I can provide a doctors note to prove it:eek: .My mind set as well is not in question
    Whether you like it or not Steve remains not only a very popular presenter but a great ambassador to the station..Even the fact that he now begins at 4am has not dented his figures one jot.
    The world would be a very poor place if we all liked the same thing and who are you to have a go at a personality who goes the extra mile for his listeners?
    If you dont wish to listen I can see nobody with a gun to your head so just turn off then.
    I suppose maybe an apology to his fans and to the man himself is out of the question?all I will say is as goldenhat has already said there are a large amount of his fans who read this thread.one complaint may not make a difference but a few hundred might.
    Yours with RESPECT gortonian aka Paul from Manchester.:p
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Hang on a cotton-pickin' moment! Someone, in their infinite wisdom, thought it would be a good idea to text Steve to tell him that he wasn't believed when he announced Ken Goodwin's death? That wasn't the case at all, you really should read the thread before you jump in feet first.

All that was said was that there was nothing on the internet to confirm the death, and there wasn't. Wiki hadn't been updated, no obituaries anywhere and that's what the discussion was about, not that SA was lying to us as that was never implied.

My take on this is that whoever it was who thought it'd be a good idea to cause trouble just hadn't taken the time to read the thread thoroughly and had simply read what they wanted to read.

Poppet, aka gurney-slade, has every right to her opinion whether or not it mirrors yours. I'm a SA lover and loathe NM but I'd never bad mouth anyone who disagreed with me, everyone is entitled to their opinion but to come onto a thread with the sole intention of attacking another poster is against the T&Cs, isn't it?

I don't think I mentioned what the texter said to Steve re Ken Goodwin, I object to GS calling us numpties and how we wet ourselves when we get a mention, I have been laughed about on this thread many times, and have NEVER had a go back, but sometimes it gets so tedious same old clique on and on.As I said I stopped reading all the drivel on here a while ago, but had to look today when Steve mentioned DS.
    Have a lovely day all of you :cool:
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I mentioned what the texter said to Steve re Ken Goodwin, I object to GS calling us numpties and how we wet ourselves when we get a mention, I have been laughed about on this thread many times, and have NEVER had a go back, but sometimes it gets so tedious same old clique on and on.As I said I stopped reading all the drivel on here a while ago, but had to look today when Steve mentioned DS.

You've stopped 'reading all the drivel' but don't mind listening to even worse drivel?
    Hmmm. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmm, I wonder who that could have been? ;)

Oooh, you are awful ......... but I like you.

*totters off adopting a Mandy-like mince* :D

For the record Twinks and anyone else it was ME who mentioned it to Steve. Also should anyone have bothered to look they would have noticed I had already said the reason why Steve knew was that he is friends with Kens wife and she has been very grateful to him ,the lady rattlings and his listeners for their support during what has been a very hard time for the family..I posted that on here only the other day!!!
    I have always had the greatest respect for your good self and have supported you in the past when others have been less than charitable.Im just sad that you too now seem to have gone the same way as many others on here.
    Oh and for the record I dont mince and am totally straight.I would also point out the first paragraph on posting tips .Please treat other users with RESPECT .I still am doing just !!!!!!!!:(
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    For the record Twinks and anyone else it was ME who mentioned it to Steve. Also should anyone have bothered to look they would have noticed I had already said the reason why Steve knew was that he is friends with Kens wife and she has been very grateful to him ,the lady rattlings and his listeners for their support during what has been a very hard time for the family..I posted that on here only the other day!!!
    I have always had the greatest respect for your good self and have supported you in the past when others have been less than charitable.Im just sad that you too now seem to have gone the same way as many others on here.
    Oh and for the record I dont mince and am totally straight.I would also point out the first paragraph on posting tips .Please treat other users with RESPECT .I still am doing just !!!!!!!!:(

Big fail, Gortonian, I was replying to MartinRosen when I said about the mincing, I said to him: "Ooh, you are awful, but I like you", in response to his post about me queuing up for the page 3 position. Are you too young to remember Mandy?

Another case of reading what you want to read, have you ever heard of Dick Emery or are you too young to remember him?

Please read before you incorrectly quote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mummy, Mummy, they're picking on me - on my birthday! :cry::D
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Also should anyone have bothered to look they would have noticed I had already said the reason why Steve knew was that he is friends with Kens wife and she has been very grateful to him ,the lady rattlings and his listeners for their support during what has been a very hard time for the family.

That is why I posted in response

Was Steve talking to his (Ken's) wife about his death, or just talking to his wife?

I was just asking for clarification as at that time there seem to be no other reports about it.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday Queen LBC Foamar. :D Where is my party invitation and cake? :rolleyes::p

James O'B spot on this morning about the chap being extradited for trial to America.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Happy birthday G-S !! (sorry nobody seems to have known as I am sure there would have been other mentions).
    Forum Member

I've never seen g-s call you "numpties" on this thread. What goes on on other sites has nothing to do with DS, please leave your quarrels where they belong and that's certainly not here.
    Forum Member
    Big fail, Gortonian, I was replying to MartinRosen when I said about the mincing, I said to him: "Ooh, you are awful, but I like you", in response to his post about me queuing up for the page 3 position. Are you too young to remember Mandy?

Another case of reading what you want to read, have you ever heard of Dick Emery or are you too young to remember him?

Please read before you incorrectly quote.

Firstly yes Twinks I am happy to apologise for that .However think you will find should you have read MY post properly that at 52 I am more than able to remember Dick Emery!!! Wish I could say otherwise !:D Handshake ?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Queen LBC Foamar. :D Where is my party invitation and cake? :rolleyes::p

Didn't you get it Chin? :(

The postman has just come and my invite to 'Gurney towers' is there !!!
    Forum Member

Happy birthday Princess, take no notice of previous posts, forget it all and enjoy your once a year day. xxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen g-s call you "numpties" on this thread. What goes on on other sites has nothing to do with DS, please leave your quarrels where they belong and that's certainly not here.

I must confess to having used the term 'numpties' (one of Steve's favourites, BTW) but never with reference to any individual. I never personalise rude remarks (except to Martin and chin, but they deserve it) Do lighten up, everybody. It's only words on a screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . I never personalise rude remarks (except to Martin and chin, but they deserve it)

Huh ! I will take back my birthday greetings now ;)
    Forum Member
    This is why I stopped reading DS, you all "happen to hear" Steve, I have an OFF switch on my radio.

GS has called fans no end of things, Twinkle you KNOW I have been personally attacked by her and on one occasion there were several posts all having a go at me by name.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY GS and I will not read the thread ever again, it seems there is one rule for you and another for Steve fans.
    Forum Member
    Huh ! I will take back my birthday greetings now ;)

Hey!! Too hasty! Get your cake before you take such a drastic step. :D
    Forum Member
    This is why I stopped reading DS, you all "happen to hear" Steve, I have an OFF switch on my radio.

GS has called fans no end of things, Twinkle you KNOW I have been personally attacked by her and on one occasion there were several posts all having a go at me by name.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY GS and I will not read the thread ever again, it seems there is one rule for you and another for Steve fans.

I know of no such thing and that's the truth whether you believe it or not. As I said before, I'm a Steve fan, I don't have Team Allen on my profile for nothing but I've never fallen out with any forum members because of it.

I listen to him, I enjoy him, I'm still mourning the loss of him on Sunday morning, my Sundays have never been the same since the changes. I miss Darren Tossall, I even miss the dreadful newsreader they had, Emily Littlemore, but I can hang my head high because I've never attacked a forum member for not agreeing with me. I believe in live and let live, that everyone is entitled to their opinion whether I share it or whether I don't. I've been attacked because of my dislike of a certain presenter but if they say something to me that I consider abusive, I ignore it as they're as entitled to share their opinions as I am.

What I wouldn't do, however, is to flounce. Kiddiewinks can be forgiven for flouncing but not the same can be said for adults, all it means is that they've lost the argument. ;)
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey!! Too hasty! Get your cake before you take such a drastic step. :D

There's cake ??? :D

A very happy birthday to you, g-s!

You and Martin are almost twins. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - party details:

Venue: Chin's dungeon. Dress code: Anything you like but tinfoil hats must be left at the door. Each guests must be accompanied by a bottle of vintage Bolly and a present for the birthday girl not costing less than £100. The password to be allowed in is ********** :cool:
This discussion has been closed.