Options

#WTFU Protest gaining steam

CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
#WTFU stands for Where's The Fair Use and is basically a protest regarding Youtube's heavy handed regime on blocking videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVqFAMOtwaI

This video explains it all better.
I just felt it was worth posting on here for discussion.

Personally I think it's time Youtube changed it's Policies as it is being massively abused by pathetic companies out to destroy the small video producers. Worst of all is that the people working at Youtube don't seem to be even doing their job properly and managing all copyright claims being made.

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That's a good video with the NC, and I agree with the points :)
    Basically it comes down to Hollywood being greedy asshats >:(
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just large corporations which are abusing the DMCA and filing false claims to silence those who are criticising them under fair use, smaller organisations and individuals are also abusing the system.

I know of content creators on YouTube who are getting copyright strikes from organisations they have covered and criticised in order to get the videos removed worldwide. I've also known of individuals game the system by getting people to report videos for copyvio or abuse just to get that channel taken down for nothing more than being critical against them.

The people, organisations and corporations who abuse the system don't seem to be getting punished for doing so and as such, they carry on regardless. Issuing a false DMCA should be punishable under penalty of perjury in the United States and yet I haven't seen anyone brought to justice. Until something is done by YouTube and US law enforcement, people are going to abuse YouTube's reporting systems for censorship and monopolistic gain.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has affected Team4star now