Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 16)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    I said the same on the previous thread, it could almost be a pre-season for some (the far-east/Aus tour will tie up senior names though who will be required for commerical purposes to play silly freindlies)

LFC XI:

Gulacsi; Flanagan, Wisdom, Sama, Roddan; Teixeira, Coady, Nacho; Suso, Morgan, Adorjan.

Good side, might watch a bit of this if I can.

At first glance I though you were suggesting that side for the EL , which wouldn't be that bad an idea.
    I'm still trying to find a stream for today, usual source doesn't have it listed
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    EL ruins your season with the whole Thursday - Sunday fixtures.

Its a good tourney but it plays absolute havoc with a clubs league planning. I dont think it will ever be properly accepted until that is sorted out.

Tbh I think that's just an excuse , so many games are played on a Sunday anyway for other reasons e.g. we've only had three Saturday 3pm KOs since the turn of the year - Thurs/Sat and Wed/Sat only differ in mindset there is no difference whatsoever in timescale
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd play some of them no question! :) I can't find a stream either :(
  • Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    If we qualify then great but I dont think its such a big deal for the owners, manager or players for that matter.

I have said this before, qualifying for europa league will not make a blind difference when it comes to trying to attract players to the club or players leaving.

Also going down the fair play route would be crazy and not sure how anyone would want to see this. Starting the season that early would be an absolute disaster

I didn't realise we were in such a position that we can say "Europa League, meh". If the players or manager aren't interested in the experience of playing in Europe or winning another trophy, then quite honestly they shouldn't be here. I'm sure the owners wouldn't say no to the prize money either.

Qualifying for Europa League might not make a difference to attracting better players, but getting to the latter stages or winning it most certainly would. Winning it would also guarantee another year of European football as well.

How would starting the season early be a disaster, the first few qualifying rounds are a perfect opportunity and testing ground for youth players or even fringe players you want to put in the shop window. It would also give us a head start in terms of fitness, ready for the proper season.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Im actually starting to see why I'm becoming part of the reason why the proper Liverpool fans arent posting here anymore because im engaging in this nonsense and therefore giving it a platform it doesnt deserve.

I should never the the person defending Liverpool though!

Are you talking about me - a proper Liverpool fan - thats the nicest you have been to me for ages if it is me you refer to :p.

I do think many (and not just me) have almost opted out of this thread for obvious reasons which is a shame tho I am on the forum and read a lot but have not bothered posting much cos you almost do not know where to start.

I read some of the post match stuff yesterday and it was not just one poster saying BR must go which beggared belief to me. The poster talking the most sense was your good self - a MUFC fan!! - says it all :D - altho Sloth as usual hit the spot too.

I do not profess to know all the answers, I am as frustrated as the next man but I know that there are certain big things I disagree with - specifically sack BR, bring back Rafa ...etc. For me BR has made a promising start and has to be allowed a second season.

Now who to sign and who should go is more debateable and something for the summer when we have played our last match. As I am by nature an optimist I do not think we are that far below top 4 standard - posts saying things like we are years away from top 4 do not go down well with me.

Like last season we are not finishing well - a month ago I felt we were sure of 6th and could get higher with top 4 not totally impossible given the run ins but now I'd say we will 90% certain finish 7th - altho it won't be lower thats for sure. (oh and btw Sunderland are 19 points behind with only 6 games to go so we are safe from relegation :D). I had not banked on us losing to Ston who in their previous game had lost at home to QPR, drawing 0-0 at home to WH and at Reading = 2 points out of the last possible 9 - shocking form
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    No idea how we aren't ahead; Morgan has had 2 chances served up on a plate!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »

they are having the same probs as yesterdays team, an opposition goalie in top form. Hey ho! Seems to be our lot lately.... :(
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Are you talking about me - a proper Liverpool fan - thats the nicest you have been to me for ages if it is me you refer to :p.

Nah must have been someone else i meant! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    they are having the same probs as yesterdays team, an opposition goalie in top form. Hey ho! Seems to be our lot lately.... :(

Looking good now mind, 2-0 up and well deserved, cruising! :)
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Looking good now mind, 2-0 up and well deserved, cruising! :)

Became a training session after the two goals didn't it? :) Very comfortable win in the end. Good possession and tight pressing. Great cross by Suso for the first goal and a well-taken second from Coady. Both were excellent throughout.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Became a training session after the two goals didn't it? :) Very comfortable win in the end. Good possession and tight pressing. Great cross by Suso for the first goal and a well-taken second from Coady. Both were excellent throughout.

They really did play some beautiful passing once they had the 2 goal lead, it was a joy to watch. WB didn't have a hope in hell of even getting close to the ball, was worth the watching! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Chelsea V City and realised that there are just 2 English players (Barry & Milner?) on the pitch of 22 players.

Such an English game huh!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Chelsea V City and realised that there are just 2 English players (Barry & Milner?) on the pitch of 22 players.

I know!

At least we have a strong core of English talent, it just feels proper that we do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafa really needs a Gerrard to rescue this one:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair the game didn't suffer from the lack of English players - fantastic stuff, the only pity was that we didn't get another 30 minutes
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So saying as we almost definitely have nothing to play for now can we just go for broke the rest of the season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So saying as we almost definitely have nothing to play for now can we just go for broke the rest of the season?

I'd like to think that but it seems, on recent displays, that too many of our players have their minds on summer holidays already.

The one good thing about that is Rodgers might get more of a clue as to who should be let go this summer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to think that but it seems, on recent displays, that too many of our players have their minds on summer holidays already.

The one good thing about that is Rodgers might get more of a clue as to who should be let go this summer.

He'll be changing the names in those envelopes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be changing the names in those envelopes?

I've wondered recently whether those envelopes contained the names of himself and two coaches:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've wondered recently whether those envelopes contained the names of himself and two coaches:D;)

BR, Borini and Allen should be in the envelopes.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise we were in such a position that we can say "Europa League, meh".

The CL has enforced this attitude
    If the players or manager aren't interested in the experience of playing in Europe or winning another trophy, then quite honestly they shouldn't be here.

In an ideal world maybe. The reality is different. Trophies mean little unless it's the CL
    I'm sure the owners wouldn't say no to the prize money either.

Peanuts, relatively speaking
    Qualifying for Europa League might not make a difference to attracting better players, but getting to the latter stages or winning it most certainly would.

It's a long slog. The EL is bloated and overly-drawn out.
    Winning it would also guarantee another year of European football as well

"European football" isn't what it used to be. If it's not the CL, the appeal just isn't there to owners, and probably players and managers.
    How would starting the season early be a disaster, the first few qualifying rounds are a perfect opportunity and testing ground for youth players or even fringe players you want to put in the shop window. It would also give us a head start in terms of fitness, ready for the proper season.

Friendlies would suffice, especially those in more lucrative regions such as Asia and the USA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    My first was no. 15. Im still a newbie.

Is this Rawk Jeffiner? If so, you getting kicked off there was very harsh, not that i commented on there much myself after being wrongly accused of being a manc and turfed out after barely 5 minutes. Its run like a prison
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »
    not that i commented on there much myself after being wrongly accused of being a manc and turfed out after barely 5 minutes. Its run like a prison

I don't go on RAWK as I don't like how it's set up, they lock any thread which has an ounce of negativity, including news articles, manager comparisons etc. So there is no reasonable debate. It's pathetic.

Here and Kop Talk are the best. I do venture in to the oppositions forums like Redcafe as well, as they talk about Liverpool quite a bit in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »
    Is this Rawk Jeffiner? If so, you getting kicked off there was very harsh, not that i commented on there much myself after being wrongly accused of being a manc and turfed out after barely 5 minutes. Its run like a prison

It is. I pulled a bit of a Suarez and got booted out.

Think a lot of the really good posters have since been banned or jacked it in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imonfire wrote: »
    I don't go on RAWK as I don't like how it's set up, they lock any thread which has an ounce of negativity, including news articles, manager comparisons etc. So there is no reasonable debate. It's pathetic.

Here and Kop Talk are the best. I do venture in to the oppositions forums like Redcafe as well, as they talk about Liverpool quite a bit in there.

Koptalk is worse than the official and that's saying something. And even the Mancs avoid Redcafe.
This discussion has been closed.