Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As laineythenomad said she is the offspring of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall. It's certainly the case of not what you know but who you know.

It's a bit unfortunate that she is advertising a product (lipstick) which puts emphasis on her mouth as its not her most attractive feature.

Isn't if for mascara?

The badly dubbed French advert for Brie really annoys me, it seems to be on ALL the flippin' time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aldi advert, especially the one with the parrot 'like it.. like it.. Like it.. Like it... LIKE IT.. LIKE LIKE LIKE'.. Agghhh, stuff the damned thing. :mad:
  • Options
    babyeggbabyegg Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most adverts irritate me but two at the moment that are really making me want to smash my TV are the Marks and Sparks Christmas food one with the turkey and the clementines up its bum, and edible glitter on the christmas pud. Too smug for words. The other one that gets right on my t*ts is the Dolmio one with 100% natural ingraydients. I've never heard an Italian person say ingraydients. Also, what was it made of before? It's tomato sauce for arse's sake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babyegg wrote: »
    Most adverts irritate me but two at the moment that are really making me want to smash my TV are the Marks and Sparks Christmas food one with the turkey and the clementines up its bum, and edible glitter on the christmas pud. Too smug for words. The other one that gets right on my t*ts is the Dolmio one with 100% natural ingraydients. I've never heard an Italian person say ingraydients. Also, what was it made of before? It's tomato sauce for arse's sake.
    These ads have always been a bugbear of mine... would it really have been too complicated to find some actual Italians to do the VO ?
    Mind you, at least the VOa is in keeping with the product... neither have been anywhere near Italy
    BIB special dutch un-natural tomatoes.... like the ones from "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The following adverts are currently my most hated and have me spouting bile.

Save the children - Don't get me wrong, people need to know about these things and I do give to charity when I can, but at 12:30 I'd just sat down with my soup and bun and on comes this advert showing some malnourished child with white stuff all over her face, put me right off and I had to chuck my dinner in the bin :mad:

Gaviscon "how where the spicy noodles?" "lovely but I've got heartburn and indigestion" That's the least of her worries, she want's to get herself back home before she pebble dashes his toilet beyond recognition.

Poundstopocket 12 Month loans - What a load of trash, the APR on these is almost 300% and they have people on the advert banging on about how good they are and how they've helped them when they're stuck for money, what a joke, borrowing £2,000 would mean you pay back £6,442 :eek:

Loreal Revitashite 10 - This advert shows a woman moaning about wanting to multi task while showing her struggling with paperwork, then bangs on about how the latest overpriced slush from Loreal helps fight 10 signs of ageing... well that's all well and good isn't it, but can it help her multi task with all that paperwork? No! :rolleyes:

Glade - Why are these adverts so awfully dubbed? I think my dog could do a better job of dubbing these. I'm surprised there aren't people chucking holy water at their TV screens when these adverts come on, I know I'm just about ready to pour petrol over my TV and light it if I have to witness this again.

Argos - The walking sperm are starting to annoy me now.

Uncle bens talk to the microwave advert - Dear lord this advert is so awful it makes me want to go outside and strangle the first person I see. I really hope that whoever thought up this advert falls into a Microwave, smashes their head through the glass and turns it on full power while trying to get their head out :rolleyes:

The Morrisons advert with that tosser and bruce foreskin is so smug it makes me want to vomit. That Harisbo advert with the ugliest child in the world 'detective mills'.

eharmony with that silly woman banging on about how many men she's met through the site (advertising the fact she has a wellytop).

Andrew Castle is appearing on ambulance chaser adverts so is clearly desperate for money, maybe he should go to poundstopocket...

Barclays voiced by Stephen chuffing Merchant, I'm sick of irritating metaphors and smug voiceovers in that awful 'chummy' style from this absolute twunt, and no the squirrel is NOT FOOKING RELEVANT!

Someone should really check the mental stability of the person who makes the Confused.com adverts, they seem to have a very unhealthy obsession with large bouncy boobies.

Nintendo 3DS - The smugness of these adverts makes me want to explosively void by bowls all over the TV screen.

Leiths school of shittery/ASDA - I'm fed up of hearing about this school of cooking banging on about extra special at ASDA by some snotty woman who comes across as a complete and utter snobby bit*h!

DFS - cringe, cringe and more cringe :mad:

Boots - Here come the cun*ing girls, ARGHHHHH!!!!

Subway £3 deal - That silly woman who keeps saying "how is that possible" in amazement, let me tell you how it's possible love, because Subway overcharge like a bastard, that's how.

Merry Christmas everyone, this will be my final rant here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJXX wrote: »
    <snip>
    But not your last rant.... you seem to be a very angry person perhaps you should watch less TV ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HATE the Brucey bit in the newest morries ad, "ill do the jokes".
  • Options
    LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Sorry but I agree with others. It's annoying and that voice grates on my nerves like fingers down a blackboard. The co-op are a crap overpriced excuse for a supermarket with god awful adverts and even worse staff. They're not even Scottish. They come from Rochdale.

Isn't it John Hannah doing those voiceovers? Can't stand him anyway!

I hate 'webuyanycar.com'. And the perfume ads (except the Chanel 5 one). And any ad for a product they claim will take my wrinkles away - lies, all of it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    But not your last rant.... you seem to be a very angry person perhaps you should watch less TV ?

If you want to talk about tending to your daffodils then this is the wrong thread! I'm not an angry person, just like a good rant.
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to talk about tending to your daffodils then this is the wrong thread! I'm not an angry person, just like a good rant.

And we love you for it, AJXX. Well, I do anyway. You give me a good laugh! :D
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I enjoy your rants AJXX..and thankyou for introducing me to the word 'wellytop'..
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The following adverts are currently my most hated and have me spouting bile.

Save the children - Don't get me wrong, people need to know about these things and I do give to charity when I can, but at 12:30 I'd just sat down with my soup and bun and on comes this advert showing some malnourished child with white stuff all over her face, put me right off and I had to chuck my dinner in the bin :mad:

Gaviscon "how where the spicy noodles?" "lovely but I've got heartburn and indigestion" That's the least of her worries, she want's to get herself back home before she pebble dashes his toilet beyond recognition.

Poundstopocket 12 Month loans - What a load of trash, the APR on these is almost 300% and they have people on the advert banging on about how good they are and how they've helped them when they're stuck for money, what a joke, borrowing £2,000 would mean you pay back £6,442 :eek:

Loreal Revitashite 10 - This advert shows a woman moaning about wanting to multi task while showing her struggling with paperwork, then bangs on about how the latest overpriced slush from Loreal helps fight 10 signs of ageing... well that's all well and good isn't it, but can it help her multi task with all that paperwork? No! :rolleyes:

Glade - Why are these adverts so awfully dubbed? I think my dog could do a better job of dubbing these. I'm surprised there aren't people chucking holy water at their TV screens when these adverts come on, I know I'm just about ready to pour petrol over my TV and light it if I have to witness this again.

Argos - The walking sperm are starting to annoy me now.

Uncle bens talk to the microwave advert - Dear lord this advert is so awful it makes me want to go outside and strangle the first person I see. I really hope that whoever thought up this advert falls into a Microwave, smashes their head through the glass and turns it on full power while trying to get their head out :rolleyes:

The Morrisons advert with that tosser and bruce foreskin is so smug it makes me want to vomit. That Harisbo advert with the ugliest child in the world 'detective mills'.

eharmony with that silly woman banging on about how many men she's met through the site (advertising the fact she has a wellytop).

Andrew Castle is appearing on ambulance chaser adverts so is clearly desperate for money, maybe he should go to poundstopocket...

Barclays voiced by Stephen chuffing Merchant, I'm sick of irritating metaphors and smug voiceovers in that awful 'chummy' style from this absolute twunt, and no the squirrel is NOT FOOKING RELEVANT!

Someone should really check the mental stability of the person who makes the Confused.com adverts, they seem to have a very unhealthy obsession with large bouncy boobies.

Nintendo 3DS - The smugness of these adverts makes me want to explosively void by bowls all over the TV screen.

Leiths school of shittery/ASDA - I'm fed up of hearing about this school of cooking banging on about extra special at ASDA by some snotty woman who comes across as a complete and utter snobby bit*h!

DFS - cringe, cringe and more cringe :mad:

Boots - Here come the cun*ing girls, ARGHHHHH!!!!

Subway £3 deal - That silly woman who keeps saying "how is that possible" in amazement, let me tell you how it's possible love, because Subway overcharge like a bastard, that's how.

That is so funny. Please carry on ranting. Love it.

However, I'm glad I don't live next door to you when the ads come on telly......I imagine the air is blue for several yards around!

Maybe you should press the mute button, close your eyes and chant "OM" when the ads come on for the sake of your health.:D
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Granny McSmith;55451056

Maybe you should press the mute button, close your eyes and chant "OM" when the ads come on for the sake of your health.:D[/QUOTE]

Or should that be Nom,nom,nom,nom.?:confused:
  • Options
    pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting sick of seeing bloody fragrance adverts. There is at least one every single ad break and it's always smug, vain charisma free models promoting them. The worst has to be the Prada Candy one with the French bird with the massive bright pink knickers. Chances are all these perfumes ads will be replaced with sales adverts as well :mad:

Also don't like the coffee advert with George Clooney, fair play, he looks good for his age but don't really understand why women fawn over him. :confused: Maybe I'm too young :D

I do however, like an ad that is shown mainly on the music channels. It's the one for Magic with the polar bears dancing, I love it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And I agree with you! :cool:
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloody B&Q advert with that song playing throughout - you know, the one that goes 'Sweet, sweet - the memories you made - SWEET SWEET, SWEET SWEET, SWEET BLOODY SWEET!' It's on every ad break and that godawful tune cranks up as soon as it starts - I can barely hit mute in time.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't if for mascara?

The badly dubbed French advert for Brie really annoys me, it seems to be on ALL the flippin' time.

The current ad is for mascara but I first noticed Jagger Jnr when she advertised the Rimmel lipstick earlier this year/end of last year :)
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinky2006 wrote: »
    I am getting sick of seeing bloody fragrance adverts. There is at least one every single ad break and it's always smug, vain charisma free models promoting them. The worst has to be the Prada Candy one with the French bird with the massive bright pink knickers. Chances are all these perfumes ads will be replaced with sales adverts as well :mad:

Also don't like the coffee advert with George Clooney, fair play, he looks good for his age but don't really understand why women fawn over him. :confused: Maybe I'm too young :D

I do however, like an ad that is shown mainly on the music channels. It's the one for Magic with the polar bears dancing, I love it :D

That annoys me too
    As if you would go up to him and say "Are you Mister George Clooney ?"
    If anything, you would say "Are you George Clooney ?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinky2006 wrote: »

If we had a shot game with all those bloody ads we would be pickled good and proper by now
  • Options
    pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if you would go up to him and say "Are you Mister George Clooney ?"

Haha very true :D

Another annoying advert is the Lindt advert with Roger Federer. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The xmas 'Boots' adverts with that satanic alternative version of the already horrible 'Here comes the girls' song. :mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God, I hate the Lindt one with those two chocolate-guzzling sex pests. Also, I want to know why Roger Federer has an entire bag full of those sickly things, you can get them pretty much anywhere; it's not like you have to import them in bulk.

Also hate the M&S advert. What's the point in glittery christmas pud?

The Underdog accident claims advert irritates me because that whiny little mutt's tail is bandaged, therefore meant to be injured, and then, after threatening the larger dog with a lawsuit, HE WAGS HIS DAMN TAIL. Fraudulent little shit. If I had my way, he'd be bloody put down.

Pretty much anything involving children makes me cringe my own bumhole inside-out; the main offender being that "My muvver" one with a load of kids in distinctly unChristmassy costumes (spiders? A bespectacled viking thing?) praising their "Muvver" for getting horrifically in debt in order to provide for her spoiled brat kids. I don't like that John Lewis ad either, and have no idea why people cry at it. It's a twee, saccharine pile of wank with a God-awful Smiths cover and a sullen-chopped little specimen who apparently, despite being about seven, managed to go to John Lewis on his own and pick out and pay for a present. Because seven-year-olds are rolling in it, clearly.

That one in which I'm asked "Don't you just hate it when you stop noticing your air freshner?" is fairly pointless. I hate plenty of things, but that's not one of them. Oh, and the one in which I'm informed that everyone is judging my toilet. Judge away, see if I care. You'll still be glad it's there when you've got the squits and it's the closest one, though.

That PoundsToPocket one is basically preying on thick people, which isn't very nice. Arguably, neither is calling them thick, but come on, anyone who looks at that APR and thinks "Oooh, that's reasonable" can't be very bright.

Oh, and the Perle Du Lait ad can bugger off and all. Basically, some woman's idiotic neurotic mates keep wondering what her "secret" is (not sure why they think she's hiding some deep dark secret). Apparently, it's yoghurt. Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. You heard it here, people; yoghurt cures all.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wtf....Next winter sale?!??!? Ffs at least wait until xmas before you start showing the sale ads grrrrrr
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissEssex wrote: »
    not read this thread in it's entirety so sorry if someone else has mentioned this one, but the ad that really winds me up at the moment, and actually makes me seethe with anger (lol) is the Tombola Bingo one. where we are led to believe that all of the "online bingo playing chums" meet up and have a brilliant time bowling, giving each other piggy backs on the beach and watching firework displays, whilst pulling moronic faces and doing stupid little jigs. Just thinking about it raises my blood pressure, anyone else find this annoying, or is it just me?

I haven't seen it but I would also find it annoying. I don't know why the advertisers of this sort of thing see fit to depict such an alien demographic in their campaigns. The people using their service will be fat, radgee, chain-smoking council estate harridans - why can't they just make an ad featuring them? It would be none the less annoying, but at least it wouldn't be a steaming big pile of shitty fib.
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    ..............................................Merry Christmas everyone, this will be my final rant here!
    Excellent rant. A man after my own heart.
This discussion has been closed.