The appreciation of the unappreciation of James Barton

Comments

• thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know I'm a natural blonde but I knew that was what you were getting at :D:D
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I know I'm a natural blonde but I knew that was what you were getting at :D:D

Uncle Veto has a backlog of orders unfortunately.

So Adam is still safe.

>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uncle Veto has a backlog of orders unfortunately.

So Adam is still safe.

>:(

and James? ....
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    and James? ....

He's leapfrogged Adam to a place higher up the list.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Yes, Moira needs to tell Cain. I honestly think this is only the start of psycho James...Gawd help her if Adam is his, forever connected!
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    He is awful. :( I hope he goes full blown psycho and meets a grisly end.

I honestly think all they can do with him now is have him go totally nuts. His obsession with Moira after 1 shag 22 yrs ago is plain weird. She must be good, mind.
    80's Gal wrote: »
    I hope he falls into the sausage making machine very soon :kitty:

Amazing. :D And I agree, the main problem is no chemistry with Moira, it's totally forced. Which is weird, because right at the start, when he was being all taciturn, there was a bit of a spark. But the way he keeps forcing himself into her life has killed it as dead as a dodo.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the thread title pat! I thought id love him in emmerdale but he's damper than audrey im corries wet patch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly think all they can do with him now is have him go totally nuts. His obsession with Moira after 1 shag 22 yrs ago is plain weird. She must be good, mind.

Amazing. :D And I agree, the main problem is no chemistry with Moira, it's totally forced. Which is weird, because right at the start, when he was being all taciturn, there was a bit of a spark. But the way he keeps forcing himself into her life has killed it as dead as a dodo.

After all of this comes out where can they go? he's had these feelings for 22 years is he just going to forgot those all of sudden after having them all this time? Doubt it. Unless, heaven forbid, he actually gets with Moira probably but after that where is the story? I'II be honest, I have never seen any spark within their scenes, I have only ever seen James giving her certain looks but not Moira, a complete one street.
    Love the thread title pat! I thought id love him in emmerdale but he's damper than audrey im corries wet patch

Thanks Sorcha :D I keep hearing that he was good in Corrie but wasn't he mostly paired with Tracey who is, sorry to the actress, but pretty dire maybe that helped?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After all of this comes out where can they go? he's had these feelings for 22 years is he just going to forgot those all of sudden after having them all this time? Doubt it. Unless, heaven forbid, he actually gets with Moira probably but after that where is the story? I'II be honest, I have never seen any spark within their scenes, I have only ever seen James giving her certain looks but not Moira, a complete one street.

Thanks Sorcha :D I keep hearing that he was good in Corrie but wasn't he mostly paired with Tracey who is, sorry to the actress, but pretty dire maybe that helped?

He was murdered in cold blood by bitch Barlow. **fumes**. He was one of corries best ever bad uns too. The problem I have is I keep comparing james to Charlie. The writing for him in emmerdale doesn't help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was murdered in cold blood by bitch Barlow. **fumes**. He was one of corries best ever bad uns too. The problem I have is I keep comparing james to Charlie. The writing for him in emmerdale doesn't help.

She got off scot free too!! Maybe the writing was better for him back then but this character is seriously cr*p and there doesn't appear to be any redeeming qualities, he's stringing Chas along too.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    He is just awful. No charm or charisma whatsoever!! If they do have Moira get drawn in by him I will be so disappointed as god knows how he'll have done it.. dull as a dustpan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps he could have been better not as a relation of the lovely john.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I was never a big fan of Charlie Stubbs. Too smug for my tastes but then, at least he wasn't supposed to be a nice guy. But with James, I still have no idea what we're meant to think of his character? Is he meant to come across as creepy and potentially stalkery with Moira? Are we meant to feel for him in this situation with Adam? Are we meant to believe he really cares for Chas? The writing is for him is just so weak and vague.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I was never a big fan of Charlie Stubbs. Too smug for my tastes but then, at least he wasn't supposed to be a nice guy. But with James, I still have no idea what we're meant to think of his character? Is he meant to come across as creepy and potentially stalkery with Moira? Are we meant to feel for him in this situation with Adam? Are we meant to believe he really cares for Chas? The writing is for him is just so weak and vague.

This sums up my feelings completely. There is a massive question mark with James, I was under the impression he was suppose to be a good guy and there was that when he first entered with a hint of weirdness but that hint seems to have completely taking over, imo. I for one don't feel that sorry for him and I'm surprised Chas has given it another go despite he saying he is over Moira but only making a pass at her a couple of weeks ago. I think there is more to this story but I don't like him, he's one to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sums up my feelings completely. There is a massive question mark with James, I was under the impression he was suppose to be a good guy and there was that when he first entered with a hint of weirdness but that hint seems to have completely taking over, imo. I for one don't feel that sorry for him and I'm surprised Chas has given it another go despite he saying he is over Moira but only making a pass at her a couple of weeks ago. I think there is more to this story but I don't like him, he's one to watch.
    From his trip down memory lane tonight, it sounded like he took advantage of an emotionally vulnerable moment for Moira to get her into bed. His brother's wife, no less. It's hard to muster up much sympathy for him.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wants her and is enjoying making her squirm, when he gets her he wont want her anymore, but he will make sure everyone else hates her including Adumb who he will then reject for kicks.

Its how I would write it..he knows he can pull the likes of Chaz anyday so likes a challange and will love the fallout as he hasnt grasped Caines darkside
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way he sighs after nearly every sentence irks me.
    I used to have a boyfriend who did that years ago - he didn`t last long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From his trip down memory lane tonight, it sounded like he took advantage of an emotionally vulnerable moment for Moira to get her into bed. His brother's wife, no less. It's hard to muster up much sympathy for him.

again I completely agree with you. The story sounds all kind of shady, he said she was crying about the baby, could she have been going through post natal depression at the time?, and even if she threw herself at him in the situation he should have said no because she was on a dip and people do strange things when in they're in that mind set.
    wavlovr wrote: »
    The way he sighs after nearly every sentence irks me.
    I used to have a boyfriend who did that years ago - he didn`t last long.

bahahaha, sorry didn't mean to laugh but you way you worded it. ahh boyfriends and their annoying habits, eh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like James could be about as popular as Maurel / Adam Barton in terms of viewer appreciation.

The actor is never going to be able to live up to his portrayal of Charlie Stubbs previously in CS - one problem he is just too recognisable from being in that role and the other issue is that the problem is James is just rubbish IMO and also totally under developed - no one cares enough about the guy to be enthralled by watching, unlike with Charlie who had all the makings of being a total legend - which James will never be, in comparison.

Personal space / heavy breathing / sighing issues etc etc are all not good personality traits and serious flaws that need to go, sharpish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a c*** in tonight's episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was a c*** in tonight's episode.

:D:D:D:D

Don't hold back now, Jop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D

Don't hold back now, Jop

It's not my style :D

"You make me sound like some creepy stalker"

well if the caps fits...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was approaching Fiz-levels of annoying in tonight's ep and that takes some doing!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    That man is a total nob.

I just need him dead. Not fussed how.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was approaching Fiz-levels of annoying in tonight's ep and that takes some doing!

:o:o:o
    It's not my style :D

"You make me sound like some creepy stalker"

well if the caps fits...

I am sick of him sniffing around Moira like a mongrel in heat >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He sure is. I loathe this character!
    That man is a total nob.

I just need him dead. Not fussed how.

well, he might not get another contract? I hate to wish for someone to be out of job, as that's what I'm sort of saying :blush: but he's ruining the show for me...the character, that is.