Options

EastEnders - Is what they are doing legal?

HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Emma taking Lauren laptop without a warrant, surely that wouldn't stand up in court anyway.

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its not legal and would probably be dismissed as evidence, tho if they had statements etc afterwards or a confession they might be able to use that not sure tho

but it was said the police would make mistakes along the way guess this is one of them.

I am wondering if the whitney actress is sick or suspended, these shes in. milton keynes scenes when she needs to be on screen is just silly
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made a thread on this the other day its not legal at all Keeble and Malachy should be sacked for breaching the investigation by making Emma take the laptop without a warrent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I'm sure in the scene where Emma handed the laptop over she said something along the lines of "this won't be admissible in court".
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Emma already pointed that out and she said "let me worry about that"
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Emma taking Lauren laptop without a warrant, surely that wouldn't stand up in court anyway.

Any evidence found on Laurens laptop would be inadmissible in court
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...This was all noted during the episode in question, where Emma questioned the request and its legality and Keeble noted "Let me worry about that"