Alex Reid, His days look numbered

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Hold on a cotton pickin' minute.

The Mail on Dec 27 had the 'mystery man' story and pictures....
    But Katie Price did little to quell those rumours when she left her Surrey home on Monday arm in arm with a man - who wasn't her husband Alex Reid.

But is that Monday 20 or 27 Dec. :confused:

Meanwhile The Sun reported on 28 Dec the same story thus...
    The glamour girl, also known as Jordan, stepped out with another man on her arm as she left her Surrey home on Christmas Day - and wasn't wearing her wedding ring

I think Christmas Day was on Saturday this year.

There's something very fishy about this, do I smell a stunt?

The Mail pictures includes a shot of the sort of TV crews that make phoney 'reality' shows.

Have the kids been left home alone, :eek: or left with Roxanne :eek::eek: or did Katie pull a stunt and went nowhere?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The plot thickens:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Its because his sperm doesnt swim properly (probably all the steroids) and all she wants is a baby daddy.

If he cant be a baby daddy, he is nothing to her!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    It seems strange - Katie is out of the country without Alex - according to her spokesman, she left on Christmas Day, I assume without the children, and will not be back until after the New Year. Maybe they want to give each other room to breathe, but this is taking it to extremes. No wonder there are rumours!:

'.....The mum-of-three has now left the country without Alex again.

Her spokesman said: "Kate flew out of the country on Christmas Day and isn't due to return until the New Year."

Meanwhile, Alex is attending a series of meetings over the festive period to try to launch a film career next year......
    '

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3320897/Katie-Price-leaves-Alex-Reid-behind-again.html

Oh no please! Someone stop him!
    mklass wrote: »
    According to the mags!, the Andres and the Katona's are cosying up for their 'first' xmas together aren't they?.....;)

That was the utterly ridiculous OK magazine who superimpose people next to each other and put up dumb headlines. I don't know anyone who still buys that cr@ppy rag.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex will be better off without her shes a spent force with nothing offer shes revelead and exposed everything and anything about herself.but this story is doing one thing its got her on the front cover of the Daily star again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    run Alex run
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon that if they do split, Alex will get more work offers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He married her to up his profile, no other reason imho. poor thing he was too late, missed the boat becuase it was just as her popularity crashed and burnt.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He married her to up his profile, no other reason imho. poor thing he was too late, missed the boat becuase it was just as her popularity crashed and burnt.

Yes. but he was popular when winning big brother. Cant understand why he didnt take advantage of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Alex, he is a decent bloke, he clearly loves her & has said so openly ona few interviews.

But they are sadly so mismatched, she is just a nasty piece of work & he is a love sick burke who should have dumped her ages ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Alex, he is a decent bloke, he clearly loves her & has said so openly ona few interviews.

But they are sadly so mismatched, she is just a nasty piece of work & he is a love sick burke who should have dumped her ages ago.

Who really should've never bothered with her in the first place, but the lure of infamy and ££££££ were too much for Alex to ignore, IMHO.
  • graculasgraculas Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Alex is attending auditions -

""We've now reached a point where established West End actors are put on hold for lead roles, only to get bumped for a Z-list reality-show contestant at the last minute," says another actor. "I was thinking of going on Big Brother five years ago, to increase my chances of getting prominent parts. Now I wish I had." He adds that Alex Reid, Katie Price's cage-fighting husband, recently auditioned for a part in a major musical by singing Happy Birthday. One wonders whether it was the only tune he could remember by heart."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2010/dec/08/celebrity-west-end-x-factor

I swing between thinking that Alex is incredibly dim and thinking that he's so arrogant that he doesn't believe he needs to make any effort. Or both.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    graculas wrote: »
    Alex is attending auditions -

""We've now reached a point where established West End actors are put on hold for lead roles, only to get bumped for a Z-list reality-show contestant at the last minute," says another actor. "I was thinking of going on Big Brother five years ago, to increase my chances of getting prominent parts. Now I wish I had." He adds that Alex Reid, Katie Price's cage-fighting husband, recently auditioned for a part in a major musical by singing Happy Birthday. One wonders whether it was the only tune he could remember by heart."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2010/dec/08/celebrity-west-end-x-factor

I swing between thinking that Alex is incredibly dim and thinking that he's so arrogant that he doesn't believe he needs to make any effort. Or both.

LOL @ his audition piece. Who does he think he is? Marilyn Monroe?!

I think he's both, dim but thinks he's deep, and comically arrogant.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Yes. but he was popular when winning big brother. Cant understand why he didnt take advantage of that.

As a recent programme showed when he left CBB and mentioned Ms Price she was roundly booed by the crowd.

It would seem like with Andre she was dependent on 'her man' too polish her turd, but Alex didn't have anything to bring to the table.

I'd suggest their 'marriage' was for her image far more than love. By him being linked to damaged goods her 'talent' was bound to impact on him.

Look at the circumstances of their marriage as explained by him, it was about fame and fortune, now he is supposed to be carving out an 'independent' career. :rolleyes:

He'd have been better off marrying Kerry Katona and helping her career.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read that he actually did train at drama school, so that's something. I thought he was one of these people who miraculously decided he wanted to walk straight into acting, as if they're entitled to it - Vinne Jones anyone?

Still not sure how credible he will be though :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    LOL @ his audition piece. Who does he think he is? Marilyn Monroe?!

I think he's both, dim but thinks he's deep, and comically arrogant.

This.

He admitted himself he hasn't got much of a singing voice, yet he goes along to 'sing' for a West End musical. It beggars belief, it really does. I'll assume that he didn't get the part and that commonsense was restored and the part went to someone who can both act and sing.
    I just read that he actually did train at drama school, so that's something. I thought he was one of these people who miraculously decided he wanted to walk straight into acting, as if they're entitled to it - Vinne Jones anyone?

Still not sure how credible he will be though :o

He needs to go back to drama school and train again in that case because it didn't do him any good the first time around.

As for him auditioning for the West End role while perfectly good actors get put on hold, pathetic. If this is what the acting world's coming to, it will lose all credibility and respect, especially from its own (good) actors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.

He admitted himself he hasn't got much of a singing voice, yet he goes along to 'sing' for a West End musical. It beggars belief, it really does. I'll assume that he didn't get the part and that commonsense was restored and the part went to someone who can both act and sing.

He needs to go back to drama school and train again in that case because it didn't do him any good the first time around.

As for him auditioning for the West End role while perfectly good actors get put on hold, pathetic. If this is what the acting world's coming to, it will lose all credibility and respect, especially from its own (good) actors.

I'm ok with ex-reality 'stars' going on to do west end musicals/theatre as long as they actually have talent and can do the job, that's fair enough (although it still must be such a kick in the teeth for all those jobbing actors and actresses who've studied and put in the time to see some eg. Cowell-leftover auditioning alongside them) but Alex Reid has no visible talent and him even getting opportunites to audition is just sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ok with ex-reality 'stars' going on to do west end musicals/theatre as long as they actually have talent and can do the job, that's fair enough (although it still must be such a kick in the teeth for all those jobbing actors and actresses who've studied and put in the time to see some eg. Cowell-leftover auditioning alongside them) but Alex Reid has no visible talent and him even getting opportunites to audition is just sad.

I think he will struggle to get any parts now because he is too well known if that makes sense. Most actors are more private and therefore more believable in the roles they play.

I think KP is keeping her distance to give him a chance but it is coming across in the media as a rift between the two. Either way I couldn't care really he is a nice bloke but a bit mehh! to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    I think he will struggle to get any parts now because he is too well known if that makes sense. Most actors are more private and therefore more believable in the roles they play.

I think KP is keeping her distance to give him a chance but it is coming across in the media as a rift between the two. Either way I couldn't care really he is a nice bloke but a bit mehh! to me.

Hey Goldi, happy new year! :) I will give him one thing, he's unintentionally entertaining. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Goldi, happy new year! :) I will give him one thing, he's unintentionally entertaining. ;)

Happy New Year lexi. Wonder what the world of showbiz will bring this year for us to comment on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a show like Les Mis or Chicago have leads going to ex soap/reality tv stars at least it means a lot of other people in roles both on and off stage are kept in work. As for genuine talent being elbowed aside for non trained and not so talented artistes, Julie Andrews knows all about that. She lost the part of Eliza Doolittle, which she had played successfully on stage, to Audrey Hepburn in the film version of My Fair Lady. Audrey's own singing voice was so poor it had to be dubbed by Marni Nixon. Julie got her revenge when she won the role in the Sound of Music. I don't know that Audrey ever did another musical.
    Even if ex reality/soap stars can sing and even been to stage school, it does not mean they can handle the physical demands on their voice as Martine McCutheon comprehensively proved, again in My Fair Lady.
    If Alex Reid has a powerful singing voice, he would still need a lot of coaching work before he auditioned if he wanted to be taken seriously. I suspect he thought that if his wife could be a best selling author without writing a single word, maybe he could be a West End hit on the same basis. Or perhaps it was just grist for his reality show.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    If a show like Les Mis or Chicago have leads going to ex soap/reality tv stars at least it means a lot of other people in roles both on and off stage are kept in work. As for genuine talent being elbowed aside for non trained and not so talented artistes, Julie Andrews knows all about that. She lost the part of Eliza Doolittle, which she had played successfully on stage, to Audrey Hepburn in the film version of My Fair Lady. Audrey's own singing voice was so poor it had to be dubbed by Marni Nixon. Julie got her revenge when she won the role in the Sound of Music. I don't know that Audrey ever did another musical.
    Even if ex reality/soap stars can sing and even been to stage school, it does not mean they can handle the physical demands on their voice as Martine McCutheon comprehensively proved, again in My Fair Lady.
    If Alex Reid has a powerful singing voice, he would still need a lot of coaching work before he auditioned if he wanted to be taken seriously. I suspect he thought that if his wife could be a best selling author without writing a single word, maybe he could be a West End hit on the same basis. Or perhaps it was just grist for his reality show.

Another one was that Connie?.... sorry don't know her last name!, who actually did win the part of Maria?, in The Sound of Music, from what i read she was always off sick, as she couldn't take the strain on her voice, and from what i heard hardly any of the cast used to speak to her!....and you can't blame them!, they have served their 'apprenticeship and worked hard to get to the West end and along come these 'tele' winners and step straight in!....i know i wouldn't be pleased if i was in that sort of situation!.....but she only did so long in the show and then left!, not heard of her in anything else since!, unless anyone knows different?,,,,
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get out as quickly as you can Alex
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Another one was that Connie?.... sorry don't know her last name!, who actually did win the part of Maria?, in The Sound of Music, from what i read she was always off sick, as she couldn't take the strain on her voice, and from what i heard hardly any of the cast used to speak to her!....and you can't blame them!, they have served their 'apprenticeship and worked hard to get to the West end and along come these 'tele' winners and step straight in!....i know i wouldn't be pleased if i was in that sort of situation!.....but she only did so long in the show and then left!, not heard of her in anything else since!, unless anyone knows different?,,,,

I saw Connie Fisher in the Sound of Music at The Palladium, she was very good. Her understudy was Aoife Mulholland, another HDYSAPLM contestant.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And there we have it right on cue, as I said she would, if the marriage is in trouble leave to the New Year so she has a whole 12 months to milk it

Today "Marriage in Crisis" and off they go to sort it out, they release pictures and so the circus continues. Probably this will go on for a month or two as with PA then the announcement sort of March/April which then gives her eight months of "victim me" few more photo shoots, something to put into her show then it will be xmas and "my first xmas alone"

Unless................she has someone else by then