Options

What is the judges problem with Louis ??

Comments

• Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought long and hard about the question posed: What is the judges problem with Louis?

I've read the thread carefully, weighed up the competing arguments, put myself in the judges' shoes and come to the inevitable conclusion ...

it's his unfeasibly long arms :D
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindside wrote: »
    I've thought long and hard about the question posed: What is the judges problem with Louis?

I've read the thread carefully, weighed up the competing arguments, put myself in the judges' shoes and come to the inevitable conclusion ...

it's his unfeasibly long arms :D

I think you're right.

The epiphany has occurred.

Thank you Primer. Made me laugh an' all, both times.

Because.........it's TRUE.

He does:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So even if we judge it by your way of thinking: Louis turns up, does his best and you are cheesed off with him for not doing what you demand?

I think you would prefer a performing dog act as you can beat them when they don't do as told.

Are you cheesed of with the other acts that have also tried their best (the whole point of the show) and just not been good enough?

You must love Denies: A trained professional who breezes in and performs like the professional she is! Good Denies! Have a biscuit!
    This is very hostile. We're all just trading opinions about an entertainment show. It's not the end of the world.

I think this thread is just going round and round lol. Some think that Louis is trying his best and shouldn't be judged so harshly. Others think he's not living up to his potential and are expressing frustration about his seeming inability to go the extra mile. I don't suppose it matters at all what we all say. All that matters is what Louis does with the judges comments come Saturday, I for one am hoping he listens to them and works on his performance.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Sorry but his Paso on Saturday was one of the most insipid Paso's i've seen-A dance that requires performance and he couldn't pull it off, some very lazy shaping too. Same with his Waltz, technically very good but lacking romance and I agreed with Craig that theres a limit to scoring if he can't capture the feel of a dance-Sorry Guys but if the rumours are true and he's topping the votes then for me he'll possibly be the worst winner of strictly ever :(
  • Options
    Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very hostile. We're all just trading opinions about an entertainment show. It's not the end of the world.
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Sorry but his Paso on Saturday was one of the most insipid Paso's i've seen-A dance that requires performance and he couldn't pull it off, some very lazy shaping too. Same with his Waltz, technically very good but lacking romance and I agreed with Craig that theres a limit to scoring if he can't capture the feel of a dance-Sorry Guys but if the rumours are true and he's topping the votes then for me he'll possibly be the worst winner of strictly ever :(

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So even if we judge it by your way of thinking: Louis turns up, does his best and you are cheesed off with him for not doing what you demand?

I think you would prefer a performing dog act as you can beat them when they don't do as told.

Are you cheesed of with the other acts that have also tried their best (the whole point of the show) and just not been good enough?

You must love Denies: A trained professional who breezes in and performs like the professional she is! Good Denies! Have a biscuit!

Off topic but are you spelling this wrong to be ironic or...? :)
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »

I think he'll make the final, but unless he improves dramatically I can't see him winning.
    The general viewing public will vote in the final, and I don't think he has enough dedicated fans to win it unless he comes up with a couple of real crowd-pleasing routines. I'm not sure that Louis has quite managed that yet.
    All previous winners have had a couple of "wow" dances, and Denise already has one or two of those in her locker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic but are you spelling this wrong to be ironic or...? :)

...or can't be bothered to look up how she spells her name. :)

Just googled it: Denise Van Outen ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...or can't be bothered to look up how she spells her name. :)

Just googled it: Denise Van Outen ?

Ok gotcha I thought you were calling her 'Denies' because she denies that shes a trained dancer. As you were.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he'll make the final, but unless he improves dramatically I can't see him winning.
    The general viewing public will vote in the final, and I don't think he has enough dedicated fans to win it unless he comes up with a couple of real crowd-pleasing routines. I'm not sure that Louis has quite managed that yet.
    All previous winners have had a couple of "wow" dances, and Denise already has one or two of those in her locker.

Have they? :o:D
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    catkins198 wrote: »
    You are not in the rehearsal room so how can you say that? We see a small clip of him dancing like MJ and Flavia saying that the wanted to dance like that. Maybe it was put in for comedy effect?

Yes I agree it was supposed to be another "hysterical" video!! They all look very forced, remember the video of Denise and James stuffing their mouths with grapes.!! These videos are supposed to be fun and not taken seriously. I strongly doubt that Louis spent time in the rehearsal hall doing Michael Jackson!!!

Personally I could do without these ridiculous videos as ITT is only half an hour and frantic, switching from one interview to another in a matter of minutes and then wasting valuable time with Bruno's Corner or Len's whatever, and stupid videos. I no longer watch it nightly. I use to NEVER miss ITT each night but now I am irritated by the programme:mad:.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Ok gotcha I thought you were calling her 'Denies' because she denies that shes a trained dancer. As you were.

Yes the whole Denise (I only sat in a chair when I did Roxy in Chicago) drives me up the wall. What happened to the SCD concept of celebs learning a new skill, not a trained, experience musical theatre actress/dancer!! showing off each week how wonderfully talented they are!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    We don't know. He could be keen, or not. He could have thought it might be fun, he could have thought he could walk it all. He could be shyer than he thought, he might feel a bit of a prat even.

The problem remains, it's not happening, and it's as if he doesn't understand it, any of it apart from the moves.

I hope he's in it to learn and enjoy it. And I hope he gives it his best shot.

Not sure he has so far.

I agree with this. I like Louis very much - I think he seems really sweet. But I think he sees the dances as a series of moves he has to get through. And it's not about that. It's about understanding what the dance is, what it's meant to be, and it's history - and the pros do teach them that - and he doesn't seem to get it.

I also am not enjoying the partnership between him and Flavia. I love Flavia - and I really like Louis - just not together. Same in Series 5 when Gethin danced with Camilla - I just didn't like that partnership, but when he danced with Flavia on the tour - that partnership REALLY worked!

Is how I find it anyway. Would love it to be different but am not feeling it so far. Would like to though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the whole Denise (I only sat in a chair when I did Roxy in Chicago) drives me up the wall. What happened to the SCD concept of celebs learning a new skill, not a trained, experience musical theatre actress/dancer!! showing off each week how wonderfully talented they are!!!!

Many years ago I use to run a karaoke and the whole and only point of karaoke is so that amateurs no matter how good or bad can get up, have a go, do their best and have a laugh. Trouble is I used to regularly get all the local pub and club singers turn up, (who sing professionally for their living) and stand there with the look of "Look how much better than anyone else J am.". I used to allow them but frowned upon it and told then in no uncertain terms that karaoke was for amateurs not them!

One of them even boasted to me that she went around to all the local karaoke competitions where prize money was involved, and always won them. She just didn't get the moral implications, or did and just didn't give a hoot.
  • Options
    johnnyutahjohnnyutah Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missiemoo wrote: »
    Why on earth would "the scales fall from Louis's female eyes if he came out"? What does someone's sexual orientation have to do with anything - which is what I assume you are referring to.

Because it is transparent most of Louis's worshippers are female & in lust with him. All he has to do is a gymnastic backflip & the middle-aged women in the audience are beside themselves, clapping like demented seals.

Denise hated on here; Louis loved - this sums up who posts on DS & their lack of objectivity.
  • Options
    Chris_ChampionChris_Champion Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Many years ago I use to run a karaoke and the whole and only point of karaoke is so that amateurs no matter how good or bad can get up, have a go, do their best and have a laugh. Trouble is I used to regularly get all the local pub and club singers turn up, (who sing professionally for their living) and stand there with the look of "Look how much better than anyone else J am.". I used to allow them but frowned upon it and told then in no uncertain terms that karaoke was for amateurs not them!

One of them even boasted to me that she went around to all the local karaoke competitions where prize money was involved, and always won them. She just didn't get the moral implications, or did and just didn't give a hoot.

Always watched the programme to support the no previous dancing/stage school/pop band/self promotion contestents..
    I would happily watch the show with 14 people dragged of the streets but then that would never happen and the Beeb will always go for some big names to keep the show top rated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johnnyutah wrote: »
    Because it is transparent most of Louis's worshippers are female & in lust with him. All he has to do is a gymnastic backflip & the middle-aged women in the audience are beside themselves, clapping like demented seals.

Denise hated on here; Louis loved - this sums up who posts on DS & their lack of objectivity.

Not me! I'm a middle aged woman beside myself clapping like a demented seal with desperation BECAUSE he's doing those gymnastic back flips! STOP IT! I want to see the DANCE!

And I love Denise's DANCING - not her particularly - I think she's a bit rough lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    Not me! I'm a middle aged woman beside myself clapping like a demented seal with desperation BECAUSE he's doing those gymnastic back flips! STOP IT! I want to see the DANCE!

And I love Denise's DANCING - not her particularly - I think she's a bit rough lol.

Pfftttt! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pfftttt! :D:D

hehe ! *wipes splatters off face*

I never really mean it ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    hehe ! *wipes splatters off face*

I never really mean it ;):D

You sure? LOL :D
    She is a bit of a rough old slapper :D:D but I don't dislike her, she seems to constantly have a 'showbiz mask' on, a bit guarded, like you cant be sure what she is saying to the camera is really what she thinks/feels or shes just saying what she thinks the public wants to hear. That's the impression I get from Denise *shrug* ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member

Silly generalizations... I love Louis's dances (and I think he's been repeatedly undermarked) but I also love Denise (this week's dance in particular was marvellous) and Dani, so I don't think sex has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    LoueezLoueez Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted - wrong thread.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    If Louis is to win (and poor old VP didn't live up to the hype) he has to have an arc.

So he has to be slagged off by the judges in order to stage a dramatic rehabilitation at the last moment. Nobody loves a smart@rse so you HAVE to believe Louis is 50 shades of sh!te at this stage.

I do think it's all set up for him to come good on Saturday OR the one after that. No later.

Sounding cynical? Maybe I am. I still appreciate his dancing. I don't see any other reason for the judges acting as they are because he manifestly ISN'T rubbish. But with so many ringahs this year we do need a littleboylost (or girl) who comes good in the end.

Had it been Victoria then I think many people would have been delighted. Michael looks as if he just can't quite cut it. Nicky maybe has legs with the WL support. But the other women (apart from Lisa) are far too accomplished already. Not perfect but too much showbiz gloss about them.

So - Louis has to suffer before redeeming himself. It's in the script! (Not THAT Script! What a yawn they were.....)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'm being incredibly naive but could it be they expect more of Louis so therefore aren't willing to reward him until he reaches their expectations? I could be totally wrong and there could be more to it as some have suggested.
  • Options
    missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well that is nothing if not a generalisation! My original point stands. As this is a dance show any other factors are totally irrelevant for many people - although some will always have their favourites, but that is life, we cannot like everyone!