The Ratings Thread (Part 65)

Comments

• Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    CBB: 1.43m (6.9%) exc +1

That's a bit better, with +1 possibly at 1.6m and highest since launch if it's over 1.55m.
  • northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Wallace & Gromit (r): 3.10m (14.6%)
    EastEnders: 6.25m (27.7%)
    Danny and the Human Zoo: 3.41m (17.4%)

That is very poor for Danny and the Human Zoo.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good figure for W & G considering it was the umpteenth repeat (wasn't shown in Scotland by the way).
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    northlad wrote: »
    What about it made you think it might do well ?

An entirely predictable flop IMO.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a nice little increase for CBB - can it build from that? +1 might be quite high as it was quite an explosive episode.
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    BARB have updated for w/e 23 August.

12.01m for Bake Off. Smaller timeshift of 1.95m (compared to the previous two episodes).
    [B]Series 6 (2015)
    Episode				Overnight	Official[/B]
    Episode 1 (05 August 2015)	9.30m (43.0%)	11.62m (+2.32m)
    Episode 2 (12 August 2015)	8.87m (41.8%)	11.59m (+2.72m)
    Episode 3 (19 August 2015)	10.06m (44.0%)  12.01m (+1.95m)
    Episode 4 (26 August 2015)      9.57m (43.0%)
    Episode 5 (02 September 2015)
    Episode 6 (09 September 2015)
    Episode 7 (16 September 2015)
    Episode 8 (23 September 2015)
    Episode 9 (30 September 2015)
    Episode 10 (07 October 2015)
    [B]Average				9.45m (43.0%)	11.74m (+2.33m)[/B]

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    What about it made you think it might do well ?

An entirely predictable flop IMO.

Looks like it won the 9pm slot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    BARB have updated for w/e 23 August.

12.01m for Bake Off. Smaller timeshift of 1.95m (compared to the previous two episodes).

As someone that didn't think it would already be at 12m by episode 3 I'm impressed.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GBBO at 12m is just phenomenal :o
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    There was a thread on another page bemoaning the lack of "special" line up for bank holiday, the rating for that BBC1 show kinda pinpoint why exactly the broadcasters don't really make it an effort for BH anymore
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can't criticise anything involving Lenny Henry these days. It's not allowed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    There was a thread on another page bemoaning the lack of "special" line up for bank holiday, the rating for that BBC1 show kinda pinpoint why exactly the broadcasters don't really make it an effort for BH anymore

It can do well as we saw with the launch of Jamaica Inn. If it doesn't appeal people won't watch and that is true of all television.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    You can't criticise anything involving Lenny Henry these days. It's not allowed.

The Syndicate was the first show in years Lenny Henry did that rated well. I exclude Comic Relief.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.8m for ITV's 'Dinosaur Britain' at 9pm (1.9m with +1).

Those hits just keep on coming....
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched this and it was OK but I think should have been on around 6PM to 7PM.
    Forum Member

Ouch. Never mind the dinosaurs, are hit factual programmes on ITV becoming extinct?

I did have my reservations about this programme I must admit from the description, but that is far poorer than the usual worst case scenario in an uncompetitive Monday 9pm slot.

At least for them the second and final part is being slung out tonight at 8 as opposed to stinking out the schedule next Monday as well.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eek i've only been away from here since Saturday morning and you have all done 36 pages.

Thread not in decline anymore I see heh.:D
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do ITV keep commissioning programmes for the 9pm slot which quite simply don't belong there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I see no problem with this in principle and with Jurassic World in cinemas. But after Walking With Dinosaurs everything since then has been less and less popular.
    I watched this and it was OK but I think should have been on around 6PM to 7PM.
    I thought Dinosaur Britain was more an early evening show than a 9pm one.
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    eek i've only been away from here since Saturday morning and you have all done 36 pages.

Thread not in decline anymore I see heh.:D
    Love/hate television might be good for business, but it's less good for our eyes. :D

A lot of our telly these days is just "vanilla" and hard to care that much about either way. This is the time of year where traditionally it starts to get interesting again, but as usual the big broadcasters are relying on the same few brands to deliver.

I look across to the US and I envy the month they've got to look forward to, with big scripted premieres every night from around late September onwards. I don't expect that over here because there isn't the money, but I do think British TV schedules are, on the whole, as stale as they've ever been. And when both soaps and talent shows are declining at the rate they are, the case for maintaining a status quo and not making any effort at all to innovate is weakened.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I see no problem with this in principle and with Jurassic World in cinemas. But after Walking With Dinosaurs everything since then has been less and less popular.
    I thought Dinosaur Britain was more an early evening show than a 9pm one.

It was a Nat Geo documetary that attempted to be a semi Sci Fi drama. So you had serious stuff with scientists explaining the British dinosaurs examining their bones and how they came to be named or their shape defined. Then next scene the dinosaur spends 5 minutes chasing the same non actor scientists around their university in a supposedly scary 'attack'. Or raptors rampaging over a picnic table and instead of going for a family with young kids who just amble off stealing leftovers from them like far more frightening seagulls at the Stonehenge visitors centre. One 'scary' dinosaur was outrun by a scientist on a bike and gave up and ate the content of a rubbish bin instead!

So less Jurassic Park and more Jurassic Farce.

It was really bizarre and made the scientists look silly and the dinosaurs about as frightening as the cat that comes in our garden every morning,
    Forum Member
    One 'scary' dinosaur was outrun by a scientist on a bike and gave up and eat the content of a rubbish bin instead!
    :D:D:D:D:D

Please be on Youtube, please be on Youtube...
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    An Evening with Harry and Paul: 1.64m (7.9%)
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I tuned in but I end up switching over as I couldn't get into it at all.
  • mrstreetcredmrstreetcred Posts: 6,669
    Forum Member
    How are the press reporting the first X factor weekend?
This discussion has been closed.