The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

wisecrackwisecrack Posts: 265
Forum Member
I heard Alex say in a radio interview a few weeks ago that she wanted bad boys as the first single and the texted Simon saying Bad boys must be the first single and he texted back and said Absolutley???

Unless she had wanted a ballad first and they told her no, so she then decided on bad boys and Simon agreed with her???

Its strange, according to this http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a178769/alexandra-burke.html Alexandra wanted a ballad but the label pushed for Bad Boys and she eventually agreed. I guess the rumour about Dumb being 2nd single is false too.

Comments

• Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. this thread has finally reached P.2.

I'm still pissed at the cd cover. How can the single cover be BETTER than the actual album cover?

I saw a perfectly nice picture of alex on the beach from a shoot that could be used.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah we are onto part 2 finally lol
  • myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. this thread has finally reached P.2.

I'm still pissed at the cd cover. How can the single cover be BETTER than the actual album cover?

I saw a perfectly nice picture of alex on the beach from a shoot that could be used.

This one? What a great shot that is.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00902/SNF05BIZA-280_902060a.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. You mean to say D&G didn't take any other pics? Even the outtakes were better pics than the cover.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9PpG6LiAdA

Full demo for 'All Night Long' - not great quality, but I think Alex will kill the vocals on this song. It looks like it will be one of the highlights.

And have come to the conclusion that even if she doesn't get the number one single she will probably get the number 1 album, which I would prefer tbh.
    Forum Member
    myoldmate wrote: »

Love that photo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it but in Alex's version it doesn't sound like she is doing anything with the chorus whereas this demo girls is. And you don't want the deo girl's version shitting on yours.... I hope I'm wrong.
    Forum Member
    I like it but in Alex's version it doesn't sound like she is doing anything with the chorus whereas this demo girls is. And you don't want the deo girl's version shitting on yours.... I hope I'm wrong.

Shawna isn't doing anything with the chorus when she sings it first time through, which is possibly the sampler part from Alex. Anyway, Alex is a far better vocalist than on the demo, so I think her version will be far better.

All in all, shaping up to be very nice indeed if all the demo leaks are any indication. Wasn't overly keen on Ne-Yo's demo for Nothing But the Girl, but it is growing on me. Really liike the rest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if the nothing but the girl demo was sung by a female I would be feeling it a lot more than I am now. I actually liked the sample with alex's voice but in general I'm more partial to female voices. I've heard demos for other female artists sung by males and didn't like the song but ended up liking it when I heard the final version.

I like the all night long demo and actually prefer alex's first chorus. You can't particularly hear alex's voice but it sounds stronger than the demo girls chorus which sounds much lighter and thinner to me.

By the way the album is now available for pre-order on iTunes and a 14th track is listed called it's over you can listen to a preview of it on iTunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9PpG6LiAdA

Full demo for 'All Night Long' - not great quality, but I think Alex will kill the vocals on this song. It looks like it will be one of the highlights.

And have come to the conclusion that even if she doesn't get the number one single she will probably get the number 1 album, which I would prefer tbh.

100% agree. Even if she only gets to #2 on the single charts, having a #1 album would prove that she isn't a "flop".

The only worrying thing is JLS's multi-cover albums. Their management certainly know who their fanbase are, lmao. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way the album is now available for pre-order on iTunes and a 14th track is listed called it's over you can listen to a preview of it on iTunes.

I quite like It's Over. Will it be an iTunes only track, do you think? Or will it be on the physical album?
    Forum Member
    I quite like It's Over. Will it be an iTunes only track, do you think? Or will it be on the physical album?

It could possibly be an i-tunes only track, as that is not uncommon. But I also remember reading there was a hidden track on the album, so it could be that.

The only worrying thing is JLS's multi-cover albums. Their management certainly know who their fanbase are, lmao.

I think it's more worrying for JLS tbh, that their Record Label are so blatantly marketing them at young teenage girls. If they don't try to widen their appeal then they will have a very short shelf-ife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could possibly be an i-tunes only track, as that is not uncommon. But I also remember reading there was a hidden track on the album, so it could be that.

I hope it isn't iTunes only. Especially if they make it so you have to buy the whole album online to get it. I'm not buying the same album twice.

I think it's more worrying for JLS tbh, that their Record Label are so blatantly marketing them at young teenage girls. If they don't try to widen their appeal then they will have a very short shelf-ife.

I agree. Especially as I do think they have potential to appeal to older people.
    Forum Member
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/2668409/See-Alexandra-Burke-live-at-VIP-gig.html

Chance to win tickets to see Alex perform material from the album just before it is released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/2668409/See-Alexandra-Burke-live-at-VIP-gig.html

Chance to win tickets to see Alex perform material from the album just before it is released.

Would have loved to entered the comp, but once again the event is on a weekday which scuppers any chance of me going.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice moment between Alex, Cheryl and Dannii at the POB awards last night. There really does seem to be a genuine bond with Alex and Cheryl.

http://www.3am.co.uk/cheryl-and-alexandra-love-hugging-even-when-youre-not-supposed-to-see-them-doing-it/18449/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excellent! I'll be entering. It's unlikely the sun onliners will be there as they don't seem to like her.
    Forum Member
    excellent! I'll be entering. It's unlikely the sun onliners will be there as they don't seem to like her.

They'll probably enter anyway so they can go along and heckle and throw eggs at her.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww Cheryl's such a sweetheart, it's a shame her music isnt that good but she's such a nice lady.
    Forum Member
    Amazon have the B-side to Bad Boys as the Flo-Ridaless version, and a song called 'Dangerous'. Was hoping for 'Perfect', but perhaps that will be for the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I like dangerous. We have yet to hear it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep I like the fact that we are getting a new song and also the rap-free version of bad boys. Cant wait till it comes now. Hopefully if the postmen in my era are not being lazy this week it might come by sat coz it was dispatched today.
    Forum Member
    Typical Amazon.

My CD will not be dispatched until the 12th. Oh well, just have to download it as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna get the physical CD simply for the Flo-Rida-less version and Dangerous, which sounds immense! :D
  • BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else reckon Robbie might use Sunday night to pull a stunt to increase his sales and totally overshadow anything Alexandra does?

I can just imagine Robbie saying after his performance, that he's EXCLUSIVELY revealing for the first time EVER on X-FACTOR, that he's rejoining TAKE THAT, and they'll record a new album together and tour together!!!!!!:eek::eek:

If that happens (and I give it a 70% chance of happening), I wonder if Alex should even bother turning up. It'll be completely about Robbie, and his snivelling attempts to win back the Take That faithful. He'll probably get the front page headlines on half the papers the next day.

I repeat. Simon Cowell is a honest to goodness bastard:D
This discussion has been closed.