Problem with O2 online account

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just joined O2 pay and go and have set up my online account but i am having a problem with seeing Balance as keep getting this message

Important information about your account

For some reason we do not have a pay monthly online bill associated with the "usename and password" you have signed in with.

To view a pay monthly online bill you will need to have set up a pay monthly mobile phone account and when you set this account up you would have been given, or chosen a username and password. You need to use these original 'sign in' details to view your bill online.

If you can't remember your original sign in details, please go to our online username and password reminder.

If you are a Pay & Go customer, an O2 customer billed by a different company or not yet an O2 customer and are interested in our O2 pay monthly please see our Pay monthly deals in the online shop.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

I dont understand it so can someone please let me know what it means as i have done everything right that i should have done.

Many thanks

Comments

• flounder78flounder78 Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    i love sky wrote: »
    I have just joined O2 pay and go and have set up my online account but i am having a problem with seeing Balance as keep getting this message

Important information about your account

For some reason we do not have a pay monthly online bill associated with the "usename and password" you have signed in with.

To view a pay monthly online bill you will need to have set up a pay monthly mobile phone account and when you set this account up you would have been given, or chosen a username and password. You need to use these original 'sign in' details to view your bill online.

If you can't remember your original sign in details, please go to our online username and password reminder.

If you are a Pay & Go customer, an O2 customer billed by a different company or not yet an O2 customer and are interested in our O2 pay monthly please see our Pay monthly deals in the online shop.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

I dont understand it so can someone please let me know what it means as i have done everything right that i should have done.

Many thanks

You can only use the on line account if you are a pay monthly customer.
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    flounder78 wrote: »
    You can only use the on line account if you are a pay monthly customer.

That's not right, My O2 is available to all O2 customers. All that's happened is that he has just registered, and is in the process of changing tariff. It takes a short while for everything to work.
    In the mean time, he can get his balance by text or by using My O2 on O2 Active.
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    That's not right, My O2 is available to all O2 customers. All that's happened is that he has just registered, and is in the process of changing tariff. It takes a short while for everything to work.
    In the mean time, he can get his balance by text or by using My O2 on O2 Active.

Whats O2 Active?
    Forum Member
    O2's mobile internet site. Check the little blue booklets you got with the SIM. Will answer most of your questions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

I also have a problem with my O2 online account.

I had 2 spearate login ID's.... one for my mobile phone, and one for my broadband..... but I found an option to combine these two accounts.... so I did.

however..... now, the login for my broadband still works... but it tells me I do not have a mobile phone linked to my account, and instructs me to sign in with my other username and password.... which is no longer accepted at all :s
    Forum Member
    Have you tried using the switch utility to change accounts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Have you tried using the switch utility to change accounts.

oh yeah didnt realise there was an option for that - Im back into my account now, thanks for that!