Stopping outgoing premium rate calls on o2

mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a phone on contract for my step daughter. I agreed to pay the direct debit and I thought she'd stay in her monthly allowances which are pretty generous. Every month so far the bill has been massive with competition entries (£1.50 each), 0845 numbers, international calls etc. I've asked her to stop phoning the premium numbers which she ignored. It's usually to shopping services at Topshop or to find out what time a class is at the gym so not exactly vital calls.

I asked o2 if they could put a cap on the bill and they said no. I've asked her to stop calling the numbers and she doesn't seem to care much. I'm pretty fed up with it and can't wait until the end of the contract but in the meantime is there a way I can bar her from calling premium rate numbers? I don't have access to the handset as she is at Uni and wouldn't let me touch her phone anyway. I need help before the next whopping bill arrives and I had no clue who else to ask.

Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom even if it is to stick her phone somewhere that might sting :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I think you can get PAYG phones with a fixed amount budgeted. You may be able to cancel the contract if it has run for sometime with little or no penalty
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the network cant do it, and you dont have regular access to the phone, I'm dont really think you can do anything.

If she is old enough to be at Uni, she should be old enough to take responsibility. Ask for the money above the line rental/cut it off/get it changed into her name.

You've asked twice and she has ignored you. I'd be having the phone off her - maybe thats just me.
  • coolesticekingcoolesticeking Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I don't know how old she is, but tell her you are changing the Direct Debit into her Name and Bank Details if she has a Bank account.

Might make her think again!
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's 18 and an utter spoilt princess. How much things cost doesn't matter when it's someone else's money. Ah well 9 months and then I cancel then. Serves me right for trusting her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call O2 and ask them to block premium rate and international calls, they CAN do this, I had to ring up earlier this year to have the international call bar removed and they asked if I wanted to lift the premium rate bar too.

They also used to offer a spending limit too, I had that when I was younger and on my mothers contract.