Options

sky comeback offers

chris_h2chris_h2 Posts: 3
Forum Member
Hi,
Just cancelled sky a few weeks ago after not getting offered anything good enough when phoning to re-negotiate at the end of contracts, initially only offering me about £14 off a £68 full price package which would of been £54 / month, bearing in mind however that with previous offers that were ending we had only been paying £50 so it still wasnt good enough.
After cancelling I first received an email offering 50% off for 12 months, which said it expired 12th august, then received a letter in the post offering the same, which expired 15th august. Since then weve had another email with a countdown timer for the 50% offer that expires 22nd august ( the day before our package is due to end )
The thing with all these offers is that in the small print at the bottom they apparently dont include sky cinema in HD which would be £6 / month extra and dont mention multiroom which im presuming would be another £12 / month. So im still thinking that this isnt a good enough offer and also suspect that it wont be the last offer they send us. Can anyone advise how is best to proceed from here? Do I wait until after this offer ends and our package finishes then wait to see what they offer us? Do I push for even more when they do? We dont have an alternative provider lined up right now but are perfectly willing to manage until we can get the deal we want, after reading the deals some people are getting for comeback offers.
Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HD for movies is now included in the monthly price. The HD Pack only applies for Sports. My package turns off on the 22nd. Currently got 50% off any package (so same as you, no half price multiscreen). I'll let it go off and see how I manage as my step dad had an offer for his account to be reinstated for free for 12 months a month after switch off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thats right yeah we are pretty much the same im positive they will send us something else after the switch off so we will just wait for that, its not like we can lose anything anyway as if we find we absolutely cant manage without it you can get switched back on immediately anyway and will be able to get at least 50% id imagine, just feel we can get better when you read around what some people are getting, like 75% off and £100 bill credit, or even more.
  • Options
    ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just get now TV
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dont know a whole lot about it at the moment but something we would look into if we dont get a satisfactory offer.
  • Options
    KodiakKodiak Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I cancelled my Subscription after being with SKY for 25 Years, since April 1991. I phoned and advised the customer service person that I wished to cancel and they said was, "That is fine your Subscription will end on the 5th September 2016." That was it, no trying to get me to stay nothing, since this is what I wanted it suited me fine.

I since have had a letter confirming the end date of my subscription in which they stated if I changed my mind I could stay with SKY for half price, ie 50% off, for 12 months.

There is no way I am going to change my mind as I now have NOW TV, (I know this is part of SKY), Amazon TV and will soon have a Humax FreeSat Box where I can Pause, Rewind and Record in HD, also for movies and TV Box Sets I have Subscribed to NETFLIX.

Other than the Price of the Humax, equivalent to 2.5 months Sub to SKY, I will be paying only £13.99 a Month in place of the £74.00 a Month I was paying SKY.

Not only will I be a saving £60.00 a Month I will be able to watch a larger range of TV than I ever could with SKY. So Happy, Happy. :D
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kodiak wrote: »
    I cancelled my Subscription after being with SKY for 25 Years, since April 1991. I phoned and advised the customer service person that I wished to cancel and they said was, "That is fine your Subscription will end on the 5th September 2016." That was it, no trying to get me to stay nothing, since this is what I wanted it suited me fine.

I since have had a letter confirming the end date of my subscription in which they stated if I changed my mind I could stay with SKY for half price, ie 50% off, for 12 months.

There is no way I am going to change my mind as I now have NOW TV, (I know this is part of SKY), Amazon TV and will soon have a Humax FreeSat Box where I can Pause, Rewind and Record in HD, also for movies and TV Box Sets I have Subscribed to NETFLIX.

Other than the Price of the Humax, equivalent to 2.5 months Sub to SKY, I will be paying only £13.99 a Month in place of the £74.00 a Month I was paying SKY.

Not only will I be a saving £60.00 a Month I will be able to watch a larger range of TV than I ever could with SKY. So Happy, Happy. :D

I'm surprised you haven't received a reply telling you that the Freesat boxes are unreliable, the picture on Now TV is awful, you won't be able to record.... Oh, plus Netflix and Amazon hardly have any movies :D

Me and my housemates share our Amazon, Netflix and Now TV accounts with a Freesat HD box and have just as much choice for under £20 per month!
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeropoint1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised you haven't received a reply telling you that the Freesat boxes are unreliable, the picture on Now TV is awful, you won't be able to record.... Oh, plus Netflix and Amazon hardly have any movies :D

Me and my housemates share our Amazon, Netflix and Now TV accounts with a Freesat HD box and have just as much choice for under £20 per month!

I guess you are not a Sports fans :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Who watches Sport now when there is so much more interesting TV to watch. You would need to pay me a Bundle to watch any Sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I have had no real offer to go back to SKY, I am not complaining as this suits me fine. Personally I do not think that they can make me an offer that I would even consider let alone accept.

Over the past 25 Years I have paid SKY Thousands of pounds and it is time to call time on the steady flow of money to SKY. FREEDOM ;-)
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, but if we were we would just add a Now TV Sports pass. Or more truthfully log in and use my dad's sports account as it allows 2 people to watch at once for the basic price, something you can't do on Satellite without paying extra :D
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    I am in my cancellation period now. I have been doing a trial of Now tv during the last few weeks and am quite impressed. I bought a one month entertainment pass for £2.49 on E bay. The PQ is actually really good.

Yesterday I had a call from Sky with offers to stay with them. He said he could offer me everything I have now (basic pack with movies) for just £28. Plus half price multi room. With the £45 I pay for broadband and phone that is still £73. I told him I am using Now tv and he said its rubbish as its only a few channels and that will have a cost to it. I told him how much I paid for a one month pass and that shut him up. I don't think he will offer me the variety bundle for £2.49!
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but if we were we would just add a Now TV Sports pass. Or more truthfully log in and use my dad's sports account as it allows 2 people to watch at once for the basic price, something you can't do on Satellite without paying extra :D

But a Day sports pass is £6.99 a week sports pass is £10.99 and a monthly sports pass is £33.99 which would greatly affect you £20 per month budget you mentioned :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    With the £45 I pay for broadband and phone !

£45 for B/B and Phone, hat I think is quite expensive.

I am with PlusNet and I Pay £31 a Month for Fibre B/B, Line Rental and Unlimited Phone calls 24 Hours a Day. Go have a look at their Web page :-

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/?gclid=CNyQ5f-s0s4CFUE_GwodFqkK7w&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Just as a matter of interest, does that package include calls to mobiles?
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do not really know as I only phone two mobile numbers and I use my Mobile phone to do that as I get unlimited free calls to any mobile. :)
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Kodiak wrote: »
    £45 for B/B and Phone, hat I think is quite expensive.

I am with PlusNet and I Pay £31 a Month for Fibre B/B, Line Rental and Unlimited Phone calls 24 Hours a Day. Go have a look at their Web page :-

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/?gclid=CNyQ5f-s0s4CFUE_GwodFqkK7w&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have fibre pro broadband which is up to 78mb download speed and should be £30 pm but I have a £10 off per month offer for 12 months. Plus I think Sky broadband is the only network that gives truly unlimited downloads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Plus I think Sky broadband is the only network that gives truly unlimited downloads.

Sorry you are incorrect there, PlusNet gives you Genuine Unlimited Downloads. Not only that but they are less expensive. If you join PlusNet Fibre you get Unlimited B/B, speed up to 78mb, cost for the 1st 6 months £5 per month and £19.99 per month after that.

On top of that you get Fantastic Customer Service and the call centre is in UK. The last time I Phoned I got through straight away and within 30 seconds I was talking to Customer Services.

I was moving house and required my B/B to be transferred to my new address. This was swiftly dealt with and B/B was transferred on removal day, so I was not without B/B at all.

Best customer Service I have ever had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plusnet is, of course, owned by BT!
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Plusnet is, of course, owned by BT!
    :D

You are quite correct it is owned by BT but is run as a completely different company. They have their own Terms and Conditions, their own Pricing and more importantly they have their own Call Centre which is in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It does make you wonder why BT actually bought the company!
    Some sort of tax fiddle I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear.
    :)
  • Options
    gs1gs1 Posts: 8,392
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    It does make you wonder why BT actually bought the company!
    To capture part of the budget/value market, I believe, on which BT didn't want to position BT-branded services. Thus, the most prominent description of Plusnet on their website etc. is "We're a Sheffield-based broadband and phone provider, selling services to homes and businesses across the UK. We believe that paying less shouldn't mean a compromise in service."

Plusnet, I recall, had other assets, such as traffic management expertise and business software, that were also of interest to BT at the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Well I am cancelling sky in November after being with them 20 years. I just don't see the point in paying about £1000 a year when two thirds of the channels I don't even watch. I expect I will get emails and letters trying to tempt me with offers but I have decided to go with freesat and not to subscribe to Murdoch's empire any more
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Well I am cancelling sky in November after being with them 20 years. I just don't see the point in paying about £1000 a year when two thirds of the channels I don't even watch. I expect I will get emails and letters trying to tempt me with offers but I have decided to go with freesat and not to subscribe to Murdoch's empire any more

You made the right decision

If you can get Virgin, it is more expensive than Sky and the M+ pack is just the free channels with Sky 1 thrown in
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member

Yes it depends on your interests.

I'm a sports fan who loves football, cricket and F1. I can easily spend my monthly Sky subscription attending just one football match or test match. But with Sky, I get to drink in as many as four amazing Premier League games each weekend, plus every La Liga match, some top MLS action, dozens of test matches each year, and all the F1 races from around the world. For me Sky is an absolutely amazing value and I couldn't live without it. Sky shares my passion for sport and that's one big reason why I love them.

There's also all the movies, documentary channels, and very best new TV series on Sky Atlantic and Sky 1. Plus the box sets where I can binge on award-winning shows like The Sopranos as part of my subscription.

Sky is definitely an incredible value for me.
  • Options
    Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    à
    aurichie wrote: »
    Yes it depends on your interests.

I'm a sports fan who loves football, cricket and F1. I can easily spend my monthly Sky subscription attending just one football match or test match. But with Sky, I get to drink in as many as four amazing Premier League games each weekend, plus every La Liga match, some top MLS action, dozens of test matches each year, and all the F1 races from around the world. For me Sky is an absolutely amazing value and I couldn't live without it. Sky shares my passion for sport and that's one big reason why I love them.

There's also all the movies, documentary channels, and very best new TV series on Sky Atlantic and Sky 1. Plus the box sets where I can binge on award-winning shows like The Sopranos as part of my subscription.

Sky is definitely an incredible value for me.
    You sound like you're sponsored by Sky. I'm surprised you didn't sign off with 'believe in better'